Do the Celtics win at least 60 games this year

Yes.
44 (60.3%)
No.
3 (4.1%)
Yes If Hayward and Irving are healthy.
26 (35.6%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Poll: Do the Celtics win 60 games this year  (Read 4052 times)

Re: Poll: Do the Celtics win 60 games this year
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2018, 06:25:23 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2018, 06:33:07 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Yeah, I think so.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2018, 06:34:28 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
In the Sacramento thread someone posted the projected win totals for all the teams. I saw that Toronto was second to Golden State with a projected win total of 61+ and the C's at 56 or so. No way the C's win less than 60 games if everyone stays healthy, even if they rest and/or play their starters less minutes than usual.

We were decimated with injuries this past season. Hayward from the get. Morris was hobbled early. Kyrie and Theis season ending knee surgeries. Marcus two separate hand injuries.

And we still won 55 and came within a game of the Finals.

Assuming we ease Gordon and Kyrie back (not playing both of a b2b), I think the growth of Tatum, Brown, and even Rozier will be significant.

Once we are firing on all cyclinders, watch out. If we stay healthy we could make a run at the 68-win franchise record. I think we are that good and that balanced. We have scorers. We have defenders. We can go big or small. We are deep. We are well-coached. I really don’t see a weakness.

Looking forward to seeing our schedule in a few weeks.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2018, 06:39:49 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Seriously - would someone voting no explain your reasons??? How do you get there?

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2018, 06:40:39 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
yes I think so what do I know it's just my opinion

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2018, 06:41:07 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Yep

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2018, 06:44:02 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Seriously - would someone voting no explain your reasons??? How do you get there?

It’s difficult to win 60 games in a season.  Only 1-2 teams a year typically do it.  So while 60 feels within reach, it also seems like something that the team could easily fall short of.

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2018, 07:14:28 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
More importantly, how many games can we take from GS?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 06:44:53 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
In the Sacramento thread someone posted the projected win totals for all the teams. I saw that Toronto was second to Golden State with a projected win total of 61+ and the C's at 56 or so. No way the C's win less than 60 games if everyone stays healthy, even if they rest and/or play their starters less minutes than usual.

We were decimated with injuries this past season. Hayward from the get. Morris was hobbled early. Kyrie and Theis season ending knee surgeries. Marcus two separate hand injuries.

Assuming we ease Gordon and Kyrie back (not playing both of a b2b), I think the growth of Tatum, Brown, and even Rozier will be significant.

Once we are firing on all cyclinders, watch out. If we stay healthy we could make a run at the 68-win franchise record. I think we are that good and that balanced. We have scorers. We have defenders. We can go big or small. We are deep. We are well-coached. I really don’t see a weakness.

The only weakness we have, and it's not really a weakness but a luxury, is that we don't have a 6th man of the year candidate (Marcus ain't really it). We could use a drop-dead shooter/scorer off the bench. A Lou Williams "type" or even a Kyle Korver. But yeah, I don't see much in where we won't win more than "56" games. Toronto has been our kryptonyte recently so I want to see how the C's fare against them this as well as the renewed rivalry with Philly.

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2018, 06:49:25 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

Jk. Assuming health (with smart playing time) mark me down for 64 wins.
#JKJB

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2018, 07:11:11 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

The only weakness we have, and it's not really a weakness but a luxury, is that we don't have a 6th man of the year candidate (Marcus ain't really it). We could use a drop-dead shooter/scorer off the bench. A Lou Williams "type" or even a Kyle Korver. But yeah, I don't see much in where we won't win more than "56" games. Toronto has been our kryptonyte recently so I want to see how the C's fare against them this as well as the renewed rivalry with Philly.
That's Terry Rozier, no?

As far as weakness, I think the frontcourt could use another guy.  RW3 is not going to contribute that much this season and I'm hoping Daniel Theis shows better consistency.  In other words, they need a decent replacement for Greg Monroe who can play defense and hit a few shots.

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2018, 07:12:39 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

I have a feeling that Stevens will try to utilize Hayward as our 2nd unit scorer during the early parts of the season.  I can see Hayward going to the bench somewhere around the 5:00-6:00 minute mark in the first quarter with Smart replacing him.  Horford probably follows too with Baynes coming in.  Morris can then come in for Jaylen and/or Tatum.  I like the idea of keeping Kyrie + Tatum/Jaylen on the court for the majority of the first quarter. 

I see our early second quarter lineup as follows:

Rozier
Smart
Hayward
Morris
Horford 

This is how I envision our lineup in an ideal situation.  Kyrie should play most of the 1st and rest for half of the 2nd quarter.  Jaylen or Tatum can come right back in for Smart at the 9:00-10:00 minute mark of the 2nd.

We don't need a lights out 6th man if Brad finds the right lineup combinations.

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2018, 07:28:54 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
More importantly, how many games can we take from GS?

6. The Max.

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2018, 12:22:16 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

I have a feeling that Stevens will try to utilize Hayward as our 2nd unit scorer during the early parts of the season.  I can see Hayward going to the bench somewhere around the 5:00-6:00 minute mark in the first quarter with Smart replacing him.  Horford probably follows too with Baynes coming in.  Morris can then come in for Jaylen and/or Tatum.  I like the idea of keeping Kyrie + Tatum/Jaylen on the court for the majority of the first quarter. 

I see our early second quarter lineup as follows:

Rozier
Smart
Hayward
Morris
Horford 

This is how I envision our lineup in an ideal situation.  Kyrie should play most of the 1st and rest for half of the 2nd quarter.  Jaylen or Tatum can come right back in for Smart at the 9:00-10:00 minute mark of the 2nd.

We don't need a lights out 6th man if Brad finds the right lineup combinations.

I think this too. You saw in the playoffs or in the regular season Brad would take tatum out early and then put him with the 2nd unit. Now you can do that with so many combinations that you can always have 2 starters on the floor.

No more worrying about scoring.

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2018, 01:15:33 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323