Author Topic: Going to my first Celts game (away) recommendation on seats  (Read 672 times)

Going to my first Celts game (away) recommendation on seats
« on: September 18, 2018, 05:07:32 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
So guys I’m going to my first Celts/NBA game in Sacramento and need some advice. I’ve narrowed my choice down to these 2 seats. I know you guys prob don’t know that arena but having been to games can maybe give me some advice.

See the 2 check marks which should I pick the one closer to the tunnel but further behind the basket? Or the one behind the visitor bench but further out? I’m so torn but need to act quickly. What y’all think? TIA

http://i68.tinypic.com/21mggoj.jpg
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: Going to my first Celts game (away) recommendation on seats
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 05:26:28 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Take a deep breath, no rush, tickets have been on sale for a month already.  Any tickets available now are likely still going to be there in a week.

Personally, I'd go with section 105 (further away), because if you sit in section 104 (closer to the tunnel) you risk having the view of the corner 3 being blocked by the backboard and/or basket support.  Also with the deadspace (baseline, tunnel, etc.) and where the action will be focused, I'm not sure the seats in 104 are actually closer.

But this might not even be an issue for you, are you buying only 1 ticket?  Pretty sure Ticketmaster won't let you buy just 1 ticket if you'll be leaving 1 seat open, which looks to be the case in Section 105.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 05:32:02 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Re: Going to my first Celts game (away) recommendation on seats
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 06:17:55 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Take a deep breath, no rush, tickets have been on sale for a month already.  Any tickets available now are likely still going to be there in a week.

Personally, I'd go with section 105 (further away), because if you sit in section 104 (closer to the tunnel) you risk having the view of the corner 3 being blocked by the backboard and/or basket support.  Also with the deadspace (baseline, tunnel, etc.) and where the action will be focused, I'm not sure the seats in 104 are actually closer.

But this might not even be an issue for you, are you buying only 1 ticket?  Pretty sure Ticketmaster won't let you buy just 1 ticket if you'll be leaving 1 seat open, which looks to be the case in Section 105.
Yup you are right it sucks but I ended up having to go with the seats in section 104. I didn’t know you couldn’t buy a single ticket with just 2 available. I’m pretty sure I could have found a better seat had I purchased when they went on sale at 10am. I was busy though and not near a computer, didn’t purchase till a few hours later.

Oh well at least I am not in the nosebleeds. I looked at the seatviewer from their website and the rim is a little obstructed but not too bad. It seems closer than the other seat to the Celts bench. Looks to be a pretty good view from that side of the floor as the basket isn’t in the way and there isn’t a lot of rows in front of you. We’ll see hopefully it’s decent. It’ll be my first game so I’m pretty pumped. Anything to keep in mind, is it best to get there super early to try and get pictures or an autograph (doubt it but with a shot)?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk