Author Topic: Shams and Woj Bomb both reporting Kawhi to Raptors for Demar all but done deal.  (Read 27747 times)

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Done deal

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I like the move for San Antonio. I think Pop will be good for DeRozan.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Keeps him off Philly. Good stuff

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Kudos to Spurs for NOT rebuilding the hated Lakers .

Lakers fans still guaranteeing they land Kawhi 2019 .......so i ask them did PG13  or their scared cow CP3 laeve .....NooooO      A year is a long time .  Kawhi will be THE MAN in Canada .  Maybe he grow to like the attention.

Lakers fans boiling over with hate right now.

it would be just great if he ends up leaving for LA in a year....,clips lol

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Kudos to Moranis. He predicted Toronto would be good suitor before the rumors started.

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
We expected Kawhi to follow Duncan's footsteps. He followed Alvin Robertson's instead.

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Who else is included in this deal to make it work? A straight Derozan-Leonard swap doesn't seem to work to me?

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Who else is included in this deal to make it work? A straight Derozan-Leonard swap doesn't seem to work to me?

i read a report OG Anunoby may be part of deal. 

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'll have to ask Saltlover on this, but I had a discussion on this that had the Raptors potentially getting two max slots for 2020's FA+a bit more cap if Kawhi bolts. If this is true, this is an awesome deal for Toronto as it improves them this year for contention and allows them to properly rebuild if everything doesn't work out by tanking for a year or two and then go for big FAs.

Yes, assuming this deal happens (and it’s unclear what is in addition to DeMar/Lowry, but there’s something because the salaries don’t work), the Raptors look to only have Powell and Anunoby under contract entering the summer of 2020 (plus any other draft picks they make).  So they would certainly have room for two max players and the ability to add a role player or two with cap space.  And if they hang onto Kawhi, one max player.  All that said, I’m not certain what the free agency market will look like in 2020, both in terms of available players and bidding competitors.

Also, if Kawhi leaves, they will not be a tax team next year.  With Derozan, they likely would have without additional moves, so there’s a mild benefit there.  They could potentially tank for a season by doing a sell-off, or they could keep competing as a mid-level playoff team before rebuilding in 2020 free agency (kind of like the Celtics last off-season).

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

i read a report OG Anunoby may be part of deal.

I said Kawhi/Green for DeRozan/OG yesterday.  We’ll see if I have the players correct.

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Raptors just burned down their future for a rental. And they still will not be good enough to beat Boston.

And you can book Raps v Celtics on opening night

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Kudos to Spurs for NOT rebuilding the hated Lakers .

Lakers fans still guaranteeing they land Kawhi 2019 .......so i ask them did PG13  or their scared cow CP3 laeve .....NooooO      A year is a long time .  Kawhi will be THE MAN in Canada .  Maybe he grow to like the attention.

Lakers fans boiling over with hate right now.

Fams forum once Lebron signed ......they were all giddy .....everybody wants to play for Lakers and Lebron ...we have the best player in the world ...who wouldn't want to play here .    Apparently CP3 . Boogie,  PG3 .   And Kawhi has a year to think on his selfish behavior .   

Lakers say they have the Best player ...yeah ...and he will be one of the oldest too .  One injury and 150 million down the drain at his age . The contract is blown.

Lebron was after LA business deals , TV etc ,  he would have went somewhere else to actually win a ring . 
it would be just great if he ends up leaving for LA in a year....,clips lol

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Raptors just burned down their future for a rental. And they still will not be good enough to beat Boston.

C’s will be on opening night.  Question is will it be Toronto or Philly as an opponent.

I don’t think the Raps burned down their future.  They decided DeRozan/Lowry wasn’t the answer, so are swinging for the fences with Kawhi, hoping that 11 months and Bird rights will sell him on Toronto.  It’s a risk, but as Ainge has said, the opportunity to get MVP talents comes along rarely, and you take that chance if you can.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Move makes sense for Raptors. They weren’t getting by Boston standing pat. Now they have a shot if Kawhi is healthy. I suspect has been given assurances he is, or trade conditioned on medical exam.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

If they can keep OG I think its a good blow up trade as they could possibly hope for.

If OG is in the deal I think its a big win for the Spurs.