Author Topic: Where are you from?  (Read 400168 times)

Re: Where are you from?
« Reply #300 on: July 18, 2008, 01:33:16 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
*BUMP*

« Reply #301 on: August 05, 2008, 01:04:39 AM »

Offline hollywood14

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 3
I live in Leominster, Massachusetts which is around an hour from Boston. However, come September I'll be residing in Franklin, Massachusetts as college starts. Franklin is 30 minutes from Boston and only one exit from Gillette Stadium, where the Patriots play.

Basically, it's heaven.

« Reply #302 on: August 05, 2008, 04:58:54 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Stoneham Massachusetts. 10 minutes outside of Boston.

« Reply #303 on: August 05, 2008, 06:18:18 AM »

Offline Shots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
I can't see how I've missed this topic.. but!
I'm born and raised in Denmark, living north of Copenhagen. Been a Celts fan since the dreadful year of 2004, so I'm not as oldschool as many of you..

I guess the dane-count is around 4 or 5 people now, am I right Amager Celtic Fan? :D

« Reply #304 on: August 05, 2008, 06:35:19 AM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Threw my info in here a while ago but I guess I can tack it in again since I just moved.  Originally from Cambridge, England and have lived in various places in the states (South Dakota, Mississippi, Texas, Arizona, and New York).  Just moved to Italy although the timing couldn't have been any worse (during the finals).

« Reply #305 on: August 05, 2008, 07:09:27 AM »

Offline fifas

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Well this simple question has always been one very tricky for me to answer:

- I was born in Cabinda, a little triangle of territory that currently belongs to Angola but is separate from the main area of Angola, being stuck between the two Congos.
- At the time I was born, it was still a Portuguese colony. After the independence, my family, as most of the Portuguese residents, left the country. I wasn't yet 2 years old. My family settled in Senegal (west africa) after a short transition in the french Congo. I stayed in Senegal all my childhood, between 1976 and 1989. Then I left to Paris to complete my studies.
- Finally, I return to my family's homeland, Portugal, in 1995. Since then I start working in Porto (north of Portugal and home of my beloved FC Porto - a soccer team) and then moved to Lisbon (south centre of Portugal) in 2001.

I've been following and supporting the Celtics since 1982

« Reply #306 on: August 05, 2008, 09:36:30 AM »

Offline Brazilian Celtic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Like the little flags shows im from Brazil. I was born and raised in Brasilia, the capital and federal district. Now i`m 31 old. My history with the Celtics started between 86-87 when my father returns after a trip in the US, bringing a jersey of the Celtics # 33. I was just a kid, had very little knowledge of the NBA, but the name in the back of the jersey (some dude named Bird..haha) was the great reason i instantly become a fan. I will explain. My last name is Passarinho, in portuguese means............Bird!!! Yeah!!! man, was fate. Pure and simple.     

« Reply #307 on: August 05, 2008, 10:30:54 AM »

Offline gabegreen34

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
I am from Sudan, and been big fans of celtics,sox and pats ever since.  i never feel like celtics were ever a worse team, and i used to get mad when sport expert (?) talk bad about the team. well we are the champion now and next year so on. GO CELTICS!

« Reply #308 on: August 05, 2008, 10:53:04 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
I can't see how I've missed this topic.. but!
I'm born and raised in Denmark, living north of Copenhagen. Been a Celts fan since the dreadful year of 2004, so I'm not as oldschool as many of you..

I guess the dane-count is around 4 or 5 people now, am I right Amager Celtic Fan? :D

Well, WHO are the other two?!  ;)
As far as I know, it's you, me and
Dybdal? Maybe Bob Day can help  :)

I am from Sudan, and been big fans of celtics,sox and pats ever since.  i never feel like celtics were ever a worse team, and i used to get mad when sport expert (?) talk bad about the team. well we are the champion now and next year so on. GO CELTICS!

It's nice to see someone from Sudan
here at CB. Manute was always my fave "giant".

« Reply #309 on: August 05, 2008, 12:43:24 PM »

Offline Bob Day

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • El Webmaster Romántico
Sorry, but right now CelticsBlog doesn't provide us with any way to sort or filter members by country. The good news is that I do plan on providing us ways to do that in CB5. In the new site members will have member profiles much different from and much more extensive than what we currently have in CB4. Included in those will be some optional fields where members can provide information about what country, state/province, and probably actual geocode (location code) -- all of which we all can use to search and sort. It should make finding members by country and so on pretty easy.

I talked to Google a little over a year and a half ago about us being able to use Google geomaps to map out where members where located around the world. What I wanted to do was create a live AJAX world map that could be rotated and zoomed that would show this info. The idea was to be able to have popups for each person that would provide just a bit of information about each as well as provide links to each member profile.

At the time they told me that our membership was just too large for us to use their geomapping services for free due to the load it would put on their mapping servers. They also said though that if I would take them up on their offer of becoming a fully-sanctioned Google Developer, they would cut me a deal on the geomapping. All I had to do was send them a check for $12,000 USD once a year for the privilege. Needless to say I told them "thanks but no thanks" and graciously bowed out of the offer. I will check back with them again when I get some geocode tools in CB5 and will look for some geomapping alternatives to Google as well.
Yo no soy para el delicado!

« Reply #310 on: August 05, 2008, 07:08:54 PM »

Offline Shots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39

Yeah, Dybdal is "number 3", MiniBird or something like that is around as well. I think I've seen someone else, but might be my mind playing tricks!

But sadly the "hardcore" danish fanbase is rather small, guess we have to realise that :)

« Reply #311 on: August 05, 2008, 07:37:26 PM »

Offline Bob Day

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • El Webmaster Romántico

Yeah, Dybdal is "number 3", MiniBird or something like that is around as well. I think I've seen someone else, but might be my mind playing tricks!

But sadly the "hardcore" danish fanbase is rather small, guess we have to realise that :)
Confirmed. MiniBird is connecting from Denmark.
Yo no soy para el delicado!

« Reply #312 on: August 05, 2008, 08:11:33 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I am from West Palm Beach Florida with a bunch of fair weather fans and I hate every team here except FSU football

« Reply #313 on: August 05, 2008, 08:36:16 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
Born and raised and living in Cape Cod.

« Reply #314 on: August 07, 2008, 12:16:26 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

Confirmed. MiniBird is connecting from Denmark.

I totally forgot about about MiniBird!
He's not much online, I guess.
Well, that means we're a staggering 4
Celtics fans in Denmark  ::)