Author Topic: Will Kyrie mess up Ainge plan?  (Read 6493 times)

Re: Will Kyrie mess up Ainge plan?
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2018, 08:34:46 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I simply don't think there's anything to this rumor. There hasn't been a single piece of credible reporting that Kyrie wants to leave Boston. I'll worry when there's something to worry about.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2018, 09:59:42 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I simply don't think there's anything to this rumor. There hasn't been a single piece of credible reporting that Kyrie wants to leave Boston. I'll worry when there's something to worry about.

THIS....plus how many times have we seen the NYC media create these stories of players wanting to come there.

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2018, 11:12:11 AM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I personally think the worst case scenario is that Kyrie wants a shorter two-year deal from the Celtics so he can contend in the short term while waiting to see if the Knicks actually improve enough that he actually wants to play there. Going there in the middle of a rebuild seems a little bit of a bridge too far at the moment for a guy used to going deep into the playoffs. Imagine going from the Finals to a 30-win squad. With a max upside of like 45 wins.

I think you are mistaken.  A two year + player option would be the best option for the Celtics.  The Celtics will be able to move salary to get back under the tax line.  Without losing Kyrie, there is no way the team can survive and it is more important to preserve Brown and Tatum as they mature.

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2018, 07:03:59 PM »

Offline jacigar

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
Dont believe he leaves,but injury is a cncern.I would entertain irving trade for Kanter  C and Trey Burke PG. Both of there contracts end after 2018, as does Irvings. THey were drafted #3 and #9. Salaries match in trade machines.

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2018, 08:22:35 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Question: Will Kyrie mess up Ainge's plan?

I don't think so. Ainge took the opportunity to trade IT et al for "one year of Irving." Last year being the "play some" and do medical procedures.

What did Ainge trade? Players who were not part of his plan.

He got Irving for this season and what's the matter with that?

If Ainge loses Irving he hasn't lost anything because he didn't give up anything. He wasn't going to sign Thomas and he was building the championship team of the future. Irving shows up for awhile so be it....Irving signs a long term deal?

El jackpoto.

He traded the Brooklyn #1 don't forget that

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2018, 08:41:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Dont believe he leaves,but injury is a cncern.I would entertain irving trade for Kanter  C and Trey Burke PG. Both of there contracts end after 2018, as does Irvings. THey were drafted #3 and #9. Salaries match in trade machines.
God no.

Kanter is a decent scorer and rebounder, but is useless as a defender. Trey Burke is a similarly good scorer, but has been super injured over the last couple of years and does little else. Neither would start
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2018, 11:37:10 PM »

Offline jacigar

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
If Irving demands a trade to Ny.,our hands may be tied . Try this 1 Kanter-Burks-Knox for irving and yabu. We would only be able to pick from their roster.Knox 6-9 18yearold swing foMrward draft 9. I hope KI resigns . But he seems to want to go home to the big apple. He went to HS in N JER.He wasNCAA MVP , when leading Michigan to national title.He has had injuries to the neck  and a broken arn. May be a slow developer.  Has a very high a/to ratio. Good shooter and would be lookin for a relatively cheap pay day .<Made less than 2M this year and will be an UFA in 2019,as will Kanter 18M. Some times you are forced into deal as we did too Clev  yo get Irving .  We might be able to resign Rozier and Burks to replace KI and save millions in tax.

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2018, 11:48:28 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If Irving demands a trade to Ny.,our hands may be tied . Try this 1 Kanter-Burks-Knox for irving and yabu. We would only be able to pick from their roster.Knox 6-9 18yearold swing foMrward draft 9. I hope KI resigns . But he seems to want to go home to the big apple. He went to HS in N JER.He wasNCAA MVP , when leading Michigan to national title.He has had injuries to the neck  and a broken arn. May be a slow developer.  Has a very high a/to ratio. Good shooter and would be lookin for a relatively cheap pay day .<Made less than 2M this year and will be an UFA in 2019,as will Kanter 18M. Some times you are forced into deal as we did too Clev  yo get Irving .  We might be able to resign Rozier and Burks to replace KI and save millions in tax.
Adding Knox is far more preferable, but we can definitely find a better deal. And if we can't, keeping Kyrie for a season is better for us, as it gives us a legitimate title shot. Kyrie hasn't really indicated that he wants to go to NYC, it's just a nothing story in between the fun of free agency and the draft, and pre-season.

Burke might be a slow developer, but he's 8 months younger than Kyrie. That's it. 8 months. Kyrie is only 2 years older than Embiid, one year older than AD, and is almost a year younger than Kawhi. I don't think we've seen the best he has to offer, and it would be foolish to move him for drastically lesser pieces
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2018, 02:41:02 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
If Irving's heart is not into playing for the greatest franchise in the league on a long-term title contender, then to hell with him. Celts don't need to grovel for this guy. Replace and move on.

Why would his departure not open up cap space and depend on Horford ?

If he leaves, put Rozier at PG and sign a knock-down shooter. Draft an athletic PF next year and re-sign Tatum and Brown, who actually seem to be happy playing for the Celtics. I think those guys appreciate that the Celtics drafted them so high when the "experts" did not agree.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2018, 08:07:51 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Kyrie to NY heating up on Cowherd.

Fear sells.  It's just Clickbait.  Kyrie loves being a Celtic as far as I can tell.

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2018, 09:42:08 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Hahahahaha.  And while we're at it why don't we trade Jayson Tatum for Thomas Robinson and Anthony Bennett?  Changing a dollar bill for pennies makes a lotta sense... NOT!