Author Topic: 3rd player angling to join Kyrie and Butler in 2019  (Read 9551 times)

Re: 3rd player angling to join Kyrie and Butler in 2019
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2018, 06:46:12 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
as is Kyrie’s current refusal to kill rumors.

Is this really any different than Ainge being willing to discuss any potential deal no matter who it involves?

Yes, it’s pretty different. Kyrie is the one who has allowed this narrative to exist, and when directly asked about his commitment to Boston, he’s intentionally vague. That’s not an endearing quality.

sources connected to the player reiterated in the last two days that, while there are miles to go between now and the end of the coming season, the All-Star guard is quite pleased with his Celtic surroundings and has been talking about the future here beyond 2018-19.

What more should he say?

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2018/07/marcus_smart_deal_adds_to_celtics_stability

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2018, 07:12:47 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Better keep Rozier cause Irving will leave for the biggest market in the NBA..guy got knee issues anyway..always find a point guard
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2018, 07:41:09 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Is this really any different than Ainge being willing to discuss any potential deal no matter who it involves?

Yes, it’s pretty different. Kyrie is the one who has allowed this narrative to exist, and when directly asked about his commitment to Boston, he’s intentionally vague. That’s not an endearing quality.

sources connected to the player reiterated in the last two days that, while there are miles to go between now and the end of the coming season, the All-Star guard is quite pleased with his Celtic surroundings and has been talking about the future here beyond 2018-19.

What more should he say?

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2018/07/marcus_smart_deal_adds_to_celtics_stability

That’s not him saying it.  If he says the above publicly, great.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2018, 07:44:58 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
New York media is so horny for the Knicks to be relevant they are starting to speak in absolutes.

Like someone mentioned, kyrie’s set up to make the most money, have a championship team around him and would be an idiot to go play for the Knicks

He goes he goes. Resign Rozier and make a play for another PG.

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2018, 08:14:01 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
If Kyrie leaves, he’s an idiot.  Hayward + Tatum + Brown + Horford + Smart is better than Butler + “very accomplished “ player

Perhaps, Boston should consider making a move to add a Butler.

I've thought about that, but I feel Butler would be rather redundant. Between Kyrie, Hayward and Tatum, that's alot of touches. I also feel that Butler and Hayward are essentially the same player, only Hayward is better.
Hayward wasn't better than Butler befire he was hurt. He won't be better after the injury either

In a vacuum, sure. But on this team? Hayward is a lot better. Hayward is a better playmaker and shooter, and that is very important in Brad's system. Plus we don't need someone who throws his teammates under a bus.

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2018, 08:41:46 AM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
New York driven media making up stories

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2018, 08:49:54 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

What more should he say?

Fair enough Roy.

I think the indications suggest he plans to stay here long term, but I agree that statements like the one you cite  are not good for the team. Btw, a source would be appreciated, not that I doubt he said it, rather for checking the context.

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2018, 09:58:06 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

What more should he say?

Fair enough Roy.

I think the indications suggest he plans to stay here long term, but I agree that statements like the one you cite  are not good for the team. Btw, a source would be appreciated, not that I doubt he said it, rather for checking the context.

Interview with The NY Times:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/1005273144901492736?

Of course, based on his other answers in that interview, he may have been baked out of his mind. (“Constitutionally Round” would make a great screen name.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2018, 10:30:41 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

What more should he say?

Fair enough Roy.

Interview with The NY Times:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/1005273144901492736?

Of course, based on his other answers in that interview, he may have been baked out of his mind. (“Constitutionally Round” would make a great screen name.)
There's no getting around it. Whatever the explanation is for this flat earth thing, there is something wrong with him. Al of his interviews give off the same whiff of crazy. I worry that it will inevitably creep into his relationship with the team. Its too bad, because he's one of the most entertaining players I've ever seen play.

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2018, 10:39:59 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
I wouldnt give him max deal anyway with his knee..get Kemba Walker next season

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2018, 11:12:54 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

What more should he say?

That's a perfectly reasonable statement from Kyrie.

In other words, "I'll worry about next summer and free agency when next summer gets here. In the meantime, I'm focuses on winning a title in Boston ".

Kyrie is a guy that seems to live in the present. There's nothing he can do right now about next summer, so why should he waste his time worrying about it? It's not his problem if media with nothing better to do keep asking him a question that can't be answered right now. I don't need him to publicly answer that question. Fans that do are just being selfish and unrealistic.

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2018, 11:32:25 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Lol. How do you propose we do that? That's completely disregarding the fact that Kemba is, for all intents and purposes, just a poor man's Kyrie
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2018, 11:58:52 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Hasn't Kemba had two knee surgeries on the same knee?

Smitty77

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2018, 12:06:16 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Lol. How do you propose we do that? That's completely disregarding the fact that Kemba is, for all intents and purposes, just a poor man's Kyrie
Is Walker a FA next season?

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2018, 12:20:25 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
lol, this sounds more like someone on the knicks just leaking false information trying to get the pot stirred.

sure Kyrie could come out and squash everything but he also loses his bargaining aspect and even if he did address it whatever he said would get overanalyzed and people would come up with their own conclusion anyway.

meanwhile the Celtics keep saying they feel really good about being able to re-sign kyrie.

me personally I think there are a lot of Celtics fans that are easily duped.