Poll

Expectations of Robert Williams this upcoming season?

Major contributor
3 (4.4%)
Minor contributor
30 (44.1%)
Maine Red Claws/G League
33 (48.5%)
Bust
2 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: What are your expectations from Robert Williams this year?  (Read 8369 times)

Re: What are your expectations from Robert Williams this year?
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2018, 08:53:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Unlike many I don't expect him to see a single minute playing in Maine this season. 

Weed is legal there and the last thing the Celtics need is for the Big Sleepy to have that kind of temptation at his doorstep.
Weed is legal in Massachusetts too. He can have a whole bunch of plants at his house, no problem.

« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2018, 09:17:46 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2018, 09:37:14 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Unlike many I don't expect him to see a single minute playing in Maine this season. 

Weed is legal there and the last thing the Celtics need is for the Big Sleepy to have that kind of temptation at his doorstep.

Totally inappropriate. Mods?

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2018, 12:06:18 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Genuinely curious which part of that is problematic for you.

I always pictured Will Barton as a stoner, and hence why he loves Denver. Also, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Joker isn't a midnight toker.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2018, 12:12:14 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I always pictured Will Barton as a stoner, and hence why he loves Denver. Also, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Joker isn't a midnight toker.

Williams was suspended 3 games at TAMU this year for “violating team rules.”  What rules do people think he violated as a 20-year-old in college that earns a multi-game suspension but not a police report?

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2018, 12:31:13 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

TP for the rhyme in the last line, lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2018, 06:12:34 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
(Picture CBS as Mr. T in Rocky 3...try it, you'll die laughing :) )

Reporter:  "What's your prediction for Robert Williams this NBA season?"
CBS:  "Prediction?"
Reporter:  "Yes, prediction?"

(stares at the camera)

CBS:  LEARN!

That's my expectation...low.  Because I want him to grow as an individual more than concerned about his basketball skills.  Learning would mean what it means to be a grown up, and being around Tatum and Brown and others in his age group will help.

The learning about basketball skills will come, in time, and there's no rush with our current line up.  The learning about the real world is much more important.

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2018, 06:15:06 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

I just want to make it clear that I am IN NO WAY maligning the state of Maine.  It's a gorgeous and wild state teeming with nature, with a landscape defined by a dense carpet of white pines interrupted every so often by towering mountains, and winding rivers.  The City of Portland hugs a busy working harbor and is a culinary paradise where you can't walk half a block without someone handing you a craft beer or nearly suffocating you in a cloud of white rhino or pineapple express before offering you expertly prepared fresh seafood that just came off the boat that day.  The state mottos are - and for good reason - "Vacationland" and "The Way "Life Should Be." But the LAST thing you'd want to do with a 20 year old who took all of one practice to convince the team he needed a 24 hour a day babysitter is to send him to this veritable land of Milk and Honey and expect him to GAIN discipline.   That just seems like common sense to me.

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2018, 06:52:47 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I just want to make it clear that I am IN NO WAY maligning the state of Maine.  It's a gorgeous and wild state teeming with nature, with a landscape defined by a dense carpet of white pines interrupted every so often by towering mountains, and winding rivers.  The City of Portland hugs a busy working harbor and is a culinary paradise where you can't walk half a block without someone handing you a craft beer or nearly suffocating you in a cloud of white rhino or pineapple express before offering you expertly prepared fresh seafood that just came off the boat that day.  The state mottos are - and for good reason - "Vacationland" and "The Way "Life Should Be." But the LAST thing you'd want to do with a 20 year old who took all of one practice to convince the team he needed a 24 hour a day babysitter is to send him to this veritable land of Milk and Honey and expect him to GAIN discipline.   That just seems like common sense to me.
Yes, Maine is a great state and Portland is a fantastic city, but I fear you are digging yourself deeper.  Is Massachusetts that boring to you?  Heck I don't even have to grow plants.  There's a cannibis shop a few miles from my house.

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2018, 07:12:16 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

There's also a lot of alcoholics and potheads. About a third of them are my family.

But I think Williams will be fine.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008