Author Topic: Bleacher Report: Biggest holes on all 30 nba team: C’s have no holes  (Read 4019 times)

Offline CelticsJG

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
We don't have a big to replace Horford if he goes out.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Theis, Morris, Tatum, and Semi can be okay at PF.
Theis and Baynes okay at Center.

Given Horfords up and down performances he isn't that irreplaceable

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

We have two actual NBA rotation players that can play in his absence in Theis and Baynes, and two lottery tickets in Yabusele and Williams. Big man depth is really not an issue, especially since we really only need a big man at the 5 in most cases with our plethora of swings.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Horford is completely irreplaceable, lol. His playmaking, defensive versatility and ability to stretch the floor all in one player is unrivaled on this team, and is absolutely essential to our success.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Horford is completely irreplaceable, lol. His playmaking, defensive versatility and ability to stretch the floor all in one player is unrivaled on this team, and is absolutely essential to our success.
We can mimic his production with mutliple players (both frontcourt players) though, with some more added toughness.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

We can mimic his production with mutliple players (both frontcourt players) though, with some more added toughness.
I don't think anyone on our team can replicate his defensive versatility
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Personally, I think we can use another scorer off the bench.

I wouldn't have minded if the Celts pursued Kyle Korver (as was rumored) and offered a 1st rounder.

I feel like we are at the stage now where we need to be focused on one thing that's hoisting a trophy and not so concerned with draft picks anymore.

We have like 4 1st rounders next summer.

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
1st rounders are valuable for when we hit luxury tax as cheap bodies that have upside.

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730

I wouldn't have minded if the Celts pursued Kyle Korver (as was rumored) and offered a 1st rounder.

I feel like we are at the stage now where we need to be focused on one thing that's hoisting a trophy and not so concerned with draft picks anymore.

Agreed, mostly.

I have said for two years now - we need an athletic post defender/rebounder & a spot-up 3-point killer, like Korver or Reddick. Maybe Williams can be that athletic big - IF he grows up.

I want to keep as many draft picks as we can - never know who might leave and I want to extend this thing for a long time. It's time the Celtics made up for the post Bias/Lewis years.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline ozman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21

Agreed, mostly.

I have said for two years now - we need an athletic post defender/rebounder & a spot-up 3-point killer, like Korver or Reddick. Maybe Williams can be that athletic big - IF he grows up.

I want to keep as many draft picks as we can - never know who might leave and I want to extend this thing for a long time. It's time the Celtics made up for the post Bias/Lewis years.

I’m all for Korver (or another shooter) but I wouldn’t give up a first. Hold those for a true difference maker (pipe dream Davis) or as a contingency for rozier, Morris, our bigs and potentially Kyrie leaving

Korver could be an ideal buy out candidate, I doubt any team will offer a 1st for him.

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Keep the firsts. We probably could draft one more long term elite prospect to replace Hayward long term. The rest are useful as depth picks as the roster heads into the tax.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Keep the firsts. We probably could draft one more long term elite prospect to replace Hayward long term. The rest are useful as depth picks as the roster heads into the tax.
Agreed.
We have right handed Harden-lite on the bench. Picks will come in handy later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic1bNCCs7Do&t=9s
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Which one of you is Dan Favale?

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
we really don't have any "holes". but if anyone thinks this team is set i'd like to point out that under brad stevens this team has been bounced from the playoffs in the same manner each yr. they've made the playoffs.

we couldn't shoot, specifically in the last few mins of a close out game. so either we need to stop taking jump shots or get shooters in here.