Author Topic: Memphis pick..  (Read 2339 times)

Memphis pick..
« on: September 15, 2018, 02:41:24 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
How good is Memphis... ? If we say warriors rockets thunder lakers wolves spurs are a lock for playoffs you got teams like portland denver clippers memphis new orleans utah and dallas fighting for 2 spots.. ( kings and suns have no chance) and i think utah pelicans blazers are better than memphis... can we get pick 9 or 10?

Re: Memphis pick..
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 03:30:17 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I consider Utah, Pels, Den, and Portland as all locks to be better than Memphis
#JKJB

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 04:00:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think Memphis could be around the 10th pick. I see no way they make the playoffs. Thing is, I can easily see Memphis tanking hard to get into the bottom 8 if things don't go well the first 40 games or so. That way they keep the pick this year and the Memphis pick becomes a top 6 protected pick in 2020

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 04:21:39 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
How good is Memphis... ? If we say warriors rockets thunder lakers wolves spurs are a lock for playoffs you got teams like portland denver clippers memphis new orleans utah and dallas fighting for 2 spots.. ( kings and suns have no chance) and i think utah pelicans blazers are better than memphis... can we get pick 9 or 10?
if Gasol and Conley are both healthy and their teammates play to expectations, they'd still likely miss the playoffs but not by a lot.  Unless they go full tankathon to try to keep the pick this year, I think it'll convey somewhere around 10-12.  wouldn't mind it though if it did carry over another year or two with the Sac and C's pick both coming this year.  Clips pick could possibly convey as well but not holding my breath that they make the playoffs (to make it convey).

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 04:25:39 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think Memphis could be around the 10th pick. I see no way they make the playoffs. Thing is, I can easily see Memphis tanking hard to get into the bottom 8 if things don't go well the first 40 games or so. That way they keep the pick this year and the Memphis pick becomes a top 6 protected pick in 2020

I could see them doing it, but that seems like a really bad move given the age of their roster and Memphis' lack of appeal to potential free agents. I would be more than happy if they kept 'tanking' the next couple of years to finally reveal a REALLY good pick. I'd rather not have the SAC pick and MEM pick (along with Clips and their own) next year anyway.

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 04:28:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I could see them doing it, but that seems like a really bad move given the age of their roster and Memphis' lack of appeal to potential free agents. I would be more than happy if they kept 'tanking' the next couple of years to finally reveal a REALLY good pick. I'd rather not have the SAC pick and MEM pick (along with Clips and their own) next year anyway.
Yeah, I would have no problem with Memphis tanking or blowing it up. That 2021 unprotected pick could be extremely valuable

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 04:40:21 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
my question is, how good is J.B. Bickerstaff?  :o

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 01:56:08 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I think we will have a better sense of where memphis is headed if they start trading away Gasol and conley for young players. Kinda foolish to keep high dollar veterans if there if not even playoffs possible. That possibility could put them at rock bottom in the next year or two.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 05:40:24 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I think we will have a better sense of where memphis is headed if they start trading away Gasol and conley for young players. Kinda foolish to keep high dollar veterans if there if not even playoffs possible. That possibility could put them at rock bottom in the next year or two.

It's hard to say in a market like Memphis. If the goal is making money (which it probably is), then keeping Gasol and Conley is important for selling tickets
I'm bitter.

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 09:27:31 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I don't know how anyone can say the Lakers and Wolves are locks to make the playoffs. I think they'll be fighting with Denver for that last playoff spot.

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 10:03:31 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I don't know how anyone can say the Lakers and Wolves are locks to make the playoffs. I think they'll be fighting with Denver for that last playoff spot.
The Lakers are locks.  Lebron drags every team he's on to the finals.  It's a no brainer that the Lakers are a playoff team.  They could potentially be the 3rd best team in the west.  Maybe even the 2nd best if Chris Paul or James Harden get hurt.