Author Topic: Official NBA 2k8 Information/General 2k8 stuff Thread  (Read 43899 times)

Re: New NBA 2k8 info (must-see!)
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 12:14:00 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
2k looks cool, but i will stick with live.

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 12:49:48 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
I always enjoyed the strategic play of LIVE more than the arcady, more fast paced play of 2k.. however it seems that 2K is taking steps to mesh the two and are definatly taking steps in the right direction to making the most realistic hoops game.

I sincerely think you're getting 2k and Live confused. Live is clearly the arcade-like game, which is why I stopped playing it after 2004.

Also, for the people who said that 2k6 was better than 2k7... you guys must still have current-gen systems. On XBOX 360, which I have, NBA 2k7 was the best game I've ever played, and it blew 2k6 out of the water.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 01:07:44 PM »

Offline Marco Vincent

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 19
I always enjoyed the strategic play of LIVE more than the arcady, more fast paced play of 2k.. however it seems that 2K is taking steps to mesh the two and are definatly taking steps in the right direction to making the most realistic hoops game.

I sincerely think you're getting 2k and Live confused. Live is clearly the arcade-like game, which is why I stopped playing it after 2004.

Also, for the people who said that 2k6 was better than 2k7... you guys must still have current-gen systems. On XBOX 360, which I have, NBA 2k7 was the best game I've ever played, and it blew 2k6 out of the water.

No. I'm not confusing them at all.  Maybe cause I suck at 2k... but i felt it was really difficult to play effective D.  In live though I can D up money, and you have to really run plays to score.  I felt 2k is just run around and around till your guy can slash to the hoop or pop up a j.
New England Sports... Feel the Beastmode-ness!

-city of champions-

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 05:15:22 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS

Wow, surprised you would take Live over the clearly superior basketball sim.

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 05:18:48 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

Wow, surprised you would take Live over the clearly superior basketball sim.

i have always enjoyed live. been buying it every year since it was lakers vs celtics on sega genesis.  its ur opinion 2k is superior.  i enjoy live very much.

NBA 2k8 releases their first trailer!
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 08:25:48 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Anything is possible
Awesome, 2k8 finally released their first trailer!

http://www.gamespot.com/video/939852/6178003/nba-2k8-official-trailer-1

Some Observations
  • The crowd looks great, and I love how they are wearing actual player jerseys (notice after Baron Davis' dunk at the beginning of the video, they show the crowd, and one guy in the front row has a Monta Ellis jersey on). The atmosphere looked great, and the crowd actually got on their feet and cheered.
  • The net looks great, especially off the swish from Kobe's baseline fadeaway.
  • I liked the new ball handling moves they showed, thanks to CP3.
  • The off-ball movement and cutting looked realistic, and I like how the defense grappled trying to catch up.
  • I like the player celebration, especially AI & Melo's little high-five/kick action and the chest pound.
  • LeBron's dunk at the very end was vicious.

Finally, 2k is starting to release legitimate info.

Re: NBA 2k8 releases their first trailer!
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 08:29:54 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
That Baron Davis dunk over AK-47 was serious. Love the crowd and benches reaction to the dunk
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 08:35:12 PM by dwlefty13 »
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2007, 08:39:57 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
the net is one thing i can't stand from NBA Live. It just looks so bad.

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2007, 08:55:21 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
is it coming out only for xbox360, or will it be on regular xbox as well?

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2007, 09:03:26 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Anything is possible

Sorry to tell you, it isn't coming out for regular XBOX. It's coming out for XBOX 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, and PC. I also heard that this is the last year they will make it for all current-gen systems (which means 2k8 is the finale for PS2 as well).

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 09:05:07 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

Sorry to tell you, it isn't coming out for regular XBOX. It's coming out for XBOX 360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, and PC. I also heard that this is the last year they will make it for all current-gen systems (which means 2k8 is the finale for PS2 as well).
oh well. i was planning on getting live as my first choice, but that trailer made me think of getting both live and 2k this year.

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 09:35:41 PM »

Offline TheUndertow

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8

oh well. i was planning on getting live as my first choice, but that trailer made me think of getting both live and 2k this year.

The online league feature alone should put you in the 2k camp...EA makes minuscule advances each year and while the 2k series is far from perfect, at least their trying.

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2007, 09:38:04 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
Impressive, can't wait. Blows Live away.

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2007, 10:03:14 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Anything is possible

No. I'm not confusing them at all.  Maybe cause I suck at 2k... but i felt it was really difficult to play effective D.  In live though I can D up money, and you have to really run plays to score.  I felt 2k is just run around and around till your guy can slash to the hoop or pop up a j.

I really do find this hilarious, because it's the 100% opposite from the truth. NBA Live is clearly... I mean CLEARLY... the arcade dunk-fest. In 2k, you certainly are able to run plays effectively, and they have a very wide variety of plays to choose from. No disrespect, but you're the only person that has said that 2k is too arcade-like and that Live is realistic.

Re: Official NBA 2k8 Information Thread
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2007, 11:18:51 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I've been craving the types of feature's they're bringing. I want to play a game that's as close as it gets to real nba bball. I'm tire of blowing the Ai because i know it's basic patterns in 2k7.

VIVA THE 2K FRANCHISE!!!!