Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 400063 times)

Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #315 on: August 18, 2008, 06:39:29 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

...would like to hear as well   :)

(Me bored? Why d'you say that?  ;))

« Reply #316 on: October 14, 2008, 09:35:34 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Ah, you people thought this was dead.
Well, as long as I keep postin' here
it's never dead, just dormant  ;)
So here's a little

and let's see if we can get this thing
going once again...

As my CB name suggests, I  reside on
the beautiful island of Amager, just
outside of Copenhagen, Denmark  :)

« Reply #317 on: October 20, 2008, 12:29:50 PM »

Offline jhcelts

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
little late in joining the party i see - i was a bit wrapped up in the red sox. i'm from worcester, ma originally. spent some time in brunswick, maine, quincy, ma, irkutsk, russia, and now i live in san francisco. (i read the post about cambridge having a lot of pinko commies...cambridge has nothing on san fran in that department, i can guarentee you that)

« Reply #318 on: October 20, 2008, 12:42:16 PM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Sorry, but right now CelticsBlog doesn't provide us with any way to sort or filter members by country. The good news is that I do plan on providing us ways to do that in CB5. In the new site members will have member profiles much different from and much more extensive than what we currently have in CB4. Included in those will be some optional fields where members can provide information about what country, state/province, and probably actual geocode (location code) -- all of which we all can use to search and sort. It should make finding members by country and so on pretty easy.

I talked to Google a little over a year and a half ago about us being able to use Google geomaps to map out where members where located around the world. What I wanted to do was create a live AJAX world map that could be rotated and zoomed that would show this info. The idea was to be able to have popups for each person that would provide just a bit of information about each as well as provide links to each member profile.

At the time they told me that our membership was just too large for us to use their geomapping services for free due to the load it would put on their mapping servers. They also said though that if I would take them up on their offer of becoming a fully-sanctioned Google Developer, they would cut me a deal on the geomapping. All I had to do was send them a check for $12,000 USD once a year for the privilege. Needless to say I told them "thanks but no thanks" and graciously bowed out of the offer. I will check back with them again when I get some geocode tools in CB5 and will look for some geomapping alternatives to Google as well.

I'm probably talking way over my head here, as my education is more business oriented, but i've been developing a website for the company i'm employed with, and in my search for mapping, i came across a free site that uses google maps.  Aardvark is the name of it, and it allows for pinpointing of locations and some brief info. 

Hope the info is helpful, and not just uneducated babble...

Free > $12,000   = )

« Reply #319 on: January 06, 2009, 12:24:36 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Time to bump an old friend of mine:

Since the new CelticsBlog doesn't
have the flag feature, I thought
this thread might be relevant again.

We'll see about that  ;)

PS: I'm the Dane with the most posts
here. Sorry Dybdal  ;D

« Reply #320 on: March 02, 2009, 10:31:21 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
G'day guys!

Long time Celtics fan here from Adelaide, South Australia (hence the uncreative username!)

Have been a big Boston fan ever since the early 90s, when the NBA was at it's peak of popularity in AUS.

Have been to Boston once in October 1996, Antoine Walker had just been drafted a few months prior. Still a pipe dream of mine to visit again and see a match.

Back in the days when I first started following the NBA, the only way to stay informed of results was seeing the final scoreline in the newspaper the following day and the AU $2.95 weekly basketball newspaper that came out (it's proper name escapes me for the moment.

So much better now, with live games on TV and of course great sites such as this one!

Look forward to contributing with my view from down under. Even though for the majority of the games I'm just getting the raw stats from the Yahoo NBA site ;)
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #321 on: March 02, 2009, 10:34:24 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Welcome aboard, Adelaide Celt!

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #322 on: March 02, 2009, 11:23:48 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Mendon, MA... farm town half hour south of Boston

Should have filled everyone in...
I moved a whole one town away to Uxbridge, MA in October. This town is a mill town / farm town about 35-40 minutes away from Boston... However the time that has been added to my commute to Boston has been taken away from my commute to school (Nichols College).

« Reply #323 on: March 03, 2009, 12:45:17 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

« Reply #324 on: March 03, 2009, 02:15:11 AM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Canadian, eh! ;D

I'm from Toronto
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #325 on: March 03, 2009, 02:28:45 AM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
From Iceland but located in Wrexham at the moment.
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #326 on: March 03, 2009, 02:37:51 AM »

Offline steved24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
Originally from Cape Cod but now living and representing loudly and proudly in Los Angeles (Santa Monica), CA!!!  ;D

« Reply #327 on: March 03, 2009, 02:52:21 AM »

Offline Txusberg

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Hi everyone!
I am from the Basque Country (Spain) but I live in San Jose,CA since 2007. I read CB every day but I don't post often. I live in green since my mood changes depending on the Celtics score and I hope this summer will be as happy as 08 was for all of us. Go Celts!!

« Reply #328 on: March 03, 2009, 03:48:51 AM »

Kiorrik

I'm Dutch, from the city of Enschede, in the Netherlands ;)

*waves*

Were there any other people from Holland around?

« Reply #329 on: March 03, 2009, 04:47:50 AM »

Offline pana

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
Hi!

I was born in Greece but I now live in Budapest, Hungary. Before coming here, I went to college in upstate NY and then in Waltham, MA. Have been a New England sport's fan since I do not know when, and I was lucky enough to go to a couple of celtics games (but unfortunately before the good times that started last year). But it was good fun, I had seats almost next to the roof so I can relate to the picture on the front page :)

P.