Author Topic: Shams and Woj Bomb both reporting Kawhi to Raptors for Demar all but done deal.  (Read 27745 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard to Raptors?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 11:12:24 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Trade anything and everything but keep Lowry and Derozan. Everything else can go and then make a run with that trio. Then try like heck to convince Kawhi that he can be an international star a la Vince Carter.

Celtics in 6 in the ECF.  :)
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 11:56:23 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Without DeRozan, the Spurs aren't sending Kawhi to Toronto. Same with Boston and either Brown or Tatum. I just don't see Buford and Pop wanting a hodgepodge 5-6 player package without a star or future star included in the package. Spurs were very good last year without Kawhi. Their thinking in trading him is to get another star or future star, add that player to the current roster and compete.

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 12:00:12 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Without DeRozan, the Spurs aren't sending Kawhi to Toronto. Same with Boston and either Brown or Tatum. I just don't see Buford and Pop wanting a hodgepodge 5-6 player package without a star or future star included in the package. Spurs were very good last year without Kawhi. Their thinking in trading him is to get another star or future star, add that player to the current roster and compete.

Agree.

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 12:11:09 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

OG is probably the most interesting prospect that has come up in trade rumors that is not named Brown or Tatum. I'd take OG before Fultz and Saric. This kid is the exact type of player than can stay on the court in the playoffs and make a difference. Imagine a Murray-Walker-OG lineup defensively.

IF you include Siakim, who is basically a younger Mbouh a Moute, in the deal, it makes it even sweeter. Powell, who would have to be included for salary reasons, has had some good moments too and is pretty versatile.

Then, if you include firsts in 2020 and 2022, there is a chance that the Raptors implode before then with Leonard leaving and Lowry fading in effectiveness. Those picks could be really good.

On top of that, the Raptors have a trade exemption that could absorb all of Danny Green's contract, which frees the Spurs to pursue the youth movement.

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2018, 12:27:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

OG is probably the most interesting prospect that has come up in trade rumors that is not named Brown or Tatum. I'd take OG before Fultz and Saric. This kid is the exact type of player than can stay on the court in the playoffs and make a difference. Imagine a Murray-Walker-OG lineup defensively.

IF you include Siakim, who is basically a younger Mbouh a Moute, in the deal, it makes it even sweeter. Powell, who would have to be included for salary reasons, has had some good moments too and is pretty versatile.

Then, if you include firsts in 2020 and 2022, there is a chance that the Raptors implode before then with Leonard leaving and Lowry fading in effectiveness. Those picks could be really good.

On top of that, the Raptors have a trade exemption that could absorb all of Danny Green's contract, which frees the Spurs to pursue the youth movement.

Yea it is one of those packages that will get blasted in the national media, but ends up working very well for the Spurs overtime.

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 12:37:50 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

I like a deal like this for SAS a lot more than getting DeRozan.

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 01:21:17 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Yea I think OG is pretty undervalued here cause he wasn't hyped going into the draft. However he wasn't even really expected to be in the raptors rotation last year as a 20 year old and flashed some pretty good NBA ready skills.

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155

He's mad. Looks like Kawhi to the Raptors is happening.
The only color that matters is GREEN

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Here’s Woj. Looks like Derozan included.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1019497989008576513?s=21
Celtics fan for life.

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey

He's mad. Looks like Kawhi to the Raptors is happening.

Demar Derozan IG Story*

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Hopefully Spurs can snag a few more decent players and thin them out.

Raptors are getting better, but risky move.

Won 59 games and sending a top-25ish player for a top-3, but this time next year may have absolutely nothing to show for it.
CELTICS 2024

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Cs job just got harder. But that’s okay.

Such a big risk for Toronto.

Also, I wonder how they round out their roster, and what quality FAs are left.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2018, 04:55:37 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

This.

Please give them Derozan and OG. Spurs are good to root for.

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
http://abc7.com/sports/raptors-spurs-finalizing-kawhi-leonard-trade-involving-demar-derozan/3780676/

Leonard and DeRozan are both aware that an agreement could be imminent, and neither is expressing enthusiasm for the deal, league sources said.