Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 399993 times)

Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #360 on: April 06, 2009, 05:06:00 AM »

Offline celticspride18

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 5
Im from mexico.. ( 3 hours from LA )almost everybody here is laker fan.. I started as a kid watching larry bird .. etc.. became a die hard fan since.. go celtics!!!
 and.. as rudy T say one day.. never under estimate the heart of a champion... in playofs.. celtics will be back!!.. 61 wins.. with all that injuries...  CELTIS ARE THE BETTER TEAM TO.. PLAY EACH AND EVERY POSESSION.. ( PLAYOFF BASKETBALL ).. LAKERS ARE BETTER TEAM.. ( CERO HEART LAST YEAR.. 1/2 THIS YEAR ) CLEVELAND IS TOUGH.. BUT.. WE ARE BETTER TEAM...   CELTICS ARE WAAY BETTER THAN LAST YEAR.. 18 ITS COMING!!!..

« Reply #361 on: April 06, 2009, 09:51:55 AM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
413 Springfield baby.

Almost no one here cares about the Celtics, and it's really sad. It's all Patriots and Redsox. Way too many bandwagon jumpers in this area too (Kobe and Lebron fans). A few years ago, I was probably 1 of 4 people in this city that watched every celtic game I could.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #362 on: April 06, 2009, 11:00:42 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
413 Springfield baby.

Almost no one here cares about the Celtics, and it's really sad. It's all Patriots and Redsox. Way too many bandwagon jumpers in this area too (Kobe and Lebron fans). A few years ago, I was probably 1 of 4 people in this city that watched every celtic game I could.

Agreed, I go to UMass, and a lot of my friends from western mass either don't care about the Celtics or for some reason sweat Kobe.  These are also the same people who told me Tyler Hansbrough wasn't a top 3 player on his own team.
do it

« Reply #363 on: April 06, 2009, 11:12:13 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
413 Springfield baby.

Agreed, I go to UMass, and a lot of my friends from western mass either don't care about the Celtics or for some reason sweat Kobe.  These are also the same people who told me Tyler Hansbrough wasn't a top 3 player on his own team.

Last year, what got me the most was looking through the windows at McMurphy's and seeing every single TV on the Sox game.  That's fine and all, but this was during the CELTICS PLAYOFFS!!!  I was so mad.  How can you disrespect during a Celtics playoffs game?

The advantage though is that when you are a Celtics fan at UMass, you get to meet fellow Celtics fans who are true fans.  I remember one night I was at the bars and this kid went up to me and told me he had worked with me at Mullins Center for a day and remembered me talking about the Celtics when they were really bad.  So when he saw me (this was last year) he complimented me on fanship.  He was saying something along the lines of me being a true Celtics fan and that I deserve this.  That was pretty cool.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #364 on: April 06, 2009, 11:15:10 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Im from mexico.. ( 3 hours from LA )almost everybody here is laker fan.. I started as a kid watching larry bird .. etc.. became a die hard fan since.. go celtics!!!
 and.. as rudy T say one day.. never under estimate the heart of a champion... in playofs.. celtics will be back!!.. 61 wins.. with all that injuries...  CELTIS ARE THE BETTER TEAM TO.. PLAY EACH AND EVERY POSESSION.. ( PLAYOFF BASKETBALL ).. LAKERS ARE BETTER TEAM.. ( CERO HEART LAST YEAR.. 1/2 THIS YEAR ) CLEVELAND IS TOUGH.. BUT.. WE ARE BETTER TEAM...   CELTICS ARE WAAY BETTER THAN LAST YEAR.. 18 ITS COMING!!!..

Bienvenido
Y ojala pierdan contra el salvador en el proximo partido de la hexagonal...
 ;)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #365 on: April 06, 2009, 11:50:18 AM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
Dedham, MA
UBUNTU

« Reply #366 on: April 06, 2009, 12:20:39 PM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
413 Springfield baby.

Yeah I go to WNEC and to this day I am pleasantly surprised to see someone wearing a celtics hat/jersey/shirt on campus, even after they win a championship.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #367 on: April 22, 2009, 06:54:41 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Long Island New York.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #368 on: April 22, 2009, 07:30:23 PM »

Offline eddietours

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
Dominican Rep ;D

« Reply #369 on: April 22, 2009, 08:13:48 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I wish we had one of those maps like on facebook where we could put like a thousand little push pins on it

« Reply #370 on: April 23, 2009, 03:12:57 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I wish we had one of those maps like on facebook where we could put like a thousand little push pins on it

Great idea.

« Reply #371 on: July 31, 2009, 12:43:27 AM »

Offline wild

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
from Philippines here. And most people here are Fakers/Kobe/Lebron/Cavs fan *sigh*
Get that 18th banner ready!

« Reply #372 on: July 31, 2009, 02:14:08 AM »

Offline Jay G

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
Malden, MA. Home of the golden tornadoes.

HEY I'm from Malden too, well I'm technically living in Medford right now, but still.

TP just because!
One Love

« Reply #373 on: July 31, 2009, 04:45:21 AM »

Offline geneconley

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
From Bilbao, Spain. But now I live in Madrid. Celtics fan since 1982. Green cheers.

« Reply #374 on: July 31, 2009, 04:49:54 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
from Philippines here. And most people here are Fakers/Kobe/Lebron/Cavs fan *sigh*

yeah.. i totally agree.
im from quezon city, philippines. i met paul pierce during one of his campus tours in ateneo last 2004 i think