Celtics Basketball > Celtics Talk

Do Danny's moves this summer indicate he thinks we are ready?

(1/14) > >>

cman88:
You couldnt have had a different summer than last than the one Danny had this year.

Last year, danny blew up a team that went to the ECF returning only 4 players. Alot of people were shocked as the team had been successful. But clearly Danny saw them as an over-achieving bunch who made it as far as they ever were. it was a bold move because many gm's/owners would stand pat, happy that they made it that far and for the revenue making the ECF affords.

This summer on the other hand, Danny has stood pat. He refused to offer any of his young stars in a trade for Kawhi, and resigned Marcus smart to a lucrative deal that surely will put them in the tax next year, if not this year.

To me, this indicates that Danny/ownership believes this team can contend this year against the warriors.

liam:
Yes. The Celtics are contenders this year!

mqtcelticsfan:
I’d imagine it only means they think this is as good as they can realistically get right now without mortgaging the future. Comfortably one of the 4 best teams in basketball this year, and still in position to contend after the Golden State dynasty ends.

billysan:
I think he will continue to tinker depending on how we play the first half of the season. If he sees a need he will attempt to address it as any good GM should.

He has got to be excited with what he has so far though.

JHTruth:

--- Quote from: mqtcelticsfan on July 29, 2018, 03:11:30 PM ---I’d imagine it only means they think this is as good as they can realistically get right now without mortgaging the future. Comfortably one of the 4 best teams in basketball this year, and still in position to contend after the Golden State dynasty ends.

--- End quote ---

until if/when AD becomes available all improvement will come from development/draft.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version