Author Topic: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game  (Read 4530879 times)

Re: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game
« Reply #15615 on: February 11, 2013, 12:06:18 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Jinx.

** Play PAPOUG - Go Celtics! **

FEBRUARY 11, 2013

Bahku - Mickael Gelabale, Minnesota Timberwolves: 5.9
MGent - Leandro Barbosa, Boston Celtics:  5.3
bdm860 - Jeff Green, Boston Celtics:  10.0

** 2 TPs to 'Boots for her help ... all are paid up. **
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #15616 on: February 11, 2013, 12:12:11 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
CelticsConcourse, this is just a game that was thought up by a member of the CelticsBlog.  We play it for fun, more than real competition....and we have a good time with it.  The rules are kind of fluid to adjust for needs of the members (for example, originally one had to have his pick in before the first game of the day, but it was changed to before the game involving his pick).  Bahku administers the game, voluntarily, and we all love it.  I am sure Bahku will point you to the "rules" that are written down....I know they are somewhere in the link. If you have any questions or problems, just shoot him a PM.  Please take this game as the fun thing it is...it is not a formal cut throat kind of thing.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #15617 on: February 11, 2013, 12:31:25 AM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408

FEBRUARY 11, 2013

Cletus1985 - Chris Wilcox, Boston Celtics: 4.4

« Reply #15618 on: February 11, 2013, 12:32:02 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
CelticsConcourse, this is just a game that was thought up by a member of the CelticsBlog.  We play it for fun, more than real competition....and we have a good time with it.  The rules are kind of fluid to adjust for needs of the members (for example, originally one had to have his pick in before the first game of the day, but it was changed to before the game involving his pick).  Bahku administers the game, voluntarily, and we all love it.  I am sure Bahku will point you to the "rules" that are written down....I know they are somewhere in the link. If you have any questions or problems, just shoot him a PM.  Please take this game as the fun thing it is...it is not a formal cut throat kind of thing.
We tried it first last year with PAPTBG and decided it worked well, especially for people who couldn't get to CB until late in the day or evenings, so Redz and I decided to change it in the other games as well, (I think most of us have benefited from that particular tweaking of the rules).

I added it to the bottom of the results page for a while, until everyone was aware of it ... guess I'll have to put it back.

Not sure what's going on here, but if anyone has a problem with how I administer the game or a rule thing, they should PM me directly, or post it to make it an issue we're all aware of and can discuss properly.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #15619 on: February 11, 2013, 12:42:00 AM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
We tried it first last year with PAPTBG and decided it worked well, especially for people who couldn't get to CB until late in the day or evenings, so Redz and I decided to change it in the other games as well, (I think most of us have benefited from that particular tweaking of the rules).

I added it to the bottom of the results page for a while, until everyone was aware of it ... guess I'll have to put it back.

Not sure what's going on here, but if anyone has a problem with how I administer the game or a rule thing, they should PM me directly, or post it to make it an issue we're all aware of and can discuss properly.

Other than the fact that you and Rubio stole my win tonight by .2 points :) i think you're doing a great job (it has to be hard keeping up with this daily). TP for you and thirstyboots for helping keep this game going! I'm having a blast!

Is there going to be any sort of side game for all star weekend? While I'm thinking about it.

« Reply #15620 on: February 11, 2013, 12:48:16 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Other than the fact that you and Rubio stole my win tonight by .2 points :) i think you're doing a great job (it has to be hard keeping up with this daily). TP for you and thirstyboots for helping keep this game going! I'm having a blast!

Is there going to be any sort of side game for all star weekend? While I'm thinking about it.
Yup, there will be a game on Friday for the Rising Stars Challenge (9PM), the D-League All-Stars on Saturday (3PM), and the All-Star Game on Sunday (8PM) ... I'll provide links to the player lists, etc., on those days.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #15621 on: February 11, 2013, 12:59:30 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

Cletus, I just noticed.  You are a rare breed.  There are not too many posters who have more TPs than posts.  Congratulations.  Have another, ha ha ha.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:47:56 AM by thirstyboots18 »
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #15622 on: February 11, 2013, 01:09:59 AM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum

Cletus, I just noticed.  You are a rare breed.  There are not too many posters who have more TPs than posts.  Congratulations.  Have another, ha ha ha.

Thanks boots! I love being abnormal lol
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:46:32 AM by thirstyboots18 »

« Reply #15623 on: February 11, 2013, 04:14:56 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes

FEBRUARY 11, 2013

Misha - Nick Young, Philadelphia 76ers: 11.1
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #15624 on: February 11, 2013, 06:23:40 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION

FEBRUARY 11, 2013

33-00-32 - Ricky Rubio, Minnesota Timberwolves: 7.1
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #15625 on: February 11, 2013, 07:22:26 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

I noticed. Bahku also spends a lot of time working on this site and deserves TPs even when he loses. ;)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #15626 on: February 11, 2013, 08:30:10 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

FEBRUARY 11, 2013

dark_lord- emeka okafor-wizards- 8.8

« Reply #15627 on: February 11, 2013, 08:54:42 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
FEBRUARY 11, 2013

bdm860 - Jeff Green, Boston Celtics:  10.2

slamtheking - Courtney Lee, Celtics: 7.5

« Reply #15628 on: February 11, 2013, 09:35:09 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
FEBRUARY 11, 2013

sofutomygaha- Ersan Ilyasova- Bucks - 11.1

« Reply #15629 on: February 11, 2013, 11:51:51 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
I noticed. Bahku also spends a lot of time working on this site and deserves TPs even when he loses. ;)

This ^^^

FEBRUARY 11, 2013

slamtheking - Courtney Lee, Celtics: 7.5
sofutomygaha- Ersan Ilyasova- Bucks - 11.1
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin