Author Topic: Team USA mini-camp  (Read 4189 times)

Team USA mini-camp
« on: July 28, 2018, 06:34:31 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
https://youtu.be/-7PgpjiVsKU

Kyrie doing pass-in to mid-block 1-on-1’s. KD, PG13, Oladipo, Devin Booker, Myles Turner participating. As expected, these guys don’t miss much.   ;)

EDIT:  Fixed participants
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 10:50:13 AM by Surferdad »

Re: Team USA mini-camp
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 06:53:50 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Kyrie doing pass-in to mid-block 1-on-1’s. KD, PG13, Oladipo, Austin Rivers, Myles Turner participating. As expected, these guys don’t miss much.   ;)

One of these things is not like the other...

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 09:00:25 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Kyrie doing pass-in to mid-block 1-on-1’s. KD, PG13, Oladipo, Austin Rivers, Myles Turner participating. As expected, these guys don’t miss much.   ;)

Where did you see Austin Rivers? I think you may be confusing him with Booker.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 10:21:45 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell

Where did you see Austin Rivers? I think you may be confusing him with Booker.
Yeah sorry, thanks.

Kyrie Throwing Entry Passes at Team USA Training Camp
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 10:04:57 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7PgpjiVsKU&t=335s

I've seen Kyrie called a prima donna more than once but I've never seen any evidence of it. Here he is, not healthy enough to play at Team USA training camp, so what does he do? He hangs out and throws entry passes for the team's one-on-one drill. Good teammate stuff.

It's also just a fun video to watch all these stars post up against each other. Durant looks huge. Devin Booker looks like a little kid. Myles Turner looks like fun. Oladipo looks like he's for real.

And here's another video titled "Kyrie Irving SHUTS DOWN Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook Argument!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDD4vzfMwYc&feature=push-fr&attr_tag=X2W6RfM-EbCNxG5j-6

The video itself is kind of weak but you can see Kyrie stepping in and putting his USA teammates in their place in the beginning.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: Kyrie Throwing Entry Passes at Team USA Training Camp
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 12:00:39 PM »

Offline IndyCelt

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
Do not get a lot of the Kyrie , wont say hate but lack of love on here. I hope he doesnt read it. I can totally see not wanting to play with LeBron but and granted not in the Boston area to see media what  bad has he done as a Celtic besides being hurt ?

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 01:33:57 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Fun video of that 1v1 contest. Man those guys can shoot. Thanks for posting.

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 01:38:18 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
That fadeaway Oladipo hit over Durant was filthy.

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 01:42:51 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I think he's just recruiting players for his next stop.

Edit: Yeah, I don't get the whole primadonna thing. He's different and he also knows he's very good but I don't see anything temperamental about him.

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 04:53:29 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
I already started a thread about this:
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97414.0

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 04:55:23 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Do not get a lot of the Kyrie , wont say hate but lack of love on here. I hope he doesnt read it. I can totally see not wanting to play with LeBron but and granted not in the Boston area to see media what  bad has he done as a Celtic besides being hurt ?

Well he's played one season here, and hasn't committed beyond this season. Maybe people don't want to celebrate too much or get attached when he isn't showing a ton of commitment from his end..

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 05:10:21 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

When asked about re-upping in Boston after next year, he was not just non-committal, but basically said nothing reassuring for Cs fans or management. Here's what he said:

"Well, I mean I know that question is going to come up a lot over the next year, just based upon where my deal is," Irving said. "And, you know, that time will arise and when it does, I think I'll have a better, clear, concise answer for a lot of people that are going to ask. Yeah, I just have to take it as being present with the Boston Celtics. You know, and just going into this year with the mindset of trying to win a championship."

The article went on to say:

Irving's answer wasn't the most reassuring for fans in Boston that want to see him stay in Celtic green for the foreseeable future, but it also isn't especially alarming as ambiguity is a common practice when it comes to Kyrie. Considering the success that the Celtics had this season - and how well they are set up for sustained success - it's somewhat difficult to picture him wanting to walk away. But, Irving did ask to be traded away from LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers after three consecutive Finals appearances and a title, so anything is possible

Kyrie’s vagueness here sucks for me as a Cs fan. And he had to know the repercussions of what he said and how it would be perceived. Kyrie is very media/culture savvy.

He easily could have said something on these lines:

“I love it here in Boston. Management, the coaches, my teammates and the fans all make this a great place to play. I’d love to be here for the rest of my career, BUT things don’t always work out as we plan and hope for...I’m here to win a championship this year and hopefully many more after that.”

He says that, and everyone is satisfied.

His intentional vagueness is costing him some love from some Cs fans, and deservedly so. You reap what you sew, right. Gotta give love to get love....

C’mon, Kyrie, play the (media BS) game! I know you know how to do it.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 05:16:18 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 05:17:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I could care less what Kyrie said to the media about reupping. Unlike players like IT, maybe he doesn't discuss his contract desires with the media. My guess is Danny and Brad have a pretty good idea about where Kyrie stands about resigning with the team.

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2018, 07:51:36 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Kyrie doing pass-in to mid-block 1-on-1’s. KD, PG13, Oladipo, Devin Booker, Myles Turner participating. As expected, these guys don’t miss much.   ;)

EDIT:  Fixed participants

Biggest surprise, to me - Myles Turner was a problem for all of them on D - even Durant. Unfortunately, he also missed a couple of bunnies when he had the ball...

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2018, 08:56:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I could care less what Kyrie said to the media about reupping. Unlike players like IT, maybe he doesn't discuss his contract desires with the media. My guess is Danny and Brad have a pretty good idea about where Kyrie stands about resigning with the team.

tp