Author Topic: Jabari Bird arrested  (Read 46208 times)

Re: Jabari Bird arrested
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2018, 01:34:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
It doesn’t look good and I suspect he’ll be cut.

nope team should not

counselling or treatment program etc

1 chance though. 

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2018, 01:56:20 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

nope team should not

1 chance though.
So if the initial reports are true that he assaulted and strangled a woman, you think he should remain a Celtic and just get some treatment? 

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2018, 01:56:24 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Wow, talk about a rush to judgment.

Can we wait until the facts come in before cutting him?

He's been arrested and there would be probable cause to do so. In addition, not only was strangulation one of the allegations, but the female sustained injuries significant enough to be treated at a hospital. Not sure what facts do you think would could out that will exonerate him. Once more details are released via arrest form I would wager that it will make Bird look even worse.

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2018, 01:57:20 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

nope team should not

1 chance though.
So if the initial reports are true that he assaulted and strangled a woman, you think he should remain a Celtic and just get some treatment?

Yeah, not a well thought out comment.

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2018, 01:58:07 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be

He's been arrested and there would be probable cause to do so. In addition, not only was strangulation one of the allegations, but the female sustained injuries significant enough to be treated at a hospital. Not sure what facts do you think would could out that will exonerate him. Once more details are released via arrest form I would wager that it will make Bird look even worse.

Yeah, I'm having trouble seeing Bird coming out of this clean & it all being chalked up to some sort of a simple misunderstanding. 

Innocent until proven guilty but the stuff that's come out so far don't look promising in Bird's favor.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2018, 02:10:55 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51

Yeah, I'm having trouble seeing Bird coming out of this clean & it all being chalked up to some sort of a simple misunderstanding. 

Innocent until proven guilty but the stuff that's come out so far don't look promising in Bird's favor.

I mean, I suppose best-case scenario would be something like Bird has a previously-diagnosed mental health condition and either there was a change in his medication or something interacted with his medication in a negative way. Assuming the other person isn't hurt too badly (and I have no information on which to base that assumption) I could see the team giving him some time to focus on getting right with his doctor and letting him come back in a few weeks with the equivalent of a doctor's note if that were the case, particularly given the league's recent focus on mental health.

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2018, 02:46:31 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

so everyone who’s ever been arrested was guilty of a crime ? That’s not true

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2018, 02:58:29 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Nobody said that. What they said is, from the facts that we do know so far, it doesn't look good at all for Jabari.

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2018, 03:07:32 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Waiting to hear the full story until I pass judgment.

TP for talking like a grown up.

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2018, 03:34:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Let’s say he’s waived... who should we sign? I guess an open roster spot isn’t the worst thing in the world for waiver wire veterans

It just sucks. He could've had a great career here. He could shoot and dunk. His name was Bird.

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2018, 03:37:34 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Jaylen brown tweeted 5 hours ago and deleted it

https://twitter.com/FCHWPO/status/1038368745540988929

It was “smh” and a face palm emoji

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2018, 03:39:51 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Nobody said that. What they said is, from the facts that we do know so far, it doesn't look good at all for Jabari.
why was Jason kidd allowed to keep playing after he beat his wife and the DUI?

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2018, 03:44:57 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be

Because he was Jason Kidd.  Not the 14th/15th player on a roster. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2018, 03:47:19 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

isnt that a double standard ? Teams and fans look the other way at crimes if one criminal bounces a ball better than another criminal.

You can’t condemn a person like Jabari bird and then look the other way at Jason Kidd. It’s hypocrisy right

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2018, 03:48:23 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

isnt that a double standard ? Teams and fans look the other way at crimes if one criminal bounces a ball better than another criminal.

It also was another age and another time. Jason would not get away with that at this time.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 04:07:38 PM by Ogaju »