Author Topic: Marcus Morris says "There's always room for a versatile bully"  (Read 4631 times)

Re: Marcus Morris says "There's always room for a versatile bully"
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2018, 12:28:25 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Not a big fan.
Takes a lot of shots. Sometimes they go in, sometimes they don't.
The league-wide FG% is probably less than 50%, so he's pretty typical.

What's your opinion on his other 50% of the game (defense)?

I don't like his game. Look at his stats against Cleveland in the playoffs. He completely disappeared.

I completely understand why you don't like his game.  Many of us were frustrated that Morris couldn't translate his clutch shot making into the postseason.  His struggles look worse because he hit a bunch of big shots during the regular season.

As for the Cleveland series, it tells us nothing other than the fact that Morris is a streaky shooter.  Case in point, Morris averaged 18 PPG on 46.8 % fg and 38.9 % from three in a first round playoff series with the Cavs in 2016. 

To summarize Morris, he is a solid NBA player who yields diminishing returns if relied upon as a primary scoring option.  The good news is that our depth will allow Brad to play Morris less in games where he is struggling from the field.  Ultimately he should be a valuable player throughout the grind of an 82 game season.  The law of averages also says that he will have a couple of big playoff performances this time around.
Chris22 didn't answer my question about his defense.
He was supposed to shut down LeBron James in the ECF but to no avail  :'( After all, he was known to be one of the best LeBron stoppers in the NBA.
He was never supposed to "shut down" LeBron, but he guarded him pretty well and that's value which doesn't show up well in the box scores.

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2018, 04:37:52 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Does it bother anyone else about as to how casually players and commentators not only refer to players as "bullies" and "bully ball", but that such is done in a positive light? Sorry, but I just don't think that that makes for a good look, to put it mildly :-\.

You wouldn't have liked 80s NBA
I was thinking the same thing. There is no such thing as a "bully" in todays game. They won't let it happen.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2018, 04:58:17 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Does it bother anyone else about as to how casually players and commentators not only refer to players as "bullies" and "bully ball", but that such is done in a positive light? Sorry, but I just don't think that that makes for a good look, to put it mildly :-\.

You wouldn't have liked 80s NBA
I was thinking the same thing. There is no such thing as a "bully" in todays game. They won't let it happen.

Imagine if someone 'bit' another player like Tree Rollins allegedly did to Danny Ainge. Danny started the fight. They were savages lol

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 05:38:44 PM by billysan »
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2018, 04:59:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2973
He ll prove his worth when we meet the Warriors in the finals