Author Topic: Fultz can shoot now but with a weird form(Video)  (Read 4070 times)

Re: Fultz can shoot now but with a weird form(Video)
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 12:48:35 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
That is still one funky looking shot. There is still a significant hitch there, and he’s clearly pushing the ball at the end of the motion.

Agree with others. That form just doesn’t bode well for shooting in traffic or off the dribble, which was supposed to be something he excelled at. And this is not even considering the mental aspect of it.

Yeah, its pretty ugly.  Feel like a 'push shot'.  He'll be fine when open and has space but when in traffic or being closed out he's going to have problems adjusting.  It's also a fairly low.  I wish him all the best.

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 12:49:15 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
That looks like Lillard’s form. It may force Fultz to change his play style (he could stop on a dime and shoot fadeaways over people with his old, higher, more slingshot-like release), but I don’t think this form will derail him, especially if it goes in. He has otherworldly smoothness and deceptive quickness. He was blowing by people last year with that broken jumper.

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 01:14:08 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
There is still a huge mental hurdle to get over for him. I’m not sure if laying off of him to help defend other guys is evil or just a good strategy. Could you imagine the mental adjustment of having opposing players and coaches not believing in you so much, that their willing to let you shoot wide open shots at any moment? Then add on the mental adjustment Fultz needs just to get back on the court.

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 01:58:24 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Similar to Curry release. Looks efficient.

I suspect he will have a good year.

You can't be serious. No it's not.

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2018, 02:41:28 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I 2nd this.  lol.  That shot form looks really really weird.  He looks like he is injured and trying to compensate for some arm / shoulder injury by pushing the ball more.  It seems low and in front of his body compared to his shot when he was in college.  I can't see that working well with live NBA defenders.

This whole story is so crazy.  His shot looked fine to me in college.  Nice high release, it was a little slow, but I thought he had good natural form coming into the nba.  When and how this trainwreck started with his shot is baffling. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 02:52:13 PM by blink »

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2018, 02:56:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
That's still a pretty funky shooting form. His arm angle appears all over the place. He is using his left hand way to much in the shot and looks like he is pushing and aiming the shot. He still has a slightly delayed hiccup while extending. His follow through isn't good and it looks like he needs a lot of time to get the shot off. I can't see that form working too well in stop and pop shots. There is simply no fluidity in that form. That said, it's still much better than the form he showed last year.

Re: Fultz (likely) still can't shoot
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2018, 03:06:10 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
What is this food on Brown's table?

Looks like something Rozier would eat.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 03:12:45 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
he's not gonna get that off.

Exactly. Curry shoots from a low angle, but the difference is that he's super quick in his release, and shoots ridiculously well off the dribble, so he's able to get it off. That is not really Futlz's game.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 05:03:10 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSw3z2YDRdQ
They are all one motion but again i think the difference of Fultz and Curry(and other normal shooter)
is Fultz can not rise his shoulder up -so the angle is always low
and he can not completely stretch his arm (when needed) -so his left hand needs to help way more and wrist has to compensate which leads to a push shot

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 05:13:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I 2nd this.  lol.  That shot form looks really really weird.  He looks like he is injured and trying to compensate for some arm / shoulder injury by pushing the ball more.  It seems low and in front of his body compared to his shot when he was in college.  I can't see that working well with live NBA defenders.

This whole story is so crazy.  His shot looked fine to me in college.  Nice high release, it was a little slow, but I thought he had good natural form coming into the nba.  When and how this trainwreck started with his shot is baffling.

I third this, perhaps it was said in jest?

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2018, 05:57:46 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Does it look like his knees collide right before the jump ? I’m not an expert but His footwork stands out to me. He looks incredibly bow legged

Check out Ray Allen footwork and form. Always has separation on his knees and same motion. He evens says it at 0:40: “for me, shooting is not about the upper body it’s about the lower body”  https://youtu.be/KKuwKwrzZIA
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 06:08:54 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2018, 07:03:54 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is going to eat a lot of leather folks.  With his fragile confidence it may be the end of him.