Author Topic: Hayward update  (Read 7695 times)

Re: Hayward update
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2018, 08:18:42 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Key will be for Gordon to feel comfortable in traffic, not thinking about his ankle. That’s why 5/5 will be huge.

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2018, 04:01:41 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
All-Star Gordon Hayward is an upcoming shoe free agent that will receive major interest from several brands.

New Balance is expected to be a wild card. The Celtics’ new 70,000 sq foot Auerbach Center practice facility is actually located at the New Balance HQ in Boston.

https://twitter.com/nickdepaula/status/1021826318281859072?s=21

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2018, 04:20:22 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I don't know how Brad Stevens will be able to keep a shet eating grin off his face for the first month of the season. He will start to resemble the Joker, if he's not careful, with all the goodies he got this year. Just roll the ball out there coach. No need for set plays. Let them run and gun.

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2018, 04:32:15 PM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
I don't know how Brad Stevens will be able to keep a shet eating grin off his face for the first month of the season. He will start to resemble the Joker, if he's not careful, with all the goodies he got this year. Just roll the ball out there coach. No need for set plays. Let them run and gun.
That's what makes Brad great.  He'll have no problem focusing on what the team needs to do to improve.

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2018, 02:13:43 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I don't have high expectations for the first half of the season, maybe even until the playoffs.

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2018, 02:23:30 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I hope Coach Stevens (and Danny) enjoys this roster.

There have been SO MANY changes...players leaving, coming, etc....

With Hayward (and Kyrie) back in the fold, we are READY.

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2018, 05:42:18 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Got me thinking....  Not really so many changes -- opening day roster last year included Hayward, Irving, Brown, Tatum, Morris, Horford, Smart, Rozier, Theis, Semi, Yabu -- all who will be here on Day one this year.

Nonetheless -- you are correct, it will be a whole new story from the end of last year with healthy GH, KI and Theis.  And with JB, JT and TR continuing to grow as players.   

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2018, 05:51:38 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Got me thinking....  Not really so many changes -- opening day roster last year included Hayward, Irving, Brown, Tatum, Morris, Horford, Smart, Rozier, Theis, Semi, Yabu -- all who will be here on Day one this year.

Nonetheless -- you are correct, it will be a whole new story from the end of last year with healthy GH, KI and Theis.  And with JB, JT and TR continuing to grow as players.

Morris wasn’t in opening day roster last year was he?

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2018, 05:54:37 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

Traded for Avery before the season.

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2018, 07:55:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yup. He was on the roster, but hurt and had the trial with Markieff, so he wasn't around much
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2018, 08:11:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Yup. He was on the roster, but hurt and had the trial with Markieff, so he wasn't around much

I should have elaborated and included the last several years of roster changes for Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge - from the time Brad took over until now.

We FINALLY have a roster now that can compete in June of next year and beyond.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 08:18:59 PM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2018, 08:48:03 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

I should have elaborated and included the last several years of roster changes for Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge - from the time Brad took over until now.

We FINALLY have a roster now that can compete in June of next year and beyond.

Yes -- huge change from just 2 years ago. Can't wait!!

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2018, 10:39:02 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I am so ready for this season.  Bring Hayward along slowly if need be, get us all healthy and clicking before the all star break and lets see how far we can go.

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2018, 11:28:33 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'd love for him to come back like Superman too, but I think this is going to take more time and preparation than some of you think.

Dealing with both the mental and physical side of things. I'm thinking of him hopefully being close to 100% by the all-star break. The Celtics should take this slowly minute wise.

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2018, 01:52:53 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I'd love for him to come back like Superman too, but I think this is going to take more time and preparation than some of you think.

Dealing with both the mental and physical side of things. I'm thinking of him hopefully being close to 100% by the all-star break. The Celtics should take this slowly minute wise.
As long has he plays out of his world in the NBA finals. Is all I hope for in Him.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek