Author Topic: Jabari Bird arrested  (Read 46200 times)

Re: Jabari Bird arrested
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2018, 09:51:44 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Very disappointed.

Was a big fan.

Was in a great situation here, blessed with a great coaching staff, organization, teammates and fans, with his buddy Jaylen there to guide him.

It eludes me how some of these athletes who have the world by the balls compared to 99% of the population just fritter it away.

Sad for him....liked the kid.

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2018, 09:52:54 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Well that was a pretty short Celtics career. Worst of luck if guilty

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2018, 10:01:56 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Pathetic how many media members wrote puff pieces on this fringe roster guy while writing endless stories about RW3 losing his wallet or missing a media call ::)

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2018, 10:13:50 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Any ramifications on the salary cap for dumping him?

The first year of his contract is guaranteed, so unless we trade him, we’re stuck paying him and will have his salary count against the cap / luxury tax.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2018, 10:16:35 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Idiot!! Dont care who u are, u never hit a woman or kid!! If he did do it, release him!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2018, 10:18:54 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
One thing to have an argument and it is a completely different to kidnap and strangle someone..yikes.

Hope he gets the help he needs. Mental Health issues are no joke- especially if bipolar or something else that has psychotic tendencies.

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2018, 10:26:52 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Idiot!! Dont care who u are, u never hit a woman or kid!! If he did do it, release him!!!
What if Tatum did it - would you be saying the same thing?  My point is we only really know these guys from the few hours a week we see them on the court.  Off the court...let's just say having a specific set of skills that can make you lots of money doesn't necessarily mean you're a good guy to boot. 

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2018, 10:28:52 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
What if Tatum did it - would you be saying the same thing?

Yes. If he did what he's accused of, there should be zero tolerance for that, unless he has legitimate mental health issues that he needs to get help for.

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2018, 10:40:47 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

The first year of his contract is guaranteed, so unless we trade him, we’re stuck paying him and will have his salary count against the cap / luxury tax.

Unless there is verbiage built in allowing them to void the contract. 

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2018, 10:46:18 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
What if Tatum did it - would you be saying the same thing?  My point is we only really know these guys from the few hours a week we see them on the court.  Off the court...let's just say having a specific set of skills that can make you lots of money doesn't necessarily mean you're a good guy to boot.
I would be satisfied in both cases if they had to pay a hefty fine (based on percent of salary) to women's shelters, had to publicly state that all violence against women and others is wrong, and had to attend extensive counseling.

I wouldn't mind if all NBA contracts had language about 2 strikes you're out of the league for a year without pay, then permanently and whatnot.

And there should be incentives for teams and players to get themselves in counseling BEFORE they get arrested.

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2018, 10:57:59 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Assault, stangle, kidnap.

Talk about a trifecta. Either dude has some serious mental problems or he was completely whacked out on something.

Sad because he had a glorious opportunity here. Will certainly be interesting to see the details of this.

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2018, 11:02:00 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

He could have been part of a package to get under the tax that returned a future pick or something.

Now they'll have to send out his salary in cash plus a second to get rid of him.

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2018, 11:21:24 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Assault, stangle, kidnap.

Talk about a trifecta. Either dude has some serious mental problems or he was completely whacked out on something.

Sad because he had a glorious opportunity here. Will certainly be interesting to see the details of this.
Assault could be any sort of physical contact including pushing or grabbing.  They can charge kidnapping if she accused him of preventing her from leaving.   Strangulation is the unusual  charge and hard to think of a reasonable explanation that would minimize it. 

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2018, 11:24:12 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

He could have been part of a package to get under the tax that returned a future pick or something.

Now they'll have to send out his salary in cash plus a second to get rid of him.
I'd be surprised if any team would trade for him.  The PR would be really bad. 

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2018, 11:28:16 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
We never should have given him the roster spot in the first place. Scrubs shouldn’t be bringing the team bad publicity.
are you saying that somehow the celtics management should have foreseen this? otherwise, i am not sure of your opening statement.

next, if the charges by the police are accurate, bird is in big trouble, as he should be.

but it is still early and the reports are not set in place. i wont rush to judgement and will wait to see more.

i hope the charges are not accurate. but if they are, jail time for bird might result.

too bad. i really thought he had a chance to do well with the celtics. and now he may have frittered away his biggest chance in his life.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva