Author Topic: 3rd player angling to join Kyrie and Butler in 2019  (Read 9583 times)

Re: 3rd player angling to join Kyrie and Butler in 2019
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2018, 12:45:51 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
lol, this sounds more like someone on the knicks just leaking false information trying to get the pot stirred.

sure Kyrie could come out and squash everything but he also loses his bargaining aspect and even if he did address it whatever he said would get overanalyzed and people would come up with their own conclusion anyway.

meanwhile the Celtics keep saying they feel really good about being able to re-sign kyrie.

me personally I think there are a lot of Celtics fans that are easily duped.

No, it's more that we traded IT4 for him and broke his heart. It's mainly people who didn't want him here who took issue with how kyrie speaks from the start. Kyrie actually gave another answer sometime around the time of the often quoted one but it has been posted before, it just doesn't jive with twisted theories.

I don't know what Kyrie's going to do and I really don't care at the moment but he clearly said he will worry about it when it's time to. No players say they are going to stay this early but for some reason kyries needs to or at least say what someone else thinks he should.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2018, 01:02:11 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I wouldnt give him max deal anyway with his knee..get Kemba Walker next season
Lol. How do you propose we do that? That's completely disregarding the fact that Kemba is, for all intents and purposes, just a poor man's Kyrie
Is Walker a FA next season?
Yes he is but we wouldn't have cap space to sign him even if Kyrie leaves.  So it would have to be a sign and trade which would require salary matching which would be tough to do. 

« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2018, 02:01:43 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
lol, this sounds more like someone on the knicks just leaking false information trying to get the pot stirred.

sure Kyrie could come out and squash everything but he also loses his bargaining aspect and even if he did address it whatever he said would get overanalyzed and people would come up with their own conclusion anyway.

meanwhile the Celtics keep saying they feel really good about being able to re-sign kyrie.

me personally I think there are a lot of Celtics fans that are easily duped.

No, it's more that we traded IT4 for him and broke his heart. It's mainly people who didn't want him here who took issue with how kyrie speaks from the start. Kyrie actually gave another answer sometime around the time of the often quoted one but it has been posted before, it just doesn't jive with twisted theories.

I don't know what Kyrie's going to do and I really don't care at the moment but he clearly said he will worry about it when it's time to. No players say they are going to stay this early but for some reason kyries needs to or at least say what someone else thinks he should.

Exactly. There are some people who didn't like the trade and are still sour about it. So, excuses will be created to justify not liking Kyrie. In the meantime, like others have astutely pointed out, alot of this speculation is fabricated just to get people talking and create some buzz for a hapless Knicks franchise.

What happens if Kyrie comes out and says "I want to be a Celtic forever" and then leaves in free agency next year? That's why it's best to just not say anything, which he is wisely doing.

« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2018, 02:05:33 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
so let me get this straight... Kyrie is going to leave less money on the table and play for a bad team with a bad owner..... FAKE NEWS

« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2018, 02:09:11 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
so let me get this straight... Kyrie is going to leave less money on the table and play for a bad team with a bad owner..... FAKE NEWS

I like that! Those two words pretty much sum everything up. FAKE NEWS.

« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2018, 03:29:39 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
This all feels like blickbait bs to me.

And yeah, Kyrie could end a lot of the speculation by saying definitively he intends to resign with the Celtics but it feels weird to blame him for other people's sloppy or fake reporting.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2018, 03:36:16 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
If Kyrie leaves, he’s an idiot.  Hayward + Tatum + Brown + Horford + Smart is better than Butler + “very accomplished “ player

Perhaps, Boston should consider making a move to add a Butler.

I've thought about that, but I feel Butler would be rather redundant. Between Kyrie, Hayward and Tatum, that's alot of touches. I also feel that Butler and Hayward are essentially the same player, only Hayward is better.
Hayward wasn't better than Butler befire he was hurt. He won't be better after the injury either

I think Hayward was better. Much better shooter and passer. I don't know how good Hayward will be when he comes back but in the 16-17 season, I think Hayward was a better player than Jimmy Butler.

I was actually surprised that Hayward is only like 6 months younger than Butler and somehow has played more minutes than Butler in his career (15k for butler, 16k for Hayward). Would have guessed Butler had played more.

