Author Topic: Shams and Woj Bomb both reporting Kawhi to Raptors for Demar all but done deal.  (Read 27733 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Though we rarely see this unless the player is really injured

what happens if both Demar and Kawhi avoid passing physicals (just don't show up)

Trade is rescinded ?  or suspension without pay? 

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Kawhi should stay with the Raptors long-term, so he doesn't have to go to the Lakers next year.

Although that'd give Boston some troubles...another top eastern conference rival to deal with for multiple years.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

what happens if both Demar and Kawhi avoid passing physicals (just don't show up)

The teams can waive the physical or unwind the trade. The players involved can be fined.

Given the press conference and public nature of this I am betting it would go through anyways.

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Sporting News reporting he may sit than play for Toronto (i dont believe he will)...but if he does, Silver should suspend him for 2 years
Doesn't the Commissioner have broad discretion in such matters? If so he could also block Kawhi from going to LA. It would be a good statement to make. I'm sure the owners aren't happy at this saga and don't want Kawhi setting a new precedent.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

The teams can waive the physical or unwind the trade. The players involved can be fined.

Given the press conference and public nature of this I am betting it would go through anyways.

true

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Sporting News reporting he may sit than play for Toronto (i dont believe he will)...but if he does, Silver should suspend him for 2 years
Doesn't the Commissioner have broad discretion in such matters? If so he could also block Kawhi from going to LA. It would be a good statement to make. I'm sure the owners aren't happy at this saga and don't want Kawhi setting a new precedent.
He does not.

While there is a vague blanket power granted in the NBA constitution, the commissioner has limited power to limit FA movement. Only if tampering were proven via the official process could he stop Kawhi from going to LA.

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Couldn't Kawhi Leonard sue the NBA for that?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)