Author Topic: 76ers vs C's will prob be season opener: Washburn  (Read 2205 times)

Re: 76ers vs C's will prob be season opener: Washburn
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 03:41:58 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
If Brad is as competitive as I think he is, he would sic Marcus on Fultz as soon as they both checked in.
Nothing would be more devastating to Fultz's confidence than getting stripped or blocked in the first 5 minutes of his playing time. Add that to Marcus trashtalking him to oblivion.

All that hard work during the summer, ruined by Marcus Smart... this would be so satisfying.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: 76ers vs C's will prob be season opener: Washburn
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 04:58:59 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Philly-Celtics makes total sense but I'd be shocked if the Lakers aren't on opening night. I guess they try and get teams that were successful the last year, but that doesn't quite explain 1st round losers the Thunder over the Rockets who not only had the league's best record but just added Carmelo (still a big name regardless of reputation).

I don't know if they'll try for Lakers/Celtics or Lakers/Warriors for the Christmas matchup. Thinking maybe the former so they can do Rockets/Warriors then.

Good question. I'm thinking maybe they go with Rockets/Thunder in a night spot, maybe?

I also wonder how the NBA will treat Raptors/Spurs.

Those are two B teams in terms of marketability/interest, so probably like a Thursday night TNT game in no particularly special place.

Here's my bet for the XMas Day quintupleheader

Milwaukee at Philly (mandatory low-wattage noon East game)
Boston at Lakers (marquee game #1, has to be in LA to plug movies)
Rockets at Warriors (marquee #2)
Raptors at Thunder (night game #1)
Hornets at Blazers (mandatory low-wattage 10:30 Pacific Time Zone game)

They might find a spot for the TWolves in there too, probably instead of the poor Raptors who deserve it much more than them. Jazz also deserve it on merit but not on marketability.

Am I missing the significance of the Hornets and Blazers? Hornets aren’t worthy.

I would agree with the first three matchups, seem logical to me. Maybe I go with Raptors @ Spurs in Kawhi’s return to San Antonio. Then something like Thunder @ Jazz in the nightcap.
CELTICS 2024