Author Topic: Which player that was your binkie/most hyped ended up being a huge bust?  (Read 4817 times)

Re: Which player that was your binkie/most hyped ended up being a huge bust?
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2018, 11:39:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
As a young kid it sometimes almost confused me why players that were awesome in college were suddenly bad in the pros. It sorta made no sense to me.

Probably most painful was Bill Curley.

Others that I thought would be all stars or at least fun

Cherokee Parks
Bryant Reeves
Ed O Bannon
Corliss Williamson
John Wallace

a guy I kinda wanted to do better was Korleon Young.  I always was more unhappy if high schoolers bombed out because I felt like they had no education and whatnot. Like Leon Smith

« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2018, 08:08:49 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It's a different game pro and college.

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2018, 08:37:41 AM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
As a young kid it sometimes almost confused me why players that were awesome in college were suddenly bad in the pros. It sorta made no sense to me.
This was the 1st reason that's kept me from enjoying college sports. I asked my parents what happened to Tyus Edney for half of 1996. I'd ask, Do you think anyone remembers knows good Christian Laettner was?
For me college football has too much scoring, college basketball doesn't have enough, but college lacrosse seems to have it right... I dunno how I feel about breaking into College hockey...
Since Edney, I'd say Shabazz Napier and Doug McDermott are two dudes I rooted for.
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy