Author Topic: Shams and Woj Bomb both reporting Kawhi to Raptors for Demar all but done deal.  (Read 27773 times)

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Kawhi is a complete brat but I totally understand not wanting to play for Toronto...Lowry is ancient, Ibaka regresses every season, and valnciunas is just meh. On top of that an unproven first year coach.

Sure but he's 27 and only has one year on his contract and then he can do whatever he wants.

Sitting out a year would be the stupidest thing imaginable. He's already lost the money he could've made with a supermax. If he then forfeits the money he'd make this year by sitting out (assuming the Raptors just fine him into oblivion) then comes his free agency. Is there any team in the league that's going to bid on him at all, knowing he just wants to play in LA? Is LA going to bid against themselves to max out Leonard if they don't have to?

And for what? What is Kawhi's endgame here? To make less money and win fewer games and have no fans like you?

Leonard already lost a lot of money. And now he refuses to play for one of the league's best teams.  I'm sure at some point he will give in as the pressure will keep building up.

I also don't see what alternative endgame might be here.

He'll play. Question is how much will his heart be into it, and how much does he just biding time until he wears the P&G?

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Kawhi is a complete brat but I totally understand not wanting to play for Toronto...Lowry is ancient, Ibaka regresses every season, and valnciunas is just meh. On top of that an unproven first year coach.

Sure but he's 27 and only has one year on his contract and then he can do whatever he wants.

Sitting out a year would be the stupidest thing imaginable. He's already lost the money he could've made with a supermax. If he then forfeits the money he'd make this year by sitting out (assuming the Raptors just fine him into oblivion) then comes his free agency. Is there any team in the league that's going to bid on him at all, knowing he just wants to play in LA? Is LA going to bid against themselves to max out Leonard if they don't have to?

And for what? What is Kawhi's endgame here? To make less money and win fewer games and have no fans like you?

Leonard already lost a lot of money. And now he refuses to play for one of the league's best teams.  I'm sure at some point he will give in as the pressure will keep building up.

I also don't see what alternative endgame might be here.

He'll play. Question is how much will his heart be into it, and how much does he just biding time until he wears the P&G?

we ll see at mid season ....if Raps are just using him to flip for draft picks and Lakers Ingram .   I think that will be what it costs the Lakers to ensure Phily doesn't get Kawhi .   

Lakers still stand to loose one of their four 40 million year Lebron seasons .   Leaving three and an older lazier and fat Lebron .  Father time is never ever beat .

What would be funny ... Leonard actually liked Toronto,  i ve heard its a nice place. 

LA an't winning th West without him,  so Lakers circus still on pins and needles waiting waiting waiting ...LOL

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Windhorst saying that the Raptors know that Leonard might not show up to the physical and that they actually consider waiving it. (wheres the popcorn emoji when you need it)

https://streamable.com/neflu

They’d be crazy unless they have something else up their sleeve, like trading him Dec. 15th (or whenever he’s eligible) to the Lakers.

yup.  Because if Lakers gave up what Spurs wanted, all this wouldn't have happened. What I mean is while Lakers won't give up Kuzma or Ingram now , they might change their mind come Dec

Come trade deadline (worst case) can see Masai hold both Lakers/Clippers hostage for best return

what would be hilarious is , if greedy OKC comes into play and somehow trades for Leonard

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
So, it actually went down barring a physical.

I dont think Toronro will have any leverage to flip him at the deadline.  LA teams can just wait.

But, Green was a sleep inclusion imo.  A defeveteran unit featuring Kawhi, Green, and Anunoby is pretty stout.  They can and probably should make the ECF this year.   So maybe it was worth rolling the dice.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

I dont think Toronro will have any leverage to flip him at the deadline.  LA teams can just wait.

But, Green was a sleep inclusion imo.  A defeveteran unit featuring Kawhi, Green, and Anunoby is pretty stout.  They can and probably should make the ECF this year.   So maybe it was worth rolling the dice.

It would be funny if Kawhi really does just want to go to LA and the earlier report that he doesn't want to play with LBJ because he wants his own team is true and, come mid season, Kawhi really doesn't want to be in Toronto but the Clippers are kind of frisky out west and Toronto flips him there, which Kawhi loves and the Lakers never get to sign him because he likes being the face of the Clippers so much and the Lakers wind up having to spend all their cap space on the mid-level scrubs Lebron had in Cleveland this past year and they just waste the remainder of Lebron's peak getting the 4th seed every year.

Just a thought.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Windhorst saying that the Raptors know that Leonard might not show up to the physical and that they actually consider waiving it. (wheres the popcorn emoji when you need it)

https://streamable.com/neflu

They’d be crazy unless they have something else up their sleeve, like trading him Dec. 15th (or whenever he’s eligible) to the Lakers.

yup.  Because if Lakers gave up what Spurs wanted, all this wouldn't have happened. What I mean is while Lakers won't give up Kuzma or Ingram now , they might change their mind come Dec

Come trade deadline (worst case) can see Masai hold both Lakers/Clippers hostage for best return

what would be hilarious is , if greedy OKC comes into play and somehow trades for Leonard

Yeah, Paul George for Leonard, now that would be funny!

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

LA teams can wait, and then duke it out against each other with their pitches. Or one can trade for him and be able to offer him a lot more money than anyone else. More money and team to himself may be the difference between Clippers and Lakers.
CELTICS 2024

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Sometimes I wonder about the mental health of Kawhi.

I've heard so many conflicting reports about what Kawhi wants, and what he doesn't want... subjects he won't speak about, and who he won't speak to anymore. He seldom smiles, he seldom interviews.

He must be a fun guy to share a locker room with.  :angel:

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Bad  trade for Toronto..if leonard signs with them its all good but we all know he isnt..why mess up something that was going great in toronto..spurs hit a grand slam with this trade..got a allstar, a center to replace Gasol when he retires and a 1st
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Excuse me they should make the finals this year? remember that team from Boston they're supposed to be pretty good.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Excuse me they should make the finals this year? remember that team from Boston they're supposed to be pretty good.

Said the ECF, not the Finals.  Already have boston penciled in there.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Lol at Rudy Gay and Derozan once again being on the same team because results ;D.

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Said the ECF, not the Finals.  Already have boston penciled in there.
Lowry is still pretty good defensively too. 

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
If Kawhi really wanted to play for the Lakers, he could have forced his way there this summer.

I doubt he ends up there in 12 months time.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If Kawhi really wanted to play for the Lakers, he could have forced his way there this summer.

I doubt he ends up there in 12 months time.

I think he’s still trying to force his way there, personally.