Author Topic: Q Anon unmasked  (Read 1890 times)

Re: Q Anon unmasked
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2018, 10:34:27 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm not trying to mock anybody here but can you imagine trying to explain believing this stuff to like your kids or grandkids 20 years down the line?  "Yes, they were posting on 4Chan, I thought they were secret agents. Yeah a bunch of people had already done the exact same shtick there but I was positive this time was legit. I was really sure for a few years that there was a massive military-backed purge of society underway, tens of thousands of major public figures getting arrested and charged, but all totally in secret. They decided the best way to reveal the horrible truth was having a bunch of online people do like a scavenger hunt." It just boggles the mind.

Also, isn't a Q clearance mostly about nuke info? Has the account ever posted anything that would be related to that?

I'm just worried that 20 years from now, the actual news will be completely gone and conspiracy theories will be so pervasive that QAnon sounds sane.

Mike

If "Q" is that same prick from Star Trek, it's probably already happening somewhere in the future. ;) ;D

Totally off-topic:  But man, wasn't John d Lancie (the actor who played Q) just plain brilliant at playing an annoying jerk?

He was.  I also saw him on Murder, She Wrote once.  (I think he did it, but I donít remember if I just attributed it to him because obviously Q must be responsible.)

Ugh at Murder, She Wrote, and I agree re: Q, with the worst part about his character being, imo, that he was not confined to one installment in the series. Like, TNG is okay, at best, in my view, but as someone as to who grew up watching Voyager, whenever the guy kept popping in and out of the show I was just like, "Go away, already." #StayInYourLane ;D

Re: Q Anon unmasked
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2018, 10:40:53 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm not trying to mock anybody here but can you imagine trying to explain believing this stuff to like your kids or grandkids 20 years down the line?  "Yes, they were posting on 4Chan, I thought they were secret agents. Yeah a bunch of people had already done the exact same shtick there but I was positive this time was legit. I was really sure for a few years that there was a massive military-backed purge of society underway, tens of thousands of major public figures getting arrested and charged, but all totally in secret. They decided the best way to reveal the horrible truth was having a bunch of online people do like a scavenger hunt." It just boggles the mind.

Also, isn't a Q clearance mostly about nuke info? Has the account ever posted anything that would be related to that?

I'm just worried that 20 years from now, the actual news will be completely gone and conspiracy theories will be so pervasive that QAnon sounds sane.

Mike

If "Q" is that same prick from Star Trek, it's probably already happening somewhere in the future. ;) ;D

Totally off-topic:  But man, wasn't John d Lancie (the actor who played Q) just plain brilliant at playing an annoying jerk?
When I was in college, it became a sort of weird obsession to come back from classes and watch the soap opera, Days of Our Lives in the common room. There would be like 30 kids, girls and guys watching it. John D Lancie played an antagonist on the show. A real dink. He was brilliant in the role. When I saw him on Star Trek I thought for sure he would break through big time as a villian somewhere but it never happened.

Okay. Sorry. That's off topic but just needed to share. Back to crazy far right wing conspiracy theorists

Really? Perhaps it was just his character, but I always felt that the guy was just too much of a whiner, lol, making him the perfect actor, by default, to play Trump down the road, ahahaha ;D.

Lol at Days of Our Lives, btw. My grandma religiously watched The Young and the Breastless and The Bold and the Stupid, as my mom still refers to them ;D, which, even as a little kid, I could simply never understand, as the acting is ATROCIOUS, lol. ;D

Okay, I'm done, now. ;D