Author Topic: Celtics depth chart / lineup questions (merged)  (Read 21705 times)

Re: Celtics depth chart/linup questions (merged)
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 10:39:46 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
weve got a good depth chart, i just hope doc spreads the rest time around and keep the legs fresh. That is really going to be a key issue.

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 11:11:43 AM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
most great teams have a 8 or 9 man rotation. I think we have more depth than most with our 6-12 players, but 6-9 might be slightly behind that of phoenix or the spurs.

our 6-9:
Posey
TA (if healthy)
House
Pollard

If we stay healthy, IMO we can compete against anyone.

Phoenix 6-9:
Barbosa
Bell
Hill
Diaw
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2007, 11:33:47 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
most great teams have a 8 or 9 man rotation. I think we have more depth than most with our 6-12 players, but 6-9 might be slightly behind that of phoenix or the spurs.

our 6-9:
Posey
TA (if healthy)
House
Pollard

Phoenix 6-9:
Barbosa
Bell
Hill
Diaw

If they are 6-9 players who is starting for Phoenix? You got Amame, Marion, Nash. Who are the other two? Wow Alando Tucker and DJ Strawberry made the starting lineup those guys must be good. Maybe Marcus Banks?

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2007, 12:28:57 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Rondolope

our 6-9:
Posey
TA (if healthy)
House
Pollard

Phoenix 6-9:
Barbosa
Bell
Hill
Diaw

If they are 6-9 players who is starting for Phoenix? You got Amame, Marion, Nash. Who are the other two? Wow Alando Tucker and DJ Strawberry made the starting lineup those guys must be good. Maybe Marcus Banks?

yeah... lol... i forgot about the other two starters, which will most likely be Bell and Hill. Phoenix always uses about an 8 man rotation in big games. They dont have too much depth but 1-8 they are probably the best in the league.

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2007, 12:34:11 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

our 6-9:
Posey
TA (if healthy)
House
Pollard

Phoenix 6-9:
Barbosa
Bell
Hill
Diaw

yeah... lol... i forgot about the other two starters, which will most likely be Bell and Hill. Phoenix always uses about an 8 man rotation in big games. They dont have too much depth but 1-8 they are probably the best in the league.
Just imagine how good that 8 man rotation would have been with Kurt Thomas still there. Or PJ Brown. I think D'Antoni needs to find a 9th man to trust a little, he seems to like the two rooks and with that Hawks pick next year ....

As for best depth I rate us around the bottom 5 NBA teams for roster behind the starters. (haven't really thought that comment through but somewhere down there by first guess I would think they are)

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2007, 12:43:34 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Rondolope

our 6-9:
Posey
TA (if healthy)
House
Pollard

Phoenix 6-9:
Barbosa
Bell
Hill
Diaw

Just imagine how good that 8 man rotation would have been with Kurt Thomas still there. Or PJ Brown. I think D'Antoni needs to find a 9th man to trust a little, he seems to like the two rooks and with that Hawks pick next year ....

As for best depth I rate us around the bottom 5 NBA teams for roster behind the starters. (haven't really thought that comment through but somewhere down there by first guess I would think they are)

A healthy TA and Posey could be starters on almost any team in the league.

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2007, 12:54:23 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

our 6-9:
Posey
TA (if healthy)
House
Pollard

Phoenix 6-9:
Barbosa
Bell
Hill
Diaw

A healthy TA and Posey could be starters on almost any team in the league.
If TA's comes back healthy and is able to produce what he did over that last month throughout a season sure he could start on a lot of teams. Posey not so much, some teams. And behind them anyone start on any team? anyone more than 9th man in other teams?

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2007, 11:11:15 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I reckon we'll go 9 deep due to the lack of a clear cut interior presence of the bench.

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2007, 02:35:48 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Here's my version of the depth chart:

PG: Rondo 34 mins, R. Allen 6 mins, Pruitt 4 mins, House 4 mins
SG: R. Allen 28 mins, T. Allen 14 mins,  House 6 mins
SF: Pierce 34 mins, Posey 14 mins
PF: Garnett 30 mins, Powe 10 mins, Davis 4 mins,  Posey 4 mins
C: Perkins 28 mins, Pollard 10 mins, Garnett 5 mins, Davis 5 mins

Total
Kevin Garnett: 35 minutes
Paul Pierce: 34 minutes
Ray Allen: 34 minutes
Rajon Rondo: 34 minutes
Kendrick Perkins 28 minutes
James Posey 18 minutes
Tony Allen 14 minutes
Eddie House 10 minutes
Scott Pollard 10 minutes
Leon Powe 10 minutes
Glen Davis 9 minutes
Gabe Pruitt 4 minutes
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2007, 11:29:54 PM »

Offline LEAHYISGOD

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 101
pg-rondo
sg-ray allen
sf- pierce
pf-kg
C-Perkins

although i can see rivers going with pollard at center starting for some games... and probable scalabrini at point guard knowing him

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2007, 05:23:38 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
pg-rondo
sg-ray allen
sf- pierce
pf-kg
C-Perkins

although i can see rivers going with pollard at center starting for some games... and probable scalabrini at point guard knowing him

Never underestimate the versatility of the smartest man in Pro B.K.B.  ;D
Mr manboobs himself
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2007, 08:28:17 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
If SA can start Francisco Elson and win a championship I think it's safe to say our depth barring injuries matches up with just about anyone.

Re: Celtics depth chart / lineup questions (merged)
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2007, 09:07:02 AM »

Offline EBP7

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
  • Via Peddle [to the metal]
One thing i am a bit concerned about is the SG position.
TA of course has had injuries, and i hopefully expect him to come back as the #2 SG in the depth chart, which is a lot to ask. He may not even be healthy. If TA comes back, the thing that scares me is that Ray Allen, although showing no signs of injuries, has carried a lot of miles on to those pesky ankles of his. And of course, we all know Tony Allen's issues. So what if they both get injuryed? We would probably have to rely on House and Pruit to temporally take the #1 and #2 in the depth chart position for SG, which is not exactly as great as a Ray Allen at #1 and TA at #2 in the depth chart. I don't think it will happen, because i think TA will start as #3 at SG, and maybe get some playing time at PG if they have a large lead against a team.
"Don't quote me on this, but I never liked Red."
Quoted, and shunned upon.

"You know with basketball, it's nice, cool, jazz. Not hardcore rock. It's nice, nice.

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2007, 07:21:32 PM »

Offline 4everGreen

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
I think you have to figure Scal gets some time.  Plus, you have a 12 player rotation, which is unlikely.

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2007, 07:40:18 PM »

Offline EBP7

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
  • Via Peddle [to the metal]
I think you have to figure Scal gets some time.

I agree. Scal is just the workhorse, he does the little stuff right and he really helps the team.
"Don't quote me on this, but I never liked Red."
Quoted, and shunned upon.

"You know with basketball, it's nice, cool, jazz. Not hardcore rock. It's nice, nice.