Author Topic: New Orleans new CP3 trade proposal w/ Clips  (Read 34386 times)

New Orleans new CP3 trade proposal w/ Clips
« on: December 11, 2011, 07:44:47 PM »

Offline mc34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 40
@chris_broussard

Hornets asking for E Gordon, Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu and 2 1st round picks, sources say

LAC willing to add Gordon 2 deal if Paul commits 2 "opt-in" to the final year of his deal, which would assure LAC of having him next 2 yrs

That is a HUGE haul. This probably puts us out of the running for good. Even if LAC tells NO how crazy this offer is, all we can really offer them is Rondo and picks.

Re: New Orleans new CP3 trade proposal w/ Clips
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »

Offline mc34

• Jaylen Brown
I've been posting more on the blog posts than the forum lately... didn't see the trade thread. don't know how to delete this, sorry about that

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 07:47:47 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
sounds like chris paul is on board with this trade, too.  he'll opt in for next year and in a couple years he'll have a chance to sign somewhere else if he doesn't like what the clips are doing.  in the meantime, he gets to play with one of the most fun and exciting young players in the league.

chris paul is going to the staples center . . . just not to the lakers.

that first game against the Lakers is gonna be a must watch.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 07:50:43 PM »

Offline mc34

• Jaylen Brown
sounds like chris paul is on board with this trade, too.  he'll opt in for next year and in a couple years he'll have a chance to sign somewhere else if he doesn't like what the clips are doing.  in the meantime, he gets to play with one of the most fun and exciting young players in the league.

Only thing I'm bummed about; our first rounder from them is gonna be a lot less valuable next year, probably not even a lottery pick.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 07:51:37 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 07:54:21 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

Only thing I'm bummed about; our first rounder from them is gonna be a lot less valuable next year, probably not even a lottery pick.

yeah, it'll probably be between 14-16 is my guess.  could even be 17 or 18.  but it'll be higher than our pick, anyway.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 07:58:07 PM »

Offline bagwell368

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
anyone know if Clippers can still trade Deandre Jordan to NOH since he's signed an offer sheet with the warriors?

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 08:01:49 PM »

Offline dmny5000

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20

yeah, it'll probably be between 14-16 is my guess.  could even be 17 or 18.  but it'll be higher than our pick, anyway.

The problem is they're trading away a lot of talent at several positions so they'll be weak in some positions. They still wont be that great so I think the pick is still pretty good.

I think you're right about the 14-16 range and I think that's really good since the best we could get is the 11th pick. Lots of talent available around there next year it looks like.

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 08:05:30 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I would probably advise CP not to agree to this opt-in suggestion. If he got seriously hurt next season, he'd be losing out on 80 mill.

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 08:11:15 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
sounds like chris paul is on board with this trade, too.  he'll opt in for next year and in a couple years he'll have a chance to sign somewhere else if he doesn't like what the clips are doing.  in the meantime, he gets to play with one of the most fun and exciting young players in the league.

yeah, it'll probably be between 14-16 is my guess.  could even be 17 or 18.  but it'll be higher than our pick, anyway.

The problem is they're trading away a lot of talent at several positions so they'll be weak in some positions. They still wont be that great so I think the pick is still pretty good.

I think you're right about the 14-16 range and I think that's really good since the best we could get is the 11th pick. Lots of talent available around there next year it looks like.

yeah, i think the clips will be a borderline playoff team, most likely.  you're talking about a lineup of paul, foye, butler, griffin, jordan, and very little depth behind that.  not sure that's a better team than the hornets last year.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 08:19:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
great!!! paul doesnt go to the lakers and the clips basically gut their team, ensuring that they dont go anywhere with paul as a member.

maybe not as good as the celtics getting paul, but not a bad result either.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 08:23:15 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
clips and thunder are my two must-watch teams this year (other than the celtics).

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 08:37:15 PM »

Offline gotjoker?

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Why Chris Paul to Clippers is bad news...

That is, it could be bad news for both the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston.  For the Lakers, a Paul lead Clippers team provides legitimate competition in the Pacific division.  For Boston, the acquisition of Paul could affect where the future first round pick goes in 2012.

Personally, I like what the Clippers can offer New Orleans more so than any of the teams mentioned in all of this.  Not to mention, the 2012 unprotected first round pick from Minnesota that the Cippers own.  The Clippers offer young players and the aforementioned first round pick.  However, New Orleans is seeking at least two first round picks.  No doubt in my mind that if New Orleans and the Clippers can succeed in consummating this trade.  It's a coup for a franchise [the Clippers] that REALLY needs this turn of events.  Moreover, the addition of Paul could mean a commitment from Blake Griffin to sign an extension to remain in Los Angeles.  I don't know what their team will look like after the trade, but it certainly can't hurt to acquire one of the league's best point guards.  Also, this trade has to appease commissioner David Stern as New Orleans would be acquiring young players and will acquire an unprotected first round pick next year in what's believed to be a strong lottery.

To summarize...

The biggest winners...   Are New Orleans, the Clippers and Stern.  Conversely, the biggest losers, potentially, are Boston and the Lakers.

If he can't land with the Los Angeles Lakers or New York Knicks, Chris Paul's preference is to be traded by the league-owned New Orleans Hornets to the Los Angeles Clippers to play alongside Blake Griffin, according to sources close to the situation.

ESPN.com reported late Saturday that the Clippers had emerged as the "early front-runner" in the race to land Paul after the frustrated Lakers finally withdrew from three-team talks with the Hornets and Houston Rockets. One source close to the situation said Sunday that New Orleans has asked the Clippers for Gordon, Chris Kaman, Eric Bledsoe, Al-Farouq Aminu and at least two future first-round picks in exchange for Paul.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7342778/if-no-new-york-knicks-los-angeles-lakers-chris-paul-wants-los-angeles-clippers

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 08:39:44 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315

yeah, i think the clips will be a borderline playoff team, most likely.  you're talking about a lineup of paul, foye, butler, griffin, jordan, and very little depth behind that.  not sure that's a better team than the hornets last year.

Paul + Blake automatically makes them better than the Paul + scrub Hornets.

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 08:52:34 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
@chris_broussard

Hornets asking for E Gordon, Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu and 2 1st round picks, sources say

LAC willing to add Gordon 2 deal if Paul commits 2 "opt-in" to the final year of his deal, which would assure LAC of having him next 2 yrs

That is a HUGE haul. This probably puts us out of the running for good. Even if LAC tells NO how crazy this offer is, all we can really offer them is Rondo and picks.

That is a crazy amount of talent that NO would be getting. Id try to cut that down if Im the Clippers without question. No way we can compete with that deal.