Celtics Basketball > Celtics Talk

Why Jaylen Brown is a Future Superstar (video)

(1/5) > >>

Big333223:
By Any Means Basketball did a video on Jaylen Brown, focusing on just how versatile of a scorer he is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thSha52xjk0

And, in case you missed it, they did already do one on Tatum:

https://youtu.be/rJjs9VbkwTQ

I can't wait to see what these guys look like this season and, hopefully, for the next decade.

DefenseWinsChamps:
Thanks for sharing. I think Brown's skills are a bit underrated. He is an amazing athlete, but he does have pretty good handle, vision, shooting, and moves.

liam:

--- Quote from: DefenseWinsChamps on August 20, 2018, 12:47:34 PM ---Thanks for sharing. I think Brown's skills are a bit underrated. He is an amazing athlete, but he does have pretty good handle, vision, shooting, and moves.

--- End quote ---

Jaylen is also an excellent two way player and has a top notch work ethic. I love that kid. He was also playing through injury throughout the playoffs.

Big333223:

--- Quote from: DefenseWinsChamps on August 20, 2018, 12:47:34 PM ---Thanks for sharing. I think Brown's skills are a bit underrated. He is an amazing athlete, but he does have pretty good handle, vision, shooting, and moves.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, his handle isn't great but it's become an underrated part of his game, I think, because where he's actually lacking is in reading a defender. He's getting better at that too but often when he loses the ball its because of a decisions he's made, not his handle.

ManUp:

--- Quote from: Big333223 on August 20, 2018, 03:31:35 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Yeah, his handle isn't great but it's become an underrated part of his game, I think, because where he's actually lacking is in reading a defender. He's getting better at that too but often when he loses the ball its because of a decisions he's made, not his handle.

--- End quote ---

In the half-court Jaylen doesn't have enough shake to get by a quality defender unless they're already off balance (rotating/closing out). He gets in trouble when he tries to do too much. You can tell Brad has drilled in shoot, drive, or kick and it's working wonders. He's only 21 so he has plenty of time to work on his half-court isolation play. As of right now he's excellent at his role and only going to be better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version