Author Topic: Woj: Kawhi still prefers going to LA next season. Lol raptor fans  (Read 6061 times)

Re: Woj: Kawhi still prefers going to LA next season. Lol raptor fans
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2018, 01:14:30 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Every big name is apparently going there.
Even when they actually don't.
In the last 10 years, out of many (LMA, PG13, CP, Dwight, prime Melo, oh and Kawhi too...) big names that were rumored to go there or stay there, only one, LeBron did.

Fans read too much into these slow day reports, putting words in Kawhis mouth even though journalists make these up and Kawhi being silent as a woman fart.

Yeah but the Kawhi one looks real. He's really pushing it.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 01:34:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I would say close to zero chance he will stay in Toronto- Call me crazy but a choice between cold winters and higher taxes vs Sunshine and the Ocean...I know which I am choosing most of the time. He wants to be in the spotlight, Toronto no matter how competitive they will be will never have a big enough spotlight for his ego. Ego will follow the stars and light....Toronto does not offer that for him.
You do realize that Toronto is the 6th largest market in the NBA.  It is a growing thriving international city.  It is an absolutely incredible place to live with a lot to do.  Sure it is colder than most of the other NBA cities, but it isn't so much colder than about half the markets in the league (including Boston) that you would eliminate it as a place to live.
Yeah, Toronto is just as cold as Milwaukee, Chicago, Indianapolis, Detroit, Cleveland, Boston, New York and Brooklyn in the winter. The only reason most of those cities have for not attracting big time free agents is they have mostly sucked over the last decade or so. Even then, Lebron went home to Cleveland and Boston signed both Horford and Haywood.

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2018, 02:32:19 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Didn't Oklahoma make the same mistake at this point last year with George?

Sometimes, teams just have to take a chance with a star. 

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2018, 02:33:55 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Toronto needs to trade him to LA or lose him for nothing and set that franchise back for a long time

Why would LA trade much of anything for Kawhi? I think they know they're not winning this year, and can acquire him next year as a FA.

It will be a poor basketball decision to trade actual value for Kawhi this season.

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2018, 02:50:07 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I would say close to zero chance he will stay in Toronto- Call me crazy but a choice between cold winters and higher taxes vs Sunshine and the Ocean...I know which I am choosing most of the time. He wants to be in the spotlight, Toronto no matter how competitive they will be will never have a big enough spotlight for his ego. Ego will follow the stars and light....Toronto does not offer that for him.
You do realize that Toronto is the 6th largest market in the NBA.  It is a growing thriving international city.  It is an absolutely incredible place to live with a lot to do.  Sure it is colder than most of the other NBA cities, but it isn't so much colder than about half the markets in the league (including Boston) that you would eliminate it as a place to live.

You do realize that TOR is nothing like LA, right? According to the "people in the know", Kawhi wants to go to LA.

TOR is a nice place, but it is not similar to LA.

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2018, 02:53:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

You do realize that TOR is nothing like LA, right? According to the "people in the know", Kawhi wants to go to LA.

TOR is a nice place, but it is not similar to LA.
But the reason Kawhi wants to go to LA is its home, not because LA is better than Toronto or has better weather.

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2018, 03:29:40 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477

It is also a nicer city than Los Angeles.

I was just in LA for the third time a few weeks ago and it is turning into a dump. Full of homeless people and junkies. It is noticeably more shady than a few years ago when i last went.

The people in Toronto are nicer, the city is cleaner and much safer.

Yeah, it gets cold... that's what fleece-lined pants are for. And Torontoans love the winter, and their cheerfulness is infectious.

I won't be surprised if Kawhi stays. Especially if he acquires the adoration of the entire country, which he well might. DeRozan was another LA guy and he loved it there once he actually lived there.

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2018, 10:43:24 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987

I was just in LA for the third time a few weeks ago and it is turning into a dump. Full of homeless people and junkies. It is noticeably more shady than a few years ago when i last went.

Yeah, it gets cold... that's what fleece-lined pants are for. And Torontoans love the winter, and their cheerfulness is infectious.

I won't be surprised if Kawhi stays. Especially if he acquires the adoration of the entire country, which he well might. DeRozan was another LA guy and he loved it there once he actually lived there.

I live in LA. Aside from dealing with Lakers fans on almost a daily basis, don't come here or don't ever move here PLEASE. We're overpopulated in this city. The horrible traffic should be the obvious red-light. And yes, there are lots of junkies and homeless people (depending on what part of town and such). California's got the most expensive gasoline prices in the country.

Visited Toronto (and Boston and parts of the east coast) 4 years ago. Love the city. Great people, great weather, great environment. I would kill to have snow (or even rain) in LA. Instead we get these high-90s or triple-digit heats here about 75% of the year. And ya know what that means? Overpopulated beaches and sharing the beach with the crowd. eeeeuck.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2018, 11:21:29 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I live in LA, I have visited Toronto. LA is a better city.

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2018, 12:39:31 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I live in LA, I have visited Toronto. LA is a better city.
I have visited both, and liked Toronto quite a bit more. Really just personal preference.

But considering Kawhi grew up in LA, not surprising that he has an affinity for it
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2018, 07:20:29 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Bold prediction: he'll stay in Toronto.

hard to say for certain.  If he has a change of heart and they win the east .  Lebron is getting up in age by next year .   Still will be easier to make the finals from the east .   Lebron is still going to have to play as hard as ever or harder to make the finals .   

Even if he leaves it will take two years more before LAkers can get use to one another and be a challenge to GS .   Lebron will be old by then. 

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2018, 07:34:32 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

hard to say for certain.  If he has a change of heart and they win the east .  Lebron is getting up in age by next year .   Still will be easier to make the finals from the east .   Lebron is still going to have to play as hard as ever or harder to make the finals .   

Even if he leaves it will take two years more before LAkers can get use to one another and be a challenge to GS .   Lebron will be old by then.

It looks like KL is more after the $$$ than finals

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2018, 02:28:08 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

It looks like KL is more after the $$$ than finals

Sure seems that way! Makes sense with him winning a ring so early in his career.

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2018, 03:09:21 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477

I live in LA. Aside from dealing with Lakers fans on almost a daily basis, don't come here or don't ever move here PLEASE. We're overpopulated in this city. The horrible traffic should be the obvious red-light. And yes, there are lots of junkies and homeless people (depending on what part of town and such). California's got the most expensive gasoline prices in the country.

Visited Toronto (and Boston and parts of the east coast) 4 years ago. Love the city. Great people, great weather, great environment. I would kill to have snow (or even rain) in LA. Instead we get these high-90s or triple-digit heats here about 75% of the year. And ya know what that means? Overpopulated beaches and sharing the beach with the crowd. eeeeuck.

Yeah, the traffic is truly insane. It makes it kind of depressing going anywhere. It cost me $40 on an hour and a half drive to get an Uber from LAX to our Airbnb last time I was there. I felt so bad for the driver I tipped him an extra twenty bucks.

That last trip really soured me on the city. The lack of decent public transportation is criminal.

And you're right, the heat does get to you after a while. The pavement and concrete just sort of suck it up and it never fully relents. It's not intolerable but it does get pretty annoying. And the last couple places I've stayed there it seems like the AC is not fully capable of keeping up with it.

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2018, 10:19:43 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I read an article this morning that Kawhi has "an open mind" about Toronto....hahahaha.