Author Topic: Need Opinions - Should I Call CPS on My Neighbors?  (Read 7138 times)

Re: Need Opinions - Should I Call CPS on My Neighbors?
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2018, 04:18:03 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
you should seriously think about moving.
^this.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2018, 07:48:43 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Isn't the hot temperature in July a reason FOR the child to be naked?
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2018, 08:02:45 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I'm more concerned about the domestic violence you've witnessed than the naked children (at least in July; November is a different story).

I have a very low opinion of CPS in general, and with all the police involvement they should have already been called.  At the same time, as far as children are involved, it's better to be safe than sorry.  If you're worried about the kids, forget about all of the other stuff, and make a call.  Whatever the hassle that comes from it, it's a lot better than the alternative:  not making a call, and then having something happen that perhaps could have been prevented.

-Agreed with Roy's take. If you are worried, make the call.

-Naked kids running around isn't an issue per se, but coupled with all the back history, it would make me wonder about how well they are being cared for.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2018, 09:47:24 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I'd like to point out that all these posts about my naked child turning into stripper based on her enjoyment of naked time are not funny.

Now, on the other hand, if it were somebody else's kid, I'd be laughing my a*s off. :)

Seriously, they just don't tell you this stuff about before your children are born. I was the world's greatest parent before I had kids. There would be minimal sugar, no screen time and perfectly behaved kids in the company of other adults.

I was so adorably naive.

Mike

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2018, 10:03:15 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
If it were me, I'd assess the urgency of action.

If urgent: called the appropriate authorities and prepare to move asap

If not urgent: move (whenever you want), then call the authorities soon after leaving

It sounds like you're worried about the safety of your family. If that's the case, I'd get out of there and make sure that the neighbor's kids are taken care of after your family is safe.

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2018, 10:06:51 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
a naked toddler running around the yard doesn't bother me at all.  In fact that is a great potty training method for a kid of that age range.  Now sure outside is a bit more concerning, but as long as someone is watching the kid, I don't really think that is a big deal at all. 

The criminal things though are a much bigger concern. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2018, 10:14:44 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Bake them cookies and bring them over.

When I first moved to my new house, I was dealing with the same sort of thing with my neighbors bordering our property. They were having loud parties, trashing my yard etc. I had my wife bake up some cookies and I bought them over with my (at the time) 4 year old. "Hello, we are your neighbors next door. We are new to the neighborhood. We just wanted to introduce ourselves". etc. Kill them with kindness.

Not one party since.

It should also be noted that the woman that greeted us when we brought over the cookies was all apologetic about the partying and everything, and I didn't even bring it up.

Tried and failed, and they just took advantage of our kindness.

We’ve been as kind and friendly with them as possible in all of our interactions. We’ve given them old clothes and toys for their kids; watched their kids before and let them play over at our house; on at least a dozen occasions helped them out at their request - jumping their car, giving them diapers, letting them use chargers and other lawn equipment, etc. And much more. And after all of the crap that they’ve put us through - hitting my car, waking us up in the middle of the night on weekdays in their drunken fights, having their fights spill into our yard and one time even into our house - they’ve never ONCE apologized to us.

I’m telling you, they’re just lowly, not good people. I try and give people the benefit of the doubt, but I also realize that some people truly just are lost abd not good people. After a year’s worth of putting up with this crap, it’s clear that they are in the latter camp.

And that makes it all the more difficult. They’re not reasonable people and don’t even realize how they’re affecting their neighbors, because they don’t know any better, meaning you simply can’t reason with them, as everyone who has tried has been threatened, which is why everyone just calls the police on a semi-daily basis anymore.

Frustrating.

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2018, 10:17:38 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

When I first moved to my new house, I was dealing with the same sort of thing with my neighbors bordering our property. They were having loud parties, trashing my yard etc. I had my wife bake up some cookies and I bought them over with my (at the time) 4 year old. "Hello, we are your neighbors next door. We are new to the neighborhood. We just wanted to introduce ourselves". etc. Kill them with kindness.

Not one party since.

It should also be noted that the woman that greeted us when we brought over the cookies was all apologetic about the partying and everything, and I didn't even bring it up.

We’ve been as kind and friendly with them as possible in all of our interactions. We’ve given them old clothes and toys for their kids; watched their kids before and let them play over at our house; on at least a dozen occasions helped them out at their request - jumping their car, giving them diapers, letting them use chargers and other lawn equipment, etc. And much more. And after all of the crap that they’ve put us through - hitting my car, waking us up in the middle of the night on weekdays in their drunken fights, having their fights spill into our yard and one time even into our house - they’ve never ONCE apologized to us.

I’m telling you, they’re just lowly, not good people. I try and give people the benefit of the doubt, but I also realize that some people truly just are lost abd not good people. After a year’s worth of putting up with this crap, it’s clear that they are in the latter camp.

And that makes it all the more difficult. They’re not reasonable people and don’t even realize how they’re affecting their neighbors, because they don’t know any better, meaning you simply can’t reason with them, as everyone who has tried has been threatened, which is why everyone just calls the police on a semi-daily basis anymore.

Frustrating.

Hello Potter, May I ask the age bracket of these degenerates, And do you have an HOA? I'm guessing no.

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2018, 10:19:06 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
If 4-9 months if your time frame, then you may have to ride it out. It sounds like more of a pain to move your family twice in such a compressed time period.

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2018, 10:33:29 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
If 4-9 months if your time frame, then you may have to ride it out. It sounds like more of a pain to move your family twice in such a compressed time period.

Exactly lol It’d be no problem to move if we were here on a more permanent basis, but that’d be a lot of hassle to ask of my wife and kids given our timeframe, especially given that we’ve moved four times in the last four years due to my education, needing a bigger place with the birth of our son, and now last year the Fellowship.

Further, given our financial restrictions (living on a Fellow’s salary at this point) and lack of family or other significant social support in the area due to living across the country from our families, it just doesn’t make sense to move at this time.

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2018, 10:41:52 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Not one party since.

Frustrating.

Hello Potter, May I ask the age bracket of these degenerates, And do you have an HOA? I'm guessing no.

No HOA.

The family contains two parents, probably in their fifties. The husband is a drunk and regularly gets thrown in the drunk tank, and the wife almost never comes out of the house, as she has two warrants out for her arrest.

The kids involve a 14 year old son (who isn’t really a problem at all), a 17 year old daughter (who is the mother of the 2 year old and 7 month old), her bf in his early 20s (who is the drug abuser and aggressive one), and another early 20s son (who just moved back and had the fight with his ex-gf that led to my car being hit).

I think they also have a recently estranged daughter with a very cute little six year old girl who used to always play with my daughter, but is no longer around.

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2018, 10:53:31 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Need more for CPS to do something beyond knocking on a door. So probably not worth it