0 (0%)
davis
0 (0%)
jimmy butler
5 (55.6%)
mike conley
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: who is the next star to get traded?  (Read 918 times)

who is the next star to get traded?
« on: July 21, 2018, 04:03:37 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
didn't include Love because it's pretty obvious he'll get traded soon.

i'm going with Jimmy Buckets. I think half way through the season the knicks will make an offer to get Jimmy and try to convince him to resign with promises of a hard pursuit of Kyrie (think it'll work). If you're the wolves and you realize you're a first round exit at best and Jimmy probably won't resign, it'd be hard to turn down an offer of say Hardaway, Mudiay, and a first.

Wall is my sleeper here. I could see him as a Laker in the next year and a half or so. Unless you think Dwight Howard and Jeff Green will make the Wizards so good it compels him to stay lol.

Re: who is the next star to get traded?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 04:07:32 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I agree with Butler..he may pull a "Leonard" on the Wolves..if they start off bad then wouldnt b surprise he is traded..better get something than nothing
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 04:13:08 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Kyrie might be worthy of poll consideration.

With all the Knick talk and the talk of Kyrie on the table for Kawhi, I think DA would hope Kyrie wants to stay long term, but is NOT convinced.

You'd get pennies on the dollar for him, and the optimist in me wants to think he becomes the face of the franchise next year, we win a title, and he lives in Boston happily ever after.

However, Kyrie is one different cat, who didn't want to live in Bron Bron's shadow, both in terms of fan popularity and branding (guess they go hand in hand). The lure of NYC and his branding enhancement there AND the ego challenge of resurrecting a marquis franchise, I'm a very afraid, will be too much for him.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:40:18 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 04:17:45 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell

With all the Knick talk and the talk of the Kyrie on the table for Kawhi, I think DA would hope Kyrie wants to stay long term, but is NOT convinced.

You'd get pennies on the dollar for him, and the optimist in me wants to think he becomes the face of the franchise next year, we win a title, and he lives in Boston happily ever after.

However, Kyrie is one different cat, who didn't want to live in Bron Bron's shadow, both in terms of fan popularity and branding (guess they go hand in hand). The lure of NYC and his branding enhancement there AND the ego challenge of resurrecting a marquis franchise, I'm a very afraid, will be too much for him.

This is why I think the Knicks are a big threat to snag Kyrie. I also think he's one of the few guys in the league who isn't afraid of being "the guy" in NYC. It's obviously a tremendous amount of pressure, but Kyrie seems like a very mentally strong person to me.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 04:22:03 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
A trade rumor I heard on the Bill Simmons podcast was Aaron Gordon for CJ McCollum, makes sense to me if Isaac shows promise.  I’m not sure if either is a major star but it’s a good trade for both teams.

I know Gordon just resigned but they said it was similar to Blake where you need to resign them as you don’t want to lose them for nothing, but then you look to trade them. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 04:42:38 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

With all the Knick talk and the talk of the Kyrie on the table for Kawhi, I think DA would hope Kyrie wants to stay long term, but is NOT convinced.

This is why I think the Knicks are a big threat to snag Kyrie. I also think he's one of the few guys in the league who isn't afraid of being "the guy" in NYC. It's obviously a tremendous amount of pressure, but Kyrie seems like a very mentally strong person to me.

Exactly....my vote is that Kyrie could be the next star to be traded.

TP for the thread.

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 05:15:16 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
A trade rumor I heard on the Bill Simmons podcast was Aaron Gordon for CJ McCollum, makes sense to me if Isaac shows promise.  I’m not sure if either is a major star but it’s a good trade for both teams.

I know Gordon just resigned but they said it was similar to Blake where you need to resign them as you don’t want to lose them for nothing, but then you look to trade them.

I’d probably do that trade if I was both teams. McCollum exactly the type of player the magic need if they want to sniff the playoffs. Gordon is good for he blazers because of how weak they are at the 3/4.

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 05:34:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
The one that asks out.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip