By you title, I thought this was going in a different direction. I thought you were going to focus on player progression or specific games.
Before I write 10 quick nice things, I have to say I wholeheartedly disagree with your #s 2, 4, 5, 9, 10.
The entire issue this season is that the team is NOT giving enough effort and showing enough heart. It's been reported by the media numerous times that too many players are taking the losses too easily and joking around too much. There seems to be growing dissension in the locker room between players who hate losing and players who don't seem to care enough. There is almost a complete lack of pride from this team. Multiple double-digit losses to the lowly Pistons. 4-game losing streaks. I'm not seeing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow you're seeing.
Also, Boston is notorious for NOT being a free agent destination. That is one reason I'm calling for trades. Trades are the only way Ainge can get talent to Boston. Look it up. It's well reported. Boston is not a free agent destination in the NBA.
But, I can write 10 quick nice things about this team.
1) Sully's progression.
2) Bradley's defensive intensity. It's a joy to watch great defense. Though, I'm slightly concerned he may be an oft-injured player. He needs to add more bulk to his frame if he's going to keep playing the way he plays.
3) Ainge's fearlessness with trades. They may not always pan out how we want (Perk/Green), but he did bring us KG and Allen and a title, and I know he won't sit back and watch this team become a lottery team.
4) Doc FINALLY losing his temper. Man, he's been so even-tempered the past few years, it was cathartic to finally see him call everyone out for not showing enough effort.
5) Melo's progression in the D-League. He may actually amount to something in the NBA. I'd love to see a 7-footer patrolling the paint. I'd love it more if he were next to KG. Call him up from the D-League!
6) Lee's growing confidence. I think Lee is a keeper going forward.
7) When we beat the Knicks on 1/7. Great game. Classic Truth. Classic KG. Melo losing his cool. All-around fantastic game.
They beat the Raptors when I took my wife and parents to the game on 11/17. That's a nice thing. The home team winning.
9) Knowing that regardless of the outcome of this season, there's always next season, and we can look forward to Pierce and KG in the rafters and the HOF.
10) Yes, the team does have loyal fans, but that speaks more about us than them. I'm proud to be a Celtics fan, even though they're playing like crap.