6 (16.2%)
Dwayne Wade
4 (10.8%)
Chris Paul
2 (5.4%)
Dwight Howard
1 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Lebron vs Kobe  (Read 15857 times)

Re: Lebron vs Kobe
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2009, 03:08:44 PM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
I love how no one has commented on this, especially you SW:

I'd rather have Kobe as my go-to guy at the end of a game than LeBron, especially because Kobe is less reliant on officiating in terms of getting off a quality shot.  LeBron's bulldozing drives to the basket and/or crab dribbles are always subject to interpretation.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't trust a player who, IMO, isn't as good as he is without the officials.

If you want to crown this kid King, go right ahead.  I am in awe of his freakish athletic ability, but I do not let that cloud my reason in terms of evaluating basketball skill.

I'm looking forward to Roy's next post with millions of devised statistics telling me I'm wrong.

Well, I did touch on this tangentially, as I pointed out that I believe that clutch scoring has become a bit overrated.  It's great to have, but by no means the be-all/end-all of who is the best player when compared to overall impact.

That said, I'm not sure I see your point with this line of reasoning.  It appears that you are saying that LeBron is more likely to draw a foul at the end of a game with his drives than Kobe...but that's somehow worse than trying to score off of a jumper?  Even with the "interpretation", as you put it, involved in referee calls, driving with the ability to score or draw the foul is a much higher percentage shot than depending on creating a jumper off of a dribble.  Or did I interpret your point incorrectly?  Because I find myself a bit confused...

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2009, 03:13:34 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Shouldn't the only one with a Finals MVP get the nod for most clutch. Oh wait... neither of them has one.

But you know who does?

D-WADE!

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2009, 03:48:51 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I love how no one has commented on this, especially you SW:

I'd rather have Kobe as my go-to guy at the end of a game than LeBron, especially because Kobe is less reliant on officiating in terms of getting off a quality shot.  LeBron's bulldozing drives to the basket and/or crab dribbles are always subject to interpretation.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't trust a player who, IMO, isn't as good as he is without the officials.

If you want to crown this kid King, go right ahead.  I am in awe of his freakish athletic ability, but I do not let that cloud my reason in terms of evaluating basketball skill.

I'm looking forward to Roy's next post with millions of devised statistics telling me I'm wrong.

Again, in the last five minutes of close games:

* Lebron scores more than Kobe
* Shoots a higher percentage than Kobe
* Is more efficient than Kobe
* Rebounds more than Kobe
* Gets more assists than Kobe
* Gets more blocks than Kobe
* Gets more steals than Kobe

He's done this two seasons in a row.  Lebron shoots a very efficient .563 eFG% on jump shots, which counters your suggestion that Lebron only performs if he's getting to the line.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2009, 01:26:16 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
 For clutchness, LeBron's performance in that game 7 was great: but did he win the game?  What mean clutch shots (not games) has LeBrick made in his career?  Not just buzzer beaters, but game sealers?  ...  I'd rather have Kobe as my go-to guy at the end of a game than LeBron...

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=25481.15

;D

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions