Author Topic: Pats 1st round pick Wynn lost for season...Achilles tear  (Read 3542 times)

Pats 1st round pick Wynn lost for season...Achilles tear
« on: August 17, 2018, 12:44:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Re: Pats 1st round pick Wynn lost for season...Achilles tear
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 12:57:36 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
[dang], that’s some awful luck for that kid. Achilles tear as a rookie is brutal

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 01:33:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
[dang], that’s some awful luck for that kid. Achilles tear as a rookie is brutal
Given his position and the importance of the feet being set, I can't help wondering if this could be career threatening.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 01:49:36 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532
This and their other first round pick - who has a history of knee problems - has already missed 2 weeks due to...knee problems.  Ugh.  Injuries are right there with talent and coaching in determining an NFL team's success. 

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 04:35:18 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
This sucks, especially after last year's top pick (Rivers) missed all of last season with an injury, and Easley ended up injured, and Hightower, and Edelman ... does it ever end?

I'm so tired of major injuries with the Patriots. How does this stuff happen so often?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 05:41:52 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Had a bad feeling about both first round picks staying healthy...

They should still be okay but they may need to trade for another OL men

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 06:38:26 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Had a bad feeling about both first round picks staying healthy...

They should still be okay but they may need to trade for another OL men

Totally stinks that the season hasn't even started and they're already shorthanded.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 07:57:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
This sucks, especially after last year's top pick (Rivers) missed all of last season with an injury, and Easley ended up injured, and Hightower, and Edelman ... does it ever end?

I'm so tired of major injuries with the Patriots. How does this stuff happen so often?

Frequently drafting guys at the end of the 1st round who fell there because of injury problems can tend to result in this sort of thing.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 10:36:29 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Frequently drafting guys at the end of the 1st round who fell there because of injury problems can tend to result in this sort of thing.

True enough. Maybe they should stop looking for bargains in the lost-and-found bin.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2018, 11:50:22 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Georgia fan here.  Really tough break.  I think highly of Wynn and if he heals up he could be a good player for the Patriots.  Hope he can recover.

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 02:04:00 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

True enough. Maybe they should stop looking for bargains in the lost-and-found bin.

Well some times they pan out. Gronkowski fell into second round bc of concerns over his back. He’s been a huge steal.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2018, 02:18:40 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Isaiah Wynn was something of a blue chip prospect with 0 injury concerns.

also, bill isn't exactly choosing to play with limited resources. He cashed in 2 first round picks this year. That's NOT the bargain bin.

Also everyone deals with injuries. It's the nature of the game.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 02:30:46 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Perhaps the next Ras-I-Dowling  :(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 02:07:10 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Well some times they pan out. Gronkowski fell into second round bc of concerns over his back. He’s been a huge steal.

Sure, and in one sense Gronk makes up for every failed pick in Belichick's career. But it just seems like you're asking for disappointment when you consistently go after guys who fell in the draft because of injuries.

Isaiah Wynn was something of a blue chip prospect with 0 injury concerns.

also, bill isn't exactly choosing to play with limited resources. He cashed in 2 first round picks this year. That's NOT the bargain bin.

Also everyone deals with injuries. It's the nature of the game.

True. Just seems to me that the Patriots get hit with major injuries a little more often than most teams (though it probably just appears that way to me because I'm a Patriots fan).

— C.S. Lewis