Author Topic: Michael Beasley signs with Lakers (shams)  (Read 5853 times)

Re: Michael Beasley signs with Lakers (shams)
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 08:28:04 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Geez lakers keep getting all these knuckleheads
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2018, 09:00:39 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
All boneheaded enough to take on year deals and clear the cap for the year after.

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2018, 09:38:41 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
They're stocking up their firepower for Kawhi Leonard next summer.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2018, 09:43:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
They're stocking up their firepower for Kawhi Leonard next summer.
wonder if they’ll target klay Thompson too. Klay doesn’t get paid off the court like curry and Durant so he can’t take a paycut

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2018, 10:34:51 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I love what LeBron/LAL are doing.  Feels like he's embracing the villain role from back in his Miami days.  GS has built the model team for the league, and keeps adding to it?  I'm going to stockpile a core of the knuckleheads and cast-offs that noone else wanted, and beat you with them.

An underrated aspect is that these guys really haven't been idiots of late, and more, they're all dirt dogs -- part of the reason they were difficult was b/c of how competitive they are, and that hasn't changed.

Beasley/McGree don't fit that particular mold like Rondo and Lance, but Beasley was a nice pick-up.  He can flat out score the ball from the bench at virtually no cost, and he plays with a ton of generally rational confidence. 

Since LeBron's not our problem anymore, I'm looking forward to seeing how these guys fare, especially in the playoffs.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2018, 10:52:33 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I love what LeBron/LAL are doing.  Feels like he's embracing the villain role from back in his Miami days.  GS has built the model team for the league, and keeps adding to it?  I'm going to stockpile a core of the knuckleheads and cast-offs that noone else wanted, and beat you with them.

An underrated aspect is that these guys really haven't been idiots of late, and more, they're all dirt dogs -- part of the reason they were difficult was b/c of how competitive they are, and that hasn't changed.

Beasley/McGree don't fit that particular mold like Rondo and Lance, but Beasley was a nice pick-up.  He can flat out score the ball from the bench at virtually no cost, and he plays with a ton of generally rational confidence. 

Since LeBron's not our problem anymore, I'm looking forward to seeing how these guys fare, especially in the playoffs.

I don't think Lebron is portraying a villain role with the Lakers. Aside from us Cs and his critics, I don't think anyone see this as bad as his first "Decision". Why? Because he didn't join a star studded team this time around. No all-star players to join in either.

GSW right now is the biggest heel team on the league with KD leading the pack. And Cleveland fans didn't leave sour notes for him either.

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2018, 11:05:14 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

I don't think Lebron is portraying a villain role with the Lakers. Aside from us Cs and his critics, I don't think anyone see this as bad as his first "Decision". Why? Because he didn't join a star studded team this time around. No all-star players to join in either.

GSW right now is the biggest heel team on the league with KD leading the pack. And Cleveland fans didn't leave sour notes for him either.

I agree with you that he isn't being criticized for his decision to go to LA -- not quite what I meant.

But I remember that when he was challenged -- like he will be with this move, at least till next offseason -- he responded by using the doubt/dislike/etc to fuel his energy and motivation to succeed.  These moves make me think he's operating similarly heading into next season, in the way that he knows how.     

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2018, 11:16:24 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Read through this entire thread and finally found a comment that sees the forest through the trees.

The Lakers have certainly put themselves in a position where they could fail spectacularly, but they have also put themselves in a position where they could be a unique challenge to the elite teams in the league.

Worst case scenario it fails and honestly who cares? They are the premier free agent destination in 2019 and even if they can just keep two to three of these malcontents they could find themselves in a position to challenge the elite of the league.

As currently constructed, Boston is the only teams equipped to dethrone Golden State playing their own game.

Rockets are a threat because they've amassed sheer Talent around an MVP candidate.

Thunder are a threat because they have accepted exactly what they are and have a chance to show the league that it only takes the right personnel to overthrow a dynasty..

I'm even going to include Toronto as a threat because there is nothing that says that replacing DeRozan with Kawhi will be anything short of League shifting

Now the Lakers are the most unlikely Threat by throwing the Golden State strategy in the face of the rest of the league. They have a roster of unstoppable matchups that don't fit into the modern-day Paradigm of what makes good player.

Fascinating times we're living in. I for one hope so the Lakers succeed to show the league that there is more to life than the 3 point shot.

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 11:46:55 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Read through this entire thread and finally found a comment that sees the forest through the trees.

The Lakers have certainly put themselves in a position where they could fail spectacularly, but they have also put themselves in a position where they could be a unique challenge to the elite teams in the league.

Worst case scenario it fails and honestly who cares? They are the premier free agent destination in 2019 and even if they can just keep two to three of these malcontents they could find themselves in a position to challenge the elite of the league.

As currently constructed, Boston is the only teams equipped to dethrone Golden State playing their own game.

Rockets are a threat because they've amassed sheer Talent around an MVP candidate.

Thunder are a threat because they have accepted exactly what they are and have a chance to show the league that it only takes the right personnel to overthrow a dynasty..

I'm even going to include Toronto as a threat because there is nothing that says that replacing DeRozan with Kawhi will be anything short of League shifting

Now the Lakers are the most unlikely Threat by throwing the Golden State strategy in the face of the rest of the league. They have a roster of unstoppable matchups that don't fit into the modern-day Paradigm of what makes good player.

Fascinating times we're living in. I for one hope so the Lakers succeed to show the league that there is more to life than the 3 point shot.

The days of the traditional five positions are long gone. To win championships you need an elite small-ball lineup and 3-point shooting.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2018, 11:49:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2018, 12:35:35 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
That’s a crazy locker room. Beasley is a pretty useful player off the bench, though.

Deng, Roy, you just think that this dude is... the Beas knees ;) ::) ;D *groan*, don't you, lol? ;D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 01:01:02 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2018, 12:45:23 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
That’s a crazy locker room. Beasley is a pretty useful player off the bench, though.

Deng, Roy, you just think that this dude is the...Beas knees ;) ::) ;D *groan*, don't you, lol? ;D

Love it and expect Beas to compete for MVP status this year.  :D

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2018, 01:00:34 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Deng, Roy, you just think that this dude is...the Beas knees ;) ::) ;D *groan*, don't you, lol? ;D

Love it and expect Beas to compete for MVP status this year.  :D

HE. WILL. DOMINATE. ;D

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2018, 08:31:34 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I don't mean to jinx it, but I don't feel threatened by these Lakers. At least not in bball terms.

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2018, 09:37:20 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The media is treating this like it is a big win and move for LA.   Their LA bias is disturbing and will set them up for heartbreak.

LA got LeBron then discovered that no one wanted to play with him or demanded it.   They had a good off season because of the LeBron signing but other than that their moves were fiscally wise but very poor basketball wise.   If no one takes the bait next year they are going to be hurting and it is a distinct possibility.