Author Topic: Robert Parish Insider Infos  (Read 2060 times)

Robert Parish Insider Infos
« on: October 27, 2010, 01:35:25 PM »

Offline oley

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 1
Hello Forum,

I'm a Celtic-Fan from Switzerland and started to inform myself about the glorious 80's of my beloved franchise.
A player who really caught my attention is Robert Parish and I'm dying to know more about him.
I already scoured the internet thoroughly but I'm looking for someone who could provide me with some "insiders" about Parish. An American friend of mine told me that I should ask the fans from this great forum. I already read the threadhttp://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=21132.0 in which you discussed if Robert is a stiff or not. Very entertaining and interesting...

Is there anyone who saw Parish play at the time? What was so special about him? Are there any "inside facts" about him? Maybe even off the court (family life, TV commercials, shoes he wore etc.) Was he really that lone wolf? Why is he alwasy named at the third place when it comes to the great three from that time?

Any link, information, anecdote is helpful to me!

Thank you!
oley

Re: Robert Parish Insider Infos
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 02:53:51 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Interesting...

I can't share this on the forums (ie. provide a link) but years ago I subscribed to "Celtics Pride" magazine.  There were some great articles on the 1980s-1990's Celtics, and Robert Parish was a fixture in many of them.

Always reliable and steady, and probably what I would call the 'most taken for granted' Celtic there ever was...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

Re: Robert Parish Insider Infos
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 03:43:19 PM »

Offline ed3233

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
He currently lives in Cornelius, North Carolina in the Penninsula subdivision. You usually cannot find him out roaming the town as he likes his privacy. But, he does get a grin when you say Hey, Chiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeffffff!!! Should I stalk him and get some pics for you?