Author Topic: Tatum, Brown among players most likely to be 1st time All-Stars as voted by ESPN  (Read 4628 times)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24303221/nba-first-all-star-predictions-espn-summer-forecast

Tatum chosen as 4th most likely to be voted a 1st time All-Star with 83.3% of vote.

Brown chosen as 6th most likely with 55.6% of vote.

Top 6 players

1. Simmons
2. Mitchell
3. Jokic
4. Tatum
5. Gobert
6. Brown
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 12:17:18 PM by nickagneta »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
2nd and 3rd likeliest in the EC.  :D

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
All are good candidates.

I'm surprised that Gobert hasn't made it yet.  The lack of a "center" category any more has probably hurt him.  You don't see many guys who have made the All-NBA Second Team and who were selected DPOY left off of all-star teams.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I would appreciate this a lot more of it didn’t come from ESPN.

Alas, pretty impressive to see a 20- and 21-year-old from the same team (that already features three all-stars) on a list like that.
CELTICS 2024

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If one of Horford, Kyrie or Hayward struggle for whatever reason I could see Tatum or Brown being voted an all-star. Realistically I think Kyrie, Horford, and Hayward will probably be all-stars and I don't think they will give the C's 4 all-stars.

Simmons and Mitchell are probably locks. One of Gobert and Jokic will make it.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
All are good candidates.

I'm surprised that Gobert hasn't made it yet.  The lack of a "center" category any more has probably hurt him.  You don't see many guys who have made the All-NBA Second Team and who were selected DPOY left off of all-star teams.

I think a poorly timed injury killed Gobert’s chances last year.  When reserves were being decided, he had missed 26 of the prior 32 games.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I have a feeling the C's are going to send 3 players to the all star game and Brown and Tatum will be left out. It's nice to see them on the national radar, though.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I think Irving, Horford, and Tatum are virtual locks. Tatum made too much of a name for himself during the playoffs last season. I'm not sure if Hayward will be firing on all cylinders early in the season, which might effect his overall numbers, and hurt his chances of making the All Star team. I have a hard time seeing any non-Golden State team getting 4-5 players on the team, which would hurt Brown the most. If the Celtics have a fourth All Star, it will most likely be Hayward.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Whut?   !!!

No Nader ?  :angel:

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
be cool if both made it

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Gobert being DPOY while missing all those games, and Kyrie not making all nba while missing fewer was absurd.

IMO, Jokic should have already been an all star. A # of less deserving players made it ahead of him last year.

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I think Irving, Horford, and Tatum are virtual locks. Tatum made too much of a name for himself during the playoffs last season. I'm not sure if Hayward will be firing on all cylinders early in the season, which might effect his overall numbers, and hurt his chances of making the All Star team. I have a hard time seeing any non-Golden State team getting 4-5 players on the team, which would hurt Brown the most. If the Celtics have a fourth All Star, it will most likely be Hayward.
Yeah, I love Tatum but calling him a virtual lock is getting carried away.  Hayward gets in before he does IMO.

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Tatum is far from a lock. Many young players don't get in the first year they should have because they aren't perceived as having paid their dues.

Plus, Tatum is very unlikely to get 20/game with all our depth. Hard for a guy scoring 15 or so a night to get the recognition.

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I can't really think right now of the Tatum and Brown's competition in the Eastern Conference but I do think both have a decent shot. Hayward may recover slowly and even if he doesnt they are going to want to bring him along slowly until we are sure he is ok.

That will give both Brown and Tatum a chance to shine. Really I think this is the year that Brown goes off. He has all the tools and should put it all together this year. I am not sure that Tatum doesnt already have it all together, the guy is a stud!

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think the C's have four All Stars in this years game:

Irving, Horford, Hayward, Tatum.

Brown has a chance to be in there instead of Tatum but I expect Tatum to get more recognition.