Author Topic: Shams and Woj Bomb both reporting Kawhi to Raptors for Demar all but done deal.  (Read 27759 times)

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Wowzers!

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Toronto is a huge market. Drake has the hottest song and album in the country right now. Hopefully this keeps Kawhi out of LA
The only color that matters is GREEN

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Perfect

Always claimed Kawhi is overrated under Pop buff. that he is equal a player as Hayward under Stevens

We should see the answer soon

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
This could turn into a dumpster fire real quick.  Wouldn't surprise me if Kawhi refuses to go to Toronto or conceivably doesn't pass his physical and the trade is rescinded.  Demar is not happy either LOL.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Moving DeRozan defeats the purpose of trading for Kawhi.  They're now just a tougher, but still definitive, out in the playoffs.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Lol I bet Kawhi is happy ::)

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Can't blame Toronto for going after Leonard, even if it's most likely a one year run.  It's time for them to turn the page on the Lowry and DeRozan era.  I honestly don't think DeRozan's value would have been very high after another season ending in playoff disappointment.

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
This is a great move for Spurs. Just replaced a disgruntled player that hasn't played for you in basically 2 seasons for a perennial all star scorer. Derozan has warts but any reason to think that Pop can't make him better in that system?

For Toronto, it's basically one more swing at a finals run and pray they can somehow convince Kawhi. Otherwise, it will be a firesale/rebuild in their near future.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Lakers no get .....Kawhi , CP3 or PG , No Boogie

stuck with 158Million worth of The Queen

Replay the Kobe final years .

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'll have to ask Saltlover on this, but I had a discussion on this that had the Raptors potentially getting two max slots for 2020's FA+a bit more cap if Kawhi bolts. If this is true, this is an awesome deal for Toronto as it improves them this year for contention and allows them to properly rebuild if everything doesn't work out by tanking for a year or two and then go for big FAs.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Toronto is a huge market. Drake has the hottest song and album in the country right now. Hopefully this keeps Kawhi out of LA

Nice city, but the Canadian taxes are outrageous!  I'll have to wait to see all of the moving parts, but I would since Demar is under contract for three years, that changes the landscape of the trade.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Kudos to Spurs for NOT rebuilding the hated Lakers .

Lakers fans still guaranteeing they land Kawhi 2019 .......so i ask them did PG13  or their scared cow CP3 laeve .....NooooO      A year is a long time .  Kawhi will be THE MAN in Canada .  Maybe he grow to like the attention.

Lakers fans boiling over with hate right now.

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I'll have to ask Saltlover on this, but I had a discussion on this that had the Raptors potentially getting two max slots for 2020's FA+a bit more cap if Kawhi bolts. If this is true, this is an awesome deal for Toronto as it improves them this year for contention and allows them to properly rebuild if everything doesn't work out by tanking for a year or two and then go for big FAs.
That's true assuming no other moves that add out year salary.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Bummer for Demar - he was a superstar in Toronto and I don’t think he’ll be the same in SAS. He should however get the best coaching of his life and will perhaps be able to take his game to a new level. SAS was able to get an all-star for Kawhi which is great for them.

Kawhi seems pretty hellbent on going to LA - and Toronto isn’t LA - but it is a great city and he should at least enjoy his experience for a year. Nice move for Toronto, as it gives them a solid chance this year with the ability to tear it down and rebuild next - something people were pushing them to do now.

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
That's true assuming no other moves that add out year salary.

Is rebuilding through free agency the right move for them?