Author Topic: FBI Agent Peter Strzok Fired from the FBI-Proof of Corruption?  (Read 1869 times)

Re: FBI Agent Peter Strzok Fired from the FBI-Proof of Corruption?
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2018, 05:19:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27661
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Does anyone really believe that one person not in the most powerful position in the FBI could effect an entire election? Doesn't Comey's decision(Comey being at the time the FBI director)to make a statement about the Clinton investigation just days before the election show that there was zero way for Strzok to effect an election since the FBI director made a decision that can be argued hurt Clinton tremendously right before the election, and helped Trump get elected?

Second, in Strzok's text he said, paraphrasing here, we won't let it happen. Why is the assumption that we meant the FBI or some deep state, anti-Trump group? Doesn't it make more sense that he meant democrats?

1.  I think this is why the IG probably used the term "willingness".  Is it any worse if Strozk was willing to throw the election but couldn't do so, versus if he could?  The moral calculus is the same.  It doesn't really matter if he had the actual power; it's the intent.

But, the answer is I don't know.  Clinton blames Comey for her loss; it's possible that hundreds of thousands of people changed their minds based upon the "Crooked Hillary" narrative.  Similarly, it's possible that the Trump / Russia connection, either in 2016, 2018, or 2020, can have a significant impact on the electoral process.  And, remember, it was Strozk that changed the Clinton recommendation from "grossly negligent" (illegal) to "extremely careless" (not illegal).  A Clinton indictment under the criminal standard certainly would have hurt her electoral chances; changing the wording to non-criminal helped her instead.

Think of it this way:  a lot of people feel that Trump is obstructing justice, trying to shape the investigation from the outside.  Strozk was potentially shaping the investigation from the inside.  That's dirty, and the guy shouldn't be an FBI agent.

2.  It's open to interpretation, but I think the IG thought there was more to it than "America will never let that happen" or "Democrats will stop it".  There are other concerning texts, as well, including one from Lisa Page that said (paraphrasing) "Clinton could be our new boss soon, so are you sure you we should be digging into this?" 

"She might be our next president. The last thing you need us going in there loaded for bear," Page, an FBI attorney, said in a discussion on February 25, 2016, about personnel involved in the investigation. "You think she's going to remember or care that it was more doj than fbi?"

"Agreed," replied Strzok, who was romantically involved with Page, and who led the probe as the former No. 2 counterintelligence official at the bureau.

That one is more self-interest career-wise than it is partisan bias, but it's the same problem:  dereliction of duty for external reasons. 

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2018, 05:46:06 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 201
Strzok set up a legal fund and has pulled in like $300k in 24 hours. McCabe did something similar and got like half a million.  Regardless of feelings about the general or specific situation, who the heck is sending these guys money?
Can't help but wonder if most of the money is from liberal or anti-Trump political organizations.

It's obviously not impossible to fake that kind of thing but if you look at it most donations are $100 or less and attributed to individuals and couples.

https://www.gofundme.com/peterstrzok
Then those people are nuts. I would never donate to a person's defense fund, especially when its basically going to be used to make the person richer if they win their cases.

Yeah, itís honestly just depressing. There are all sorts of good causes out there, and instead people are throwing money at some dude who almost certainly doesnít need it.

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2018, 06:02:44 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 57
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Well, this is interesting.  Please don't shoot the messenger.  Believe the story or not.

https://www.intellihub.com/strzok-fired-by-fbi-but-still-works-for-the-cia/
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2018, 06:11:41 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 369
Strzok was involved in the investigation into trumps Russian ties as early as summer 2016.
If he was such a partisan sleezeball, bent on defeating trump, donít you think he would have leaked that there was an active FBI investigation into the manís campaign?

Guy is getting railroaded for expressing  a personal opinion about a presidential candidate.

