Author Topic: What The Flip Moment: Paul Pierce Doesn't Make The All-Star Team  (Read 6732 times)

Re: What The Flip Moment: Paul Pierce Doesn't Make The All-Star Team
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2013, 11:40:34 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not sure why this thread needs a bump. Pierce isn't an All-Star and really neither he nor Garnett really deserve to be one. I think that is becoming abundantly clear to anyone watching this team lately.

I actually wish Rondo and Garnett would each fake an injury just before the ASG and stay home and rest.

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2013, 11:57:22 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I don't know, but I think Smith, Lopez, and one of Jennings/Ellis [their stats are identical] all should have gotten some attention. They are all pretty solidified as playoff teams and have very solid stats. I would kick off Deng and probably Holiday...

Why Jennings/Ellis over Holiday?  Is it just because of Milwaukee's record?

Otherwise, I don't think there's much of an argument.  Jrue is having a better year basically across the board.

No-no, I didn't say I would definitely take one of them over Jrue [he probably still deserves the edge] - just that it seems that he was an obvious choice while on a losing team and his stats aren't that amazing. I get Kyrie - he's the 6th leading scorer in the NBA and is an up and coming star.

But, yes, I do take record into consideration and the Sixers are just not that good, while Milwaukee has been quite surprising this year.

Frankly, I would probably put Lopez on there above KG or Pierce...

Without discussing individual players I think it should be the best players, not necessarily the players on the best teams. Having said that, I don't think all-star selections are overly meaningful and can't remember the last time I watched an ASG.

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2013, 12:12:36 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Not sure why this thread needs a bump. Pierce isn't an All-Star and really neither he nor Garnett really deserve to be one. I think that is becoming abundantly clear to anyone watching this team lately.

I actually wish Rondo and Garnett would each fake an injury just before the ASG and stay home and rest.

This times a million.

Without discussing individual players I think it should be the best players, not necessarily the players on the best teams. Having said that, I don't think all-star selections are overly meaningful and can't remember the last time I watched an ASG.

I will also buy this.

I really cant stand the Nets and Im glad the Nets didnt get an All Star. They really dont have any players deserving. Williams certainly hasnt had an All Star year. Joe Johnson started out terribly this season.

Even Lopez doesnt deserve a nod in my opinion. Chandler and Noah are both more deserving than Lopez is. Their games are more complete and they actually rebound the ball. Both players change their teams mindsets defensively.

Will disagree with this strongly. Lopez has a 25.42 PER. That is ridiculous. His rebounding rate is 14.8 - not great....but fairly average for a center. He's not a liability there anymore. Lopez is twice the offensive player either Chandler/Noah are - not that either aren't deserving.

Ugh, I just realized I don't really care about this discussion since NBA All Star Games don't matter.

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2013, 12:44:33 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
Ugh, I just realized I don't really care about this discussion since NBA All Star Games don't matter.

I've fallen into that trap before. Every time I get into a discussion about whether a certain player should be an all-star I remember that there's no real criteria to argue about.

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2013, 04:56:12 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Bump
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2013, 04:58:46 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Doubt it will happen, but it would be somewhat amusing if PP got Rondo's spot on the team.

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2013, 04:59:46 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Bump
Really? The best way to keep a thread in the latest forum topics is to say something interesting. Not this "bump" nonsense.

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2013, 05:00:10 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday

Doubt it will happen, but it would be somewhat amusing if PP got Rondo's spot on the team.

Yeah, i see J.Smith higher on the "fill-in list" if some1 gets injured (Rondo?, he isnt even a forward...)

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2013, 05:00:41 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Yikes....be careful what you ask for

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2013, 05:01:21 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
The only thing I'll say is that those who think that KG doesn't deserve to be an all-star are completely wrong. No argument to be made.

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday

What a moment when u realized Rondo is now apparently out with an ACL

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2013, 05:05:13 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

What a moment when u realized Rondo is now apparently out with an ACL

That guy totally just jinxed it. :-|
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"