Author Topic: Celtics waive Nader  (Read 3345 times)

Re: Celtics waive Nader
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2018, 05:16:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Win some, lose some..with Nader, ainge lost
Nader was a late 2nd rounder. I am not sure you can lose when a late 2nd rounder doesn't work out. Its the most probable outcome by a wide margin.

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2018, 05:56:43 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
Abdel was a longshot from the start for sure.  He played well in Maine and got his shot.  I don't really understand the hate and negativity. 

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2018, 06:08:47 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
I think, in general, the board was pretty hard on the guy.  A late second rounder trying to develope on a team contending for a title is a tough ask.  Every mistake criticized unmercifully, when the same mistakes by rotation players are forgiven or rationalized.  Every minute of almost every game we played was crucial, so mistakes just were difficult to tolerate.  On the Nets, or Kings, or other bad team I think he would've been given leeway to develope and improve, and become a useful player.
So thanks Abdel for the effort.  Hope you can get picked up by another NBA team and be given another chance.  You've got some good skills that can be developed by a team that can use a bit more patience!

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2018, 09:18:03 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I don't really understand the hate and negativity.

Probably has to do with the way he was being overrated on this board. One poster was comparing him to IT while asking if he could be better than Brown. I don't think there would've been any pushback if some posters didn't overhype his G-League performances.

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2018, 10:50:38 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
ohhh why? he was so good.

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2018, 10:53:10 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I don't really understand the hate and negativity.

Probably has to do with the way he was being overrated on this board. One poster was comparing him to IT while asking if he could be better than Brown. I don't think there would've been any pushback if some posters didn't overhype his G-League performances.

Really, due to a single poster? I think you’re projecting your annoyance at a forum contributor onto Nader.

Nader wasn’t good enough, but we didn’t lose anything because of him.  He was the 14th/15th man all season, and as pick 58 in a draft, what should anyone have expected?  And he did have a good G-League season, winning it’s ROY award.  If you watched his G-League performances, there was legitimately stuff to like.  (There was also his defense as a glaring flaw that I pointed out to said Nader champion, but oh well.)

It’s fine to let fans here root for underdogs as well.  It’s fun — people liked rooting for Phil Pressey, they liked rooting for Nader, some like rooting for Jabari Bird.  There’s no reason to hate on a player or the posters who see the best in him — you can ignore it and move on.  Impartial analysis told us he probably wouldn’t make it, and that should be enough to just let it go.

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2018, 11:59:44 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Good. Couldn't stand watching him play. Always made me tense up inside with his absolute lack of BBIQ
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)