This weakens the independence of law enforcement at precisely the moment in history when the institions of American democracy need to stand up to a wannabe strong man autocrat.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 06:21:14 PM by arctic 3.0 »

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2018, 06:16:29 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• Bailey Howell
Well, this is interesting.  Please don't shoot the messenger.  Believe the story or not.

https://www.intellihub.com/strzok-fired-by-fbi-but-still-works-for-the-cia/

Then stop posting that crud
 https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/intellihub/

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2018, 06:22:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Strzok was involved in the investigation into trumps Russian ties as early as summer 2016.
If he was such a partisan sleezeball, bent on defeating trump, donít you think he would have leaked that there was an active FBI investigation into the manís campaign?

Guy is getting railroaded for expressing  a personal opinion about a presidential candidate.

This weakens the independence of law enforcement at precisely the moment in history when the institions of American democracy need to stand up to a wannabe strong man autocrat.

The Inspector General is railroading this sleazebag?

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2018, 06:42:42 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• Bailey Howell

No
FBI Deputy Director David Bowdich (Trump appointee) fired Strzok.
The whole ďmuddying the watersĒ defense attorney act is getting old

« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2018, 06:58:03 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

No

This isnít muddying the waters. This is a legit firing of a bad agent with an agenda.

Muellerís investigation doesnít change one iota due to the sleazy practices of Comey, McCabe and Strzok. I think in many criminal investigations having three top decision makers being unethical would be fatal, but I canít imagine it will be here. To take Trump down, the evidence is going to have to be clear and compelling. If the credibility of Strzok is a key factor in any ultimate decision, the evidence isnít nearly enough for a conviction.

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2018, 07:00:42 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• Bailey Howell

No

This isnít muddying the waters. This is a legit firing of a bad agent with an agenda.

Muellerís investigation doesnít change one iota due to the sleazy practices of Comey, McCabe and Strzok. I think in many criminal investigations having three top decision makers being unethical would be fatal, but I canít imagine it will be here. To take Trump down, the evidence is going to have to be clear and compelling. If the credibility of Strzok is a key factor in any ultimate decision, the evidence isnít nearly enough for a conviction.
You just misidentified the person/agency who fired Strzok to make a point.
I call that muddying the water

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2018, 07:10:52 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

No

You just misidentified the person/agency who fired Strzok to make a point.
I call that muddying the water

Iíve had about enough of you twisting my words. Since I find it nearly impossible that youíre illiterate or have a sub-60 IQ, I can only assume youíre baiting.

Nobody said the IG fired Strzok.  Instead, Horowitz only found that Strzok made grave errors in decision-making, harmed the perception of the FBI, demonstrated a biased mind, and acted in such a way that it was implied that he was using his position to undercut Trumpís election chances.

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2018, 08:36:04 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 341
Nobody said the IG fired Strzok.  Instead, Horowitz only found that Strzok made grave errors in decision-making, harmed the perception of the FBI, demonstrated a biased mind, and acted in such a way that it was implied that he was using his position to undercut Trumpís election chances.
Roy, you need to separate a couple of things.  Whether or not Strzok should have been fired is one thing.  You think he should.  Many think he shouldn't.  Mueller fired him the day after the texts became public.  I believe that his texts were not what I want to see FBI agents doing.  I am fine with the firing.

That is different than suggesting that Strzok impacted the election or the investigation.  The IG report made very clear that there is no evidence that he did either.  His irresponsible texts gave the impression that he had the willingness to do so but there was no evidence that he did.  The texts, even in the absence of the actions were really dumb and warranted disciplinary action including firing (in my opinion).

You are going to great lengths to weave a perception that he did in fact impact the election and the investigation.  He didn't, at least according to the IG.  To me, you sound like Devin Nunes.  Promoting a perception that Trump is a victim.  In this case though, there is nothing to support it, so it comes across very political or partisan.  That is the part I don't get.  You look past so many Trump lies but are willing spin the IG report to defend him.

The FBI is not out to get Trump (at least there is no evidence of this in the IG report).  The FBI is made up of individuals that have political leanings.  Strzok is an idiot.  Trump is a liar.  All these thing can be true at the same time.