Author Topic: Shams and Woj Bomb both reporting Kawhi to Raptors for Demar all but done deal.  (Read 28008 times)

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Heck if Kawhi is still they same guy I can see the Raptors beating out the C's for the 1 seed too.

I agree.  Toronto has been an excellent regular season team lately and just got better.  They've got a lot of solid depth to weather any injuries.  Not the best team in the East IMO, but would not surprise me if they finished first in regular season.

And if they finish first so be it. They won't beat Boston in a 7 game series.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Be curious how the trade impacts Vegas odds for 2019 championship. Boston go down slightly, since road to finals just got tougher?  Did Laker odds drop significantly, since betting line factored in that KL could wind up in LA?

My son laid out $100 bucks for me in Vegas this weekend on the Celtics, when the odds were 5 1/2 to 1.

Still like my chances!!!

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
What hurts more: this or the IT trade?

I mean, DD didn’t want to leave Toronto either and he probably thought he’d make his legacy there. Sounds like he got blindsided by the trade too. For a guy who might not even stay beyond a year!
- LilRip

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Haha yeah, that'll probably seal it. 

Sounds like DeRozan is very upset with Toronto, thinks he was lied to about being traded. Not a new story for guys getting traded the first time, and he's probably right about the lying. But that's the league. Shoulda won more playoff games, guy.
Yeah I don't get why GMs don't take the Ainge tact and just say everyone is available if it makes the team better.

Easy enough to say no trade is cooking but you know my default line since I've been here, everyone can be traded.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Boston finishes first in the East...Philly and Raps have to play each other in the second round. Sets up nicely for the Celtics.

Jumping the gun there, Orlando.

Exactly. Worst thing that could happen to Celts happened.

Leonard is like another Lebron. People already forget

Not a chance man. James on another level.

How is this the worst thing that could have happened to the Celtics? Boston adding 2 all stars to a young core that went 7 with the best player in the world? And then James leaves the East? I will take that trade off everyday.

You already forgot

Leonard is just a tad below but younger and better defender

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
We got a fun division to watch this year.
Boston finishes first in the East...Philly and Raps have to play each other in the second round. Sets up nicely for the Celtics.
(...) you can book Raps v Celtics on opening night
C’s will be on opening night.  Question is will it be Toronto or Philly as an opponent.
Opening night can't come soon enough! It's gonna be a hell of a season! 8)

Imo the Sixers lost 2 key pieces in Belinelli-Ilyasova. Simmons needs deadly shooters around him in order to be effective. The Raps are gonna be good, no doubt about that. As things stand right now, I still fancy the C's for the No. 1 seed.

Let's go C's!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:50:05 AM by Jvalin »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

How is this the worst thing that could have happened to the Celtics? Boston adding 2 all stars to a young core that went 7 with the best player in the world? And then James leaves the East? I will take that trade off everyday.

You already forgot

Haven't forgot anything. But Leonard is oft hurt. And James owned the Celtics. I will take that deal.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I mean, DD didn’t want to leave Toronto either and he probably thought he’d make his legacy there. Sounds like he got blindsided by the trade too. For a guy who might not even stay beyond a year!
IT trade, DeRozen is still getting paid.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Bottom line is he didnt perform in the playoffs

Masai had enough. You also never see a coach of the year fired

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Bottom line is he didnt perform in the playoffs

Masai had enough. You also never see a coach of the year fired

Think you need to put a bit more on Lowery. He NEVER shows up on the big stage of the playoffs.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

You already forgot

Haven't forgot anything. But Leonard is oft hurt. And James owned the Celtics. I will take that deal.

Leonard has been recently injured. Not previously

Well Leonard owns the Celtics too. He has dominated against the Celts in the past

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

You already forgot

Well Leonard owns the Celtics too. He has dominated against the Celts in the past

Nowhere near like Lebron. If you think this makes Toronto better than Boston, that is your right. But I would much rather have Leonard as Boston's main obstacle than Lebron.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

You already forgot

I’m pretty sure Leonard hasn’t played against the Kyrie, Tatum et al version of the Celtics

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
I don't see how you could see it as anything other than good for the Lakers...Send Kawhi to a team that he probably won't stay at long term, see how healthy he is, and give up none of your young players/picks.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

You already forgot

I’m pretty sure Leonard hasn’t played against the Kyrie, Tatum et al version of the Celtics

Lebron hasnt either