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2018, 03:54:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Kyrie leaves, he’s an idiot.  Hayward + Tatum + Brown + Horford + Smart is better than Butler + “very accomplished “ player

I've thought about that, but I feel Butler would be rather redundant. Between Kyrie, Hayward and Tatum, that's alot of touches. I also feel that Butler and Hayward are essentially the same player, only Hayward is better.
Hayward wasn't better than Butler befire he was hurt. He won't be better after the injury either

I think Hayward was better. Much better shooter and passer. I don't know how good Hayward will be when he comes back but in the 16-17 season, I think Hayward was a better player than Jimmy Butler.

I was actually surprised that Hayward is only like 6 months younger than Butler and somehow has played more minutes than Butler in his career (15k for butler, 16k for Hayward). Would have guessed Butler had played more.
Butler was a 3 year player at Marquette. Gordon only played two years at Butler. So Gordon had an extra year and Jimmy Butler played sparringly his first year which makes up for Haywsrd not playing last year.

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2018, 03:59:11 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
With all the speculation going on I think If kyrie leaves its far from the end of the world. It’s not like we gave up anything of significance to get him, he’s always injured, we have young guys who can step up with scoring as seen in the playoffs, and we will probably have a top 5 pick in 2019 in a draft with a lot of good point guards.

Look it's not probable in my view, but not impossible either that Kyrie went to NY or someplace else with Butler/Mystery Man.

At the very least we should brace for a very annoying FA process with Kyrie, complete with a house in the Hamptons for GMs to come grovel. It's going to take a minute..

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2018, 04:00:14 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
With all the speculation going on I think If kyrie leaves its far from the end of the world. It’s not like we gave up anything of significance to get him, he’s always injured, we have young guys who can step up with scoring as seen in the playoffs, and we will probably have a top 5 pick in 2019 in a draft with a lot of good point guards.

This draft actually sucks for PGs. But we still have Scary Terry..

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2018, 04:02:05 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
You guessed it, it's former 1st team All-NBA center Joakim Noah!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:15:16 PM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2018, 05:44:03 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
You guessed it, it's former 1st team All-NBA center Joakim Noah!!

Good one. TP!

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2018, 06:06:04 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Look it's not probable in my view, but not impossible either that Kyrie went to NY or someplace else with Butler/Mystery Man.

At the very least we should brace for a very annoying FA process with Kyrie, complete with a house in the Hamptons for GMs to come grovel. It's going to take a minute..

Kyrie is definitely a man of mystery.  By admission he enjoys giving the media a story that will cause a polarizing reaction. 

I believe Kyrie will draw a distinction between feeding the media and making the Celtics wonder about his intentions.  If he's thinking about leaving then that's fine, but I hope he doesn't drag out the free agency process if he really wants to sign a max deal with the Celtics.     

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2018, 08:13:16 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Uh, yes he was
not by those that actual cover the league.  As Jimmy Butler was 3rd Team All NBA in the 2016-17 season.  Butler was 3rd Team again this past year.  He has also been 2nd Team All Defense 4 times including last year.  Butler finished last year in 10th place in MVP voting.  Gordon Hayward has never made a single All NBA Team of any kind and has never received votes for MVP.  Butler has made 4 straight all star teams as well, to Hayward's 1.  Butler has a 17.8% chance at the HOF.  Hayward is currently at 0.2%. 

Jimmy Butler is quite simply better than Gordon Hayward. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2018, 08:50:20 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Uh, yes he was
not by those that actual cover the league.  As Jimmy Butler was 3rd Team All NBA in the 2016-17 season.  Butler was 3rd Team again this past year.  He has also been 2nd Team All Defense 4 times including last year.  Butler finished last year in 10th place in MVP voting.  Gordon Hayward has never made a single All NBA Team of any kind and has never received votes for MVP.  Butler has made 4 straight all star teams as well, to Hayward's 1.  Butler has a 17.8% chance at the HOF.  Hayward is currently at 0.2%. 

Jimmy Butler is quite simply better than Gordon Hayward.
Lol, using things like All-NBA teams and popularity contests (which are obviously inherently unfair, considering Butler plays for one of the most storied franchises in the league) is laughable. Was Dame the best point guard in the league in 2018? Guys like DJ and Joakim Noah have made All-NBA teams, lol.

Also, using previous seasons is completely irrelevant. Gordon Hayward in 2016-2017 was awesome, particularly when one considers the incredibly slow pace and weak offensive options of that Utah team, which is something you seem to not be doing.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)