Author Topic: Preseason Schedule  (Read 3148 times)

Preseason Schedule
« on: July 31, 2018, 04:50:39 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Only 4 Games:

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:56:19 PM by JHTruth »

Re: Preseason Schedule
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 04:55:36 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
that's kind of a boring pre-season schedule.

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 05:04:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
That feels surprisingly short, and with potentially a very long gap between Game 4 and the beginning of the regular season.  Interesting strategy tho.  With camp opening up I think on September 27th, the Celtics will jump right into game action.  With an almost completely returning roster, it feels like the goal is to throw everyone into the fire for a few games, and then refine things in practices for the second half of the preseason.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 05:04:49 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Yup.  They often play the Hornets, but I'm surprised no Sixers or Knicks.

I think cutting back from 6 to 4 games was necessary due to how they are spreading out the schedule now.

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 09:44:33 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

I think cutting back from 6 to 4 games was necessary due to how they are spreading out the schedule now.

I just wish there was a lil more variety in opponents.

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 09:53:23 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I'm out of town for the first game. I really wish they would be better about consulting with me before scheduling.

Mike

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 10:01:15 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

I just wish there was a lil more variety in opponents.

Reminds me of the movie, My Cousin Vinny, where Vinny and Mona Lisa Vito go to the restaurant for breakfast and the options on the menu were breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 10:24:41 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Wonder if we'll be seeing either Gordon or Kyrie in preseason.

Mike

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 10:54:51 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
That feels surprisingly short, and with potentially a very long gap between Game 4 and the beginning of the regular season.  Interesting strategy tho.  With camp opening up I think on September 27th, the Celtics will jump right into game action.  With an almost completely returning roster, it feels like the goal is to throw everyone into the fire for a few games, and then refine things in practices for the second half of the preseason.

Have they stated camp will open up on Thursday, September 27? I figured they would start camp that Monday September 24th to give them a few days of practice first, given the first day is usually media day. Seems strange to start training camp on a Thursday.

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 10:56:15 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Have they stated camp will open up on Thursday, September 27? I figured they would start camp that Monday September 24th to give them a few days of practice first, given the first day is usually media day. Seems strange to start training camp on a Thursday.

They announced a camp opening I think, or at least a beat writer tweeted about it.  The 27th stuck in my head but I haven’t had the time to find the tweet and double check.

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 11:10:41 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Wonder if we'll be seeing either Gordon or Kyrie in preseason.

Mike
I can't imagine we wouldn't, but their minutes will be limited.  This isn't like SL; they are preparing for real games and have to get used to playing with their mates.

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 02:55:52 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
See you guys at the Dean Center. It is going to be awesome!!!
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 04:30:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I searched online and couldn't find anything official on when training camp opens. My guess is with the new facility the Celtics could be doing a lot of "non-official training camp" stuff with guys already in Boston using the facility.

I read an article about Kyrie at the Camp USA that said Kyrie expected to be 100% for start of training camp.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/kyrie-irving-not-playing-full-contact-expects-be-100-percent-celtics-training-camp?amp

Hayward says he expects to start 5 on 5 drills in August and will be a go for start of training camp. Apparently he is already dunking.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2018/07/19/gordon-hayward-injury-recovery-update

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 05:54:25 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Still waiting for regular season schedule.

Can't wait for the Lakers-Celtics games. We haven't played the Lakers on Christmas since 2009, so I think that could be the marquee matchup, @ Staples.

I think the Celtics/76ers or Celtics/Raptors could be the opening night game.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2018, 09:11:07 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Still waiting for regular season schedule.

Can't wait for the Lakers-Celtics games. We haven't played the Lakers on Christmas since 2009, so I think that could be the marquee matchup, @ Staples.

I think the Celtics/76ers or Celtics/Raptors could be the opening night game.

I have season tickets and for my birthday last December, my girlfriend booked us an awesome cruise to Croatia and the Greek Islands... but I'll be away between roughly Oct 26th to Nov 5th.

I'm very nervous that the C's will host the Warriors, Lakers, Thunder, or Rockets at that time!

:o
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07