Author Topic: Shams and Woj Bomb both reporting Kawhi to Raptors for Demar all but done deal.  (Read 27751 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
One thing I'll say, the Raps GM is a cold-hearted SOB.  8)

seriously. Danny Jr.

Apparently he tried hard to keep Demar (Extension). Remember the rumors how the Lakers were in on trying to sign Demar (hometown).  And after a few seasons, see you later

That must have been one awkward phone call last night

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Well, there's definitely going to be a challenge for us in Toronto.

People keep dumping on the East, but to me, Toronto, Boston, Philly, Indiana, Milwaukee stack up pretty well against GSW, Houston, OK City, LA, Utah. Golden State is a cut above until somebody beats them, but does anybody think Houston vs. Toronto or Boston is a walkover? OKC vs. Philly or Indiana? I don't.

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

People keep dumping on the East, but to me, Toronto, Boston, Philly, Indiana, Milwaukee stack up pretty well against GSW, Houston, OK City, LA, Utah. Golden State is a cut above until somebody beats them, but does anybody think Houston vs. Toronto or Boston is a walkover? OKC vs. Philly or Indiana? I don't.

Totally agree. I never got the argument that the WC is better than the EC just because it attracts more stars.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Totally agree. I never got the argument that the WC is better than the EC just because it attracts more stars.

exactly. once upon a time yes

but not now

GSW
Celtics
76ers/Rockets

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If Leonard was not a rental he would be a Celtic already.

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

but not now

GSW
Celtics
76ers/Rockets

That’s a bit high for the Sixers. We practically swept them without Kyrie and Hayward, and if anything, they got worse this offseason.

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

but not now

GSW
Celtics
76ers/Rockets

GSW > Boston (until Boston proves otherwise this year)
Hou = Philly
LA = Tor
NOP = Mil
OKC = Was
UTA = Ind

After that, the Western conference is probably better than the East, with Portland, Minnesota, Denver, LAC, Dallas, Memphis, and the Suns being better than Detroit, Heat, Hornets, Bulls, and bottom dwellers.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

but not now

GSW
Celtics
76ers/Rockets

That’s a bit high for the Sixers. We practically swept them without Kyrie and Hayward, and if anything, they got worse this offseason.

How did they get worst? Everybody is back

They also got a nice prospect with 10th pick

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

but not now

GSW
Celtics
76ers/Rockets

They lost two of their best outside shooting vets, Ilyasova and Belinelli. They were mediocre last year until those two guys joined the team

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

but not now

GSW
Celtics
76ers/Rockets

I think they got worse from a competitive standpoint, because the Celtics, Warriors, and now Lakers improved. HOU has also gotten worse, from this perspective.

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

but not now

GSW
Celtics
76ers/Rockets

I think they got worse from a competitive standpoint, because the Celtics, Warriors, and now Lakers improved. HOU has also gotten worse, from this perspective.

Yep. Raptors and Wizards improved too. And Houston also lost a few key rotation guys.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

The West is significantly better and deeper than the East. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
jpotter, Kawhi is a much better scorer than DeRozan though.

I really don’t see this argument at all. Derozan has been a much more consistent scorer over his career than Leonard, and I see Derozan as a clearly more gifted pure scorer than Leonard, even if Leonard is the better shooter.

I mean, hell, Leonard has not once been able to outscore Derozan over the course of a full season.

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
LULZ..

Sources tell SN's @SeanDeveney Kawhi Leonard has "no interest" in the Raptors and could sit out. https://readsn.com/2Nomlo6

Why would any C's fan want this weirdo at this point

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906