Author Topic: Unseen hours @ Pure Sweat episode 11  (Read 4533 times)

Unseen hours @ Pure Sweat episode 11
« on: August 10, 2018, 06:33:36 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Drew Hanlen just came out with more footage of a friendly scrimmage Tatum looks so good,a touchdown pass by a skinny Marcus.Semi is still there
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:45:08 AM by rollie mass »

Re: Unseen hours @ Pure Sweat episode 11
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 07:13:55 AM »

Offline Joyride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
Link?

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 07:25:10 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Boom. That's what you give Tps for Rookie.

https://youtu.be/Wue2sSlnT14

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 07:32:25 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Rollie, your right. That's the smallest Smart I've seen in the NBA.

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 09:00:26 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

Thank you for your service  :)
Yup

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 09:04:21 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Joel is so good too, but man, he is never being defended by anyone who can put up a fight! They can't find any bigs to test him besides Myers? I need to stop hating, but it just irks me when he's doing all that talking when their best defense is Myers and/or Tatum.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 09:37:25 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
A lot of Tatum highlights. Not so many Semi highlights.

I've written this before but I think Marcus is going to have his best year. We usually talk about players on expiring contracts having extra motivation but Smart doesn't need more motivation. He has the opposite problem where he gets overexcited and that's when he makes mistakes. Having this long term contract means maybe he can relax a little bit. With only basketball to worry about I think we'll see him shoot the best he's ever shot and play the best ball of his career.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 10:24:35 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Thank you for your service  :)

Tp Redz. Your welcome.

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 11:56:22 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
A lot of Tatum highlights. Not so many Semi highlights.

I've written this before but I think Marcus is going to have his best year. We usually talk about players on expiring contracts having extra motivation but Smart doesn't need more motivation. He has the opposite problem where he gets overexcited and that's when he makes mistakes. Having this long term contract means maybe he can relax a little bit. With only basketball to worry about I think we'll see him shoot the best he's ever shot and play the best ball of his career.
Is Smart working with Drew Hanlon as well?

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 01:32:25 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Hanlen is becoming really overrated. Most of his drills seem perimeter oriented and it's no wonder that a guy like Meyers Leonard, despite being with Hanlen for a couple of years, hasn't improved at all. Hanlen has capitalized by having the good fortune of being associated with some HIGHLY talented guys like Embiid, Beal, and Tatum. However, would these guys have had a similar growth under a different trainer? Besides Leonard, he's also had David Lee, Clarkson, and Wiggins, but results didn't translate on the court. Not saying Hanlen isn't a good trainer, but he's not doing anything special that other trainers wouldn't. Working with Hanlen isn't really a big deal, so it's best to temper expectations on Smart and Semi.

Where are Grover and Buzz the "shot doctor" nowadays?

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 02:22:42 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
-EDDIE-You were ordered off  topics that i post as you are baiting AGAIN-Now your a expert on trainers from what some PR videos.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 02:39:09 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 02:55:49 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Hanlen is becoming really overrated. Most of his drills seem perimeter oriented and it's no wonder that a guy like Meyers Leonard, despite being with Hanlen for a couple of years, hasn't improved at all. Hanlen has capitalized by having the good fortune of being associated with some HIGHLY talented guys like Embiid, Beal, and Tatum. However, would these guys have had a similar growth under a different trainer? Besides Leonard, he's also had David Lee, Clarkson, and Wiggins, but results didn't translate on the court. Not saying Hanlen isn't a good trainer, but he's not doing anything special that other trainers wouldn't. Working with Hanlen isn't really a big deal, so it's best to temper expectations on Smart and Semi.

Where are Grover and Buzz the "shot doctor" nowadays?

While I do think Hanlen may be getting overrated, even if he is the world's greatest trainer, there's only so much you can do with some players.  A guy like Meyers Leonard may have just reached his ceiling.  But I think I share your overall sentiment.

It's part cyclical, part marketing. 

For the marketing part Hanlen's posting regular YouTube videos, doing podcasts etc, so he's definitely been doing great at getting his name out there.

For the cyclical part, it's just the way power flows.  People rise when they attach to the right stars, but then new stars come and hire different people.  It went from David Falk being the most powerful agent in the '90's, to Aaron Goodwin in the '00's to maybe Jeff Schwartz now.  The power brokers change from Sonny Vaccaro to World Wide Wes to Jay Z to Ronnie2k to whoever.  Several years down the road some other trainer will be in vogue.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 03:45:28 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
-EDDIE-You were ordered off  topics that i post as you are baiting AGAIN-Now your a expert on trainers from what some PR videos.

I couldn't care less about what you think. You have your opinion and I have mine. If you want to drink the kool-aid and believe that Hanlen is doing something fundamentally different than all other trainers then have at it.

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 04:54:35 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I couldn't care less about what you think. You have your opinion and I have mine. If you want to drink the kool-aid and believe that Hanlen is doing something fundamentally different than all other trainers then have at it.

I mean, there are a lot of really good trainers. Some are more recognized than others. Hanlen does pretty good work with his guys, but I don't think that means he is the best out there. Tatum owes him a lot of credit for his footwork development since Tatum was a teenager.

The fact that the young guys are willing to pay good money and invest their time to work with a top trainer is a good thing.

They could be working with Fultz's trainer/uncle that broke his form.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:05:55 PM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 05:58:40 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Who rated the guy not me-its just fun watching the videos seeing the kids working out
I have been watching since first Hoops House-the guy is a tireless worker and has built a good business.
Eddie has an envy problem.Likes to control other posters.
He doesn't know anything about Drews Training or has been to one or interviewed any of his clients
Right now he has the respect of the kids Marcus is there and Hayward was working out with him.
I like Kyries ball handling  trainer out of NYC.
I enjoy glimpses of training and scrimmages just the peek into the world of working out.