Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 405637 times)

Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #345 on: March 07, 2009, 02:15:05 PM »

Offline andrewf

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 5
Hey Everybody!

Im from southern california, about 30 mins outside LA. I became a celtics fan in about 2000. ive always hated the lakers as long as i can remember for whatever reason, which drew me to the celtics watching old clips of larry and magic. its difficult only being able to watch lakers or clippers while i wait for the next celtics game to be on national coverage. i recently discovered this blog and it has been a godsend in helping me keep up with my beloved celtics.  so thanks to everyone who runs this blog and GO CELTICS!

Celtics fan in the heart of Laker country

« Reply #346 on: March 07, 2009, 09:18:48 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Hey guys!

I've just signed up on this great blog, though I've been reading it for months now. I'm French and so as you can guess I live in France, and I hope you'll excuse my english which may be poor sometimes! :P

I've discovered the NBA about 3 years ago, my favourite team at the time were the Suns. When I found that the "Big Three" was build last summer, I began watching the Celtics' games, though I hadn't seen Pierce, Garnett and Allen play before that, so I discovered the three of them for the first time as Celtics... I was amazed by the collective game and the quality basket-ball played by the team so I enjoyed it and then I became a fan. Watching C's' games at 3 am (thanks to the time difference) is now something usual for me. ;D

Needless to say that the 2008 championship was really great, and that I hope that the Celtics can repeat this year!

See you on the forum!

Drucci.

soyez bienvenus au blog mon ami. votre anglais est juste parfait. bien que vous ne soyez pas une longue période celtics le fan, vous êtes maintenant un fan de celtics qui est grand. accueillez et j'espère que vous appréciez le blog.

« Reply #347 on: March 07, 2009, 09:40:52 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Hey guys!

I've just signed up on this great blog, though I've been reading it for months now. I'm French and so as you can guess I live in France, and I hope you'll excuse my english which may be poor sometimes! :P

I've discovered the NBA about 3 years ago, my favourite team at the time were the Suns. When I found that the "Big Three" was build last summer, I began watching the Celtics' games, though I hadn't seen Pierce, Garnett and Allen play before that, so I discovered the three of them for the first time as Celtics... I was amazed by the collective game and the quality basket-ball played by the team so I enjoyed it and then I became a fan. Watching C's' games at 3 am (thanks to the time difference) is now something usual for me. ;D

Needless to say that the 2008 championship was really great, and that I hope that the Celtics can repeat this year!

See you on the forum!

Drucci.

soyez bienvenus au blog mon ami. votre anglais est juste parfait. bien que vous ne soyez pas une longue période celtics le fan, vous êtes maintenant un fan de celtics qui est grand. accueillez et j'espère que vous appréciez le blog.

Dark Lord, that is either French or some Rodian bounty hunter language. ;)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #348 on: March 07, 2009, 09:46:55 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Hey Everybody!

Im from southern california, about 30 mins outside LA. I became a celtics fan in about 2000. ive always hated the lakers as long as i can remember for whatever reason, which drew me to the celtics watching old clips of larry and magic. its difficult only being able to watch lakers or clippers while i wait for the next celtics game to be on national coverage. i recently discovered this blog and it has been a godsend in helping me keep up with my beloved celtics.  so thanks to everyone who runs this blog and GO CELTICS!

TP for you!  I got nothing but love for a Celtics fan from LA!!!!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #349 on: March 07, 2009, 10:35:41 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Hey everybody,

I'm from Greece, Athens, and I'm a huge fan of the Celtics' team... I rarely miss a match and that would be because some games against Western teams start at about 10.00pm ET, which is 5.00am in my country(freaky,hah... ;D)! Otherwise, I have watched every single home game and I'm trying to keep up with this blog to stay informed!!

I also want to let you know(I guess most of you don't know...)that my favorite team in Greece is called Panathinaikos and a trefoil is our emblem, too, green-white jerseys, etc! Panathinaikos is the greatest basketball franchise in Greece and one of the greatest in Europe, along with Maccabi Tel Aviv and CSKA Moscow! So, I'm dreaming of a Celtics-Panathinaikos friendly game in the near future, that would be perfect!

I'm so glad to be a member of this blog, great job and great posts by everyone... And I like the quality of this blog's members, which is indubitable for sure!! Keep up with the good stuff guys... ;)
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #350 on: March 07, 2009, 11:57:48 PM »

Offline celtindo

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 1
Hi everybody,
I'm from Indonesia. I started loving the Celtics back in my high school days in 1986 when the local TV started showing an NBA game every 2 weeks for 1 hour each. (imagine wathcing this condensed game  :-[ )They showed more of the Celts Lakers game, and I began to love the Green and hate the Lakers (really really hate them!) My all time fav is McHale, love his ballet move which is always different every time.
I went on to study at Texas A&M in 87, enduring the long drought that the Celtics had till last year, following the Bird's era in late 80's, going back to my country in 94,  missing out the 1994-1998 era, and thanks to Internet, started following up on the Celtics again in 2000's.  Thank God, finally I could see the Celts winning it all last year  :)
Really love this blog where I can feel the brotherhood of us who love the Celtics. Yeah! Many NBA followers here in my country are actually Lakers fans.
Anyway, thanks for the blog again. Keep it up folks, hopefully I can contribute too soon.

« Reply #351 on: March 08, 2009, 09:12:51 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Hey guys!

See you on the forum!

Drucci.

chief, you impressed me with your knowledge of the star wars universe.....however, im a sith lord, not a wimpy rodian bounty hunter like Greedo! lol

it is french ;D

« Reply #352 on: March 08, 2009, 09:23:38 PM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
Iowa  :)
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

« Reply #353 on: March 09, 2009, 01:41:57 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Hey guys!

See you on the forum!

Drucci.

;D

chief, you impressed me with your knowledge of the star wars universe.....however, im a sith lord, not a wimpy rodian bounty hunter like Greedo! lol

it is french ;D

Merci pour cet accueil en français, j'apprécie l'effort! ;D

« Reply #354 on: March 09, 2009, 02:53:49 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Oshkosh WI
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #355 on: March 09, 2009, 02:58:11 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Hey guys!

See you on the forum!

Drucci.

it is french ;D

Just between me and you, Han will always shoot first. :)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #356 on: March 09, 2009, 06:17:37 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Hey guys!

See you on the forum!

Drucci.

it is french ;D

Just between me and you, Han will always shoot first. :)

ur absolutely right!!!

« Reply #357 on: March 09, 2009, 06:20:51 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Merci pour cet accueil en français, j'apprécie l'effort! ;D

votre accueil. j'espère que vous appréciez votre temps ici

« Reply #358 on: April 03, 2009, 10:34:45 AM »

Offline Ed Teach

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 8
Houston, TX.
I have run into more Celtic fans than you would think.  The Celtic fans repersented well at the game against the Rockets here in Houston.

During the early 80's until 1986, I lived in Acton, Mass with my family.  I became a Celtic fan watching those 80's teams and have followed ever since.

« Reply #359 on: April 06, 2009, 03:47:05 AM »

Offline steved24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
Los Angeles, CA. Lived here for almost two years. Born and raised on the Cape. Went to school in Boston. Grew up watching the Celtics all my life. They are my favorite sports team. Paul Pierce is my favorite player. I don't know if anyone else can relate to this but I recorded game 6 of the finals last year on my DVR. For about a month straight I would watch the game in its entirety at least a few times a week. I would probably still be watching it if I still had my cable. Die hard fan, I try and watch all of the games. Representing the C's in LA is fun. Dangerous but fun.. haha.