Author Topic: CP3 deal to LA dead/Trade Rumors merged Super Thead  (Read 72875 times)

Re: CP3 deal to LA dead/Trade Rumors merged Super Thead
« Reply #450 on: December 11, 2011, 02:46:04 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I like it...but would IND being willing to part with Hibbert? And apparently the Clippers are a no go for Paul. Won't budge on giving New Oreans Eric Gordon or the 1st round unprotected Minnesota pick. We could be the front runners right now. Plus Golden State offered Deandre Jordan

i just wonder why indiana would want okafor and hibbert. not sure either is capable of playing pf (maybe okafor)

« Reply #451 on: December 11, 2011, 02:47:59 AM »

Offline HUD4

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1
Well if they trade Hibbert, they'd need Okafor. But if they don't want Okafor, hell that's fine. S&T Carl Landry there instead. He is #2 on their list behind D. West for PFs

« Reply #452 on: December 11, 2011, 02:52:26 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Lakers had offered Lamar Odom to teams with salary cap space, one GM says. "He wanted out and they really wanted to reduce the tax bill."

@WojYahooNBA
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #453 on: December 11, 2011, 02:59:12 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Al Jefferson hasn't been an all-star because he plays in the western conference where you have the likes of Dirk Nowitzki, Pau Gasol, Blake Griffin, and Kevin Durant. And if your argument about stats held any weight then Scalabrine would be the MVP of the league because he did nothing statistically but everything in the locker room and acted as a chemistry agent very effectively.
well i never bought the hype about al jeff.  thats all it was, was hype.  he never actually produced on court to rondos level

Just because you never believed it doesn't mean it wasn't true.

no desire to agrue about the merits of stats at this time of night...or al jeff either

lets just say i think you are both way wrong.  way wrong

And I think you have no clue.

But that is irrelevant. Al Jeff had plenty of value when he was traded. End of story.

stay classy

« Reply #454 on: December 11, 2011, 03:14:20 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
really mystified by the whole "odom in a salary dump" thing.  say what you want about lamar, but he won 6th man of the year last season and he's got borderline-All-Star talent.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #455 on: December 11, 2011, 03:17:19 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
really mystified by the whole "odom in a salary dump" thing.  say what you want about lamar, but he won 6th man of the year last season and he's got borderline-All-Star talent.
He will have a huge chip on his shoulder especially should they meet in the playoffs. I hope he socks it to them if that ever plays out it'd be awesome.  ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #456 on: December 11, 2011, 04:55:40 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'm shocked to see that LA is isn't getting CP3. I wonder what they (or we) do now?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7340640/los-angeles-lakers-pull-trade-talks-chris-paul-according-sources

« Reply #457 on: December 11, 2011, 04:56:55 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Me too. These last few days have been crazy.

« Reply #458 on: December 11, 2011, 02:03:24 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
He will have a huge chip on his shoulder especially should they meet in the playoffs. I hope he socks it to them if that ever plays out it'd be awesome.  ;D
Yea I didn't think they would have dumped him like that. I honestly saw him as a key piece in both of their championship wins.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #459 on: December 11, 2011, 04:04:21 PM »

Offline Anomandaris

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Could it be that L.A. now find that they have the opportunity to sign Billups at no cost at all?

The Odom trade was probably done cause they see a future trade for someone where they think that the trade exception is more valuable then Odom as a player. Maybe the NO deal is not totally dead yet.  David Stern would find it hard to veto a trade if NO gets back nothing but cash & trade exceptions.

« Reply #460 on: December 11, 2011, 07:39:16 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
ESPN link w/@Chris_Broussard: If he can't be Laker or Knick, @CP3 wants to be dealt to Clips to play w/@blakegriffin:

In story w/@Chris_Broussard, sources tell ESPN that Clips would part w/either Gordon or Wolves 2012 pick IF @CP3 opts in for 2012-13 season

Mo Williams did same in Baron trade. Clips know CP3 won't do extension but merely opting in for 2012-13 lets LAC know they'd have two years

- Marc Stein

« Reply #461 on: December 11, 2011, 07:40:23 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Hornets asking for E Gordon, Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu and 2 1st round picks, sources say

really?  that seems like a hell of a lot.  i guess if they know they're getting 2 years, though . . .

i must say, the idea of Chris Paul playing in the Staples Center, but not for the Lakers, after what just went down . . . well, that first Clips vs. Lakers game will be a MUST WATCH.

anyway, i think we can officially say sayonara to the idea of CP3 on the Celtics, unless the Clips really balk at the idea of giving up so much for Paul and refuse to include Gordon or the T-Wolves pick.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #462 on: December 11, 2011, 07:46:35 PM »

Offline mc34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 40
ESPN link w/@Chris_Broussard: If he can't be Laker or Knick, @CP3 wants to be dealt to Clips to play w/@blakegriffin:

In story w/@Chris_Broussard, sources tell ESPN that Clips would part w/either Gordon or Wolves 2012 pick IF @CP3 opts in for 2012-13 season

Mo Williams did same in Baron trade. Clips know CP3 won't do extension but merely opting in for 2012-13 lets LAC know they'd have two years

- Marc Stein

That is a TON to give up. I think this puts us out of the running for good.

« Reply #463 on: December 11, 2011, 07:48:36 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
CP3 is going to walk away after the season and NOH will be left with nothing to show for it...or will have to accept a low ball offer at the last minute.

« Reply #464 on: December 30, 2011, 11:10:46 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
edit:

It's a cute image, but pick one thread for it.

Kept it here.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=51048.msg1102845;topicseen#new
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 11:59:48 PM by Redz »