Around the League > Around the NBA

Bucks are the Celtics biggest competition in the east

(1/7) > >>

perks-a-beast:
Tell me otherwise.

Celts have an easier Time containing Simmons in a Sixers series due to his non existent jumpshot, they also have the defensive frontline presence to make things difficult for Embiid. Nobody else on that squad should worry them, at least not yet (jury’s out on Fultz)

It’ll won’t be any picnic scoring against the Raptors but at the end of the day the Celtics are by far the superior offensive team.

I think this is the year that Giannis establishes himself as a legit MVP candidate. They have a lights out shooter in Middleton whose in a contract year, Bledsoe who can’t possibly play any worse than he did in the last years playoffs, Lopez who adds another dimension to their offense, and an actual coach in Budenholzer now who can make it all work together. Argument can be made they gave Boston a  tougher time in the playoffs than any other team overall (there were games where they blew out the Cavs pretty easily.)

I still don’t think they’re a legitimate threat just yet (think BOS wins the east with ease, even with injuries), but if they can get it together that team is a big headache.

Bledsoe / Brogdon
Middleton / Divicenzo
Giannis / Snell
Henson / Ilyasova
Lopez / Maker

Just looks like Giannis has a better supporting cast than Simmons/Embiid or Kawhi..

perks-a-beast:
https://hoopshype.com/2018/08/08/milwaukee-bucks-nba-brook-lopez-free-agency-expectations/

^ Lopez already talking a big game.

This team has shades of the mid to late 00’s Cavs teams that LeBron carried. A nice, balanced roster with some nice B grade players lead by a superstar. But we all know those teams had not too high of a ceiling to put it mildly..

celticsclay:
They had pretty brutal coaching and really pushed us, a lot harder than the 76ers did. I still think Toronto is the toughest, but then there are a bunch of teams that could be right there including Bucks, Wizards or philly.

colincb:
Raptors are the primary threat. Bucks may well be a tougher matchup than the Sixers though.

perks-a-beast:

--- Quote from: celticsclay on August 08, 2018, 07:54:28 PM ---They had pretty brutal coaching and really pushed us, a lot harder than the 76ers did. I still think Toronto is the toughest, but then there are a bunch of teams that could be right there including Bucks, Wizards or philly.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn’t put the Wizards anywhere near the conversation. They’ll make the playoffs, sure, but their chemistry was a nightmare last year, and now they’re adding one of the most socially toxic players in the league in Howard to their roster. Really like some of their young players - Porter, Oubre, Beal - I think they should just move on from Wall and use those guys as the foundation